Refurbished in 2016, Killhope is a multi award winning Victorian lead mining museum offering a great day out for the family. Guided mine tours, working water wheel, original machinery, exhibitions, workshops, family events, performances, stunning scenery, Yurt hires, shop and cafe.
Special events take place throughout the year with normal admission prices applying. Check the website for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Annual Pass||£13.50 per ticket type|
|Adult Day Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Annual Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Day Pass||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family Annual Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£37.00 per ticket type|
|Family Day Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£25.00 per ticket type|
|Under 4's||£1.00 per ticket type|
Charges for activities are additional.
*Concessions include - children aged 4-16, over 60's, students, unemployed and disabled allowance. **Under fours are unable to go on the mine tour.
Killhope annual passes are valid for 12 months from your first visit for an unlimited number of visits.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Gold 2017
- Visit England Code of Practice 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit England Visitengland Hidden Gem 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- LJD1250Sevenoaks, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA very informative and interesting visitSaturday, 6th October 2018We were staying at a cottage nearby in Nenthead and found out about the mine from there. The staff were very helpful and held the tour back for a few minutes to give us time to get our wellies and... Read full review
- Mathew CTrip Type:FamilyWhat a lovely day out and experience.Monday, 22nd October 2018What a little gem. Friendly and informative staff that helped enhance the experience. Saw red squirrels on the woodland walk and experienced seeing and practical rock sessions, mining and much more... Read full review
- Curious35890545524Trip Type:Couplesuse to be niceWednesday, 31st October 2018Use to be nice but the place feels run down and the cafe use to be lovely but i think it has been taken over and is not very good now and the price for one day entry or membership is to much money... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - On a lead.
|2019 (30 Mar 2019 - 28 Oct 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:30||- 17:00|
* Now closed from 28 Oct until 2nd April 2019
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A69. Take the A689 road, Killhope is situated between Alston and Stanhope.
Public Transport Directions
Traveline 0871 200 22 33 for general transport information. Weardale Motor Services run a regular bus service through Weardale. Normally this terminates at Cowshill, 2.5 miles east of Killhope, but certain summer services will run to Killhope by request. Please contact Weardale Motor Services for details and booking tel: 01388 528235 for details. If you arrive by this bus we'll give you a 10% 'Green Discount' on your entry fee! If you come on your bike you'll get a 10% 'Green admission discount' Look out for the roof of england Sunday bus through out the summer 2013 season