The café offers a wonderful menu with a choice of home-made soups, sandwiches, scones, cakes and lots more. Ingredients are organic or locally sourced where possible.
There are highchairs available and baby changing facilities in the accessible toilet.
We now have a stunning awning over our picnic area to enable you to dine in the great outdoors.
Our shop has an array of gifts, souvenirs, jewellery and books.
Many gifts have been made by local crafts people, local suppliers, using local resources or using recycled materials or are in some way environmentally friendly.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good6
- Andy270967United KingdomNice simple food well executedMonday, 26th September 2022This is a great little cafe if your in the area of upper Weardale. The food is quite basic but well executed. The bacon sandwiches are really nice! The choices are enough for to keep most people... Read full review
- Brisca01Billingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA wonderful cafe.Monday, 26th September 2022Popped in for a cuppa and was tempted by the bacon sandwiches. Good choice. The tea and sandwiches were first class and inexpensive. Great service too by the lovely ladies on duty today. Read full review
- 615anitahScunthorpe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat little cafeWednesday, 26th October 2022Fabulous little cafe based at the mining museum. A small but prefect menu with very reasonable prices and friendly staff. Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Shop (1 Apr 2023 - 31 Oct 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Cafe (1 Apr 2023 - 31 Oct 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 16:00|
* Free admission to shop and café.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A69. Take the A689 road, Killhope is situated between Alston and Stanhope.
Public Transport Directions
For Public travel information - please call Traveline 0871 200 22 33. Weardale Travel (01388 528 235) service 101 Runs up to Killhope at request on Sundays and in summer holidays.