Something for everyone in Barnard Castle
A registered charity and company limited by guarantee, The Witham is a community venue for theatre, music, art and social events, reliant on your support. Governed by a board of trustees, our facilities range from the architecturally award-winning café bar to a fully-renovated Victorian music hall. There’s also a gallery and a box office. Our gift shop doubles as a Visitor Information Point for the area. Free wifi is available throughout. Parking is plentiful.
For private hire, there’s a variety of rooms suitable for business meetings and classes, and from time to time, some charming studios for micro businesses to rent.
The fully-accessible rear of the building is enhanced by a hay meadow, a shepherdess caravan for children’s play and an outside seating area – perfect for enjoying food and drink before a show.
Become a Friend of The Witham
The support of Friends is fundamental to The Witham’s long-term success. The rewards of being a Friend include:
- advanced booking for selected events
- access to at least one exclusive pre- or post-show gathering with the opportunity to meet performers or gain insights behind-the-scenes
- seasonal updates on The Witham’s successes and challenges
- automatic enrolment in The Witham Film Club
- special exclusive Friends’ events.
Annual membership runs from the start of the month in which you join, and the cost is £25 for one and £40 for two people living at the same address and registering at the same time. Join online here.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good25
- Shirley Jcoffee stopMonday, 25th November 2019Great place for coffee and scones/cake, or light lunches. Good choice of basic food, well presented, friendly staff. Read full review
- 836patriciaNorth Yorkshire, United KingdomYorkshire ShepherdessSaturday, 30th November 2019Visited the Witham to see Amanda Owen with a friend who is currently in a wheelchair. Pre-booked a wheelchair space with the box-office. What a lovely reception we got when we arrived - the staff... Read full review
- MadalynH7Huddersfield, United KingdomInteresting arts centreThursday, 16th January 2020We called in out of curiosity whilst in the area. An interesting building which has been well converted and is well used by the local community Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- On-Site café/restaurant
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Open Tue-Sat, 1000-1600.