**Cafe and Shop has now reopened - Wed to Sat 10:00 to 14:30**
A registered charity and company limited by guarantee, The Witham is a community venue for theatre, music, art and social events, reliant on your support. Governed by a board of trustees, our facilities range from the architecturally award-winning café bar to a fully-renovated Victorian music hall. There’s also a gallery and a box office. Our gift shop doubles as a Visitor Information Point for the area. Free wifi is available throughout. Parking is plentiful.
For private hire, there’s a variety of rooms suitable for business meetings and classes, and from time to time, some charming studios for micro businesses to rent.
The fully-accessible rear of the building is enhanced by a hay meadow, a shepherdess caravan for children’s play and an outside seating area – perfect for enjoying food and drink before a show.
Become a Friend of The Witham
The support of Friends is fundamental to The Witham’s long-term success. The rewards of being a Friend include:
- advanced booking for selected events
- access to at least one exclusive pre- or post-show gathering with the opportunity to meet performers or gain insights behind-the-scenes
- seasonal updates on The Witham’s successes and challenges
- automatic enrolment in The Witham Film Club
- special exclusive Friends’ events.
Annual membership runs from the start of the month in which you join, and the cost is £25 for one and £40 for two people living at the same address and registering at the same time. Join online here.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good26
- 103barriebDurham, United KingdomTown arts providerSaturday, 8th February 2020This is a great place for the arts and entertainment, with regular shows, art exhibitions and table top craft sales. It also has a friendly cafe Read full review
- jamespH5320GFTrip Type:Friends getawayQueuing system is stupid.Thursday, 13th February 2020Great venue with some fantastic acts but they made us queue out in the cold. The manager(?) was incredibly rude, telling people off(!) in the queue for not moving up quickly enough. The massive queue... Read full review
- Susannah HBarnard Castle, United KingdomWhat a welcome! And the safest place to eat in townSunday, 13th September 2020What a wonderful welcome we received coming to eat at the Witham cafe. The volunteers here could not have been more helpful, they made this such an enjoyable outing. Food was delicious. I felt... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- On-Site café/restaurant
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Open Tue-Sat, 1000-1600.