High Force suddenly and spectacularly drops 70 feet into a plunge pool below, making it England's highest uninterrupted drop of water.
The woodland walk leads to this breathtaking sight. As you begin the descent down the gentle slope the well-maintained path twists and turns giving a different view every few yards. The muffled rumble suddenly turns to a roar and the sight astounds you.
High Force commands your respect. Its power is its beauty, but it must be treated with care and children should be supervised at all times. Gift shop, picnic area and parking available.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£1.50 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16yrs )||£0.50 per ticket type|
Car parking £3 per car. £2 per motorcycle. Payment is via an Honesty Box if no attendant is present.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good283
- PastorSimonDoncaster, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful scenery but dreadful rip offWednesday, 6th February 2019For £3.00 you get to park for 3 hours - what on earth are you going to do for 3 hrs in February? Then it’s £1.50 each to walk for 10 minutes in what is admittedly a stunning woods. But you can’t get... Read full review
- saz402000Edinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely sightTuesday, 12th February 2019We went for a lovely walk and discovered the Falls, amazing worth a visit. Dog loved the run in the woods. Read full review
- Tor2gamuzNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNice view but has its setbacksThursday, 14th February 2019Upon reaching the car park, you are required to pay minimum £3 for 3 hours of parking which was kind of wierd. After that you have to pay £1.50 to view the waterfall.. After walking around 10... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.00 per car
- Dogs Accepted - On short leads only.
|Winter Season (1 Nov 2018 - 30 Mar 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Season (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
* October - Easter: Visitor facilities closed. In adverse weather it may be necessary to close High Force in the interest of safety, please check the weather forecast before travelling. Closed Christmas Day.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A66. From the A1(M) take the A66 to Bowes/Barnard Castle turn off and pick up the signs for High Force, which is on B6277 Middleton in Teesdale to Alston Road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station - DarlingtonNearest bus stop - Forest in Teesdale (timings depend on season and day)