High Force suddenly and spectacularly drops 70 feet into a plunge pool below, making it England's highest uninterrupted drop of water.
The woodland walk leads to this breathtaking sight. As you begin the descent down the gentle slope the well-maintained path twists and turns giving a different view every few yards. The muffled rumble suddenly turns to a roar and the sight astounds you.
High Force commands your respect. Its power is its beauty, but it must be treated with care and children should be supervised at all times. Gift shop, picnic area and parking available.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£1.50 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16yrs )||£0.50 per ticket type|
Car parking £3 per car. £2 per motorcycle. Payment is via an Honesty Box if no attendant is present.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good268
- Jennifer BDunfermline, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyStunning Views of the WaterfallSaturday, 21st July 2018We parked in the car park (£3) and bought tickets at the booth (£1 adult / 50p child) and walked down to the Waterfall. It was stunning and I was really glad we had made the effort to see it. We... Read full review
- RSPBjoshBlackpool, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelLovely spotFriday, 20th July 2018Came here for a ride out and to try and get some pictures of the waterfall. Even in this dry spell I was amazed at just how much water was coming down. You can get right down to the waters edge which... Read full review
- Maxine WTrip Type:FamilyNice afternoonFriday, 20th July 2018Took a ride out here while on holiday in Richmond. Car park is large & costs £3 for 3hrs or £6 for 6 hrs. Toilets clean & small coffee shop on site. To see high force waterfall it costs £1.50 per... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.00 per car
- Dogs Accepted - On short leads only.
|Winter Season (1 Nov 2018 - 30 Mar 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* October - Easter: Visitor facilities closed. In adverse weather it may be necessary to close High Force in the interest of safety, please check the weather forecast before travelling. Closed Christmas Day.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A66. From the A1(M) take the A66 to Bowes/Barnard Castle turn off and pick up the signs for High Force, which is on B6277 Middleton in Teesdale to Alston Road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station - DarlingtonNearest bus stop - Forest in Teesdale (timings depend on season and day)