High Force suddenly and spectacularly drops 70 feet into a plunge pool below, making it England's highest uninterrupted drop of water.
The woodland walk leads to this breathtaking sight. As you begin the descent down the gentle slope the well-maintained path twists and turns giving a different view every few yards. The muffled rumble suddenly turns to a roar and the sight astounds you.
High Force commands your respect. Its power is its beauty, but it must be treated with care and children should be supervised at all times. Gift shop, picnic area and parking available.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£1.50 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16yrs )||£0.50 per ticket type|
Car parking £3 per car. £2 per motorcycle. Payment is via an Honesty Box if no attendant is present.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good279
- Lena ALondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWhat a place!Tuesday, 6th November 2018Amazed about the falls , this place is magical ! The walk through the woods is just amazing . Love it Read full review
- poppyday39Doncaster, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesStunning waterfallWednesday, 7th November 2018We parked at Low Force on the road near the bus stop. By taking the footpath opposite we got to Low Force Waterfall. After crossing the river at Wynch Bridge, we walked by the riverside up to High... Read full review
- Voyage47670617274Trip Type:FamilyCheck Information before you set off from homeSunday, 18th November 2018If you need up to date information on High Force check their website or facebook page or ring them. The reason there is a charge to see a natural phenomenon is because the car park, wheelchair/buggy... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.00 per car
- Dogs Accepted - On short leads only.
|Winter Season (1 Nov 2018 - 30 Mar 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* October - Easter: Visitor facilities closed. In adverse weather it may be necessary to close High Force in the interest of safety, please check the weather forecast before travelling. Closed Christmas Day.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A66. From the A1(M) take the A66 to Bowes/Barnard Castle turn off and pick up the signs for High Force, which is on B6277 Middleton in Teesdale to Alston Road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station - DarlingtonNearest bus stop - Forest in Teesdale (timings depend on season and day)