High Force suddenly and spectacularly drops 70 feet into a plunge pool below, making it England's highest uninterrupted drop of water.
The woodland walk leads to this breathtaking sight. As you begin the descent down the gentle slope the well-maintained path twists and turns giving a different view every few yards. The muffled rumble suddenly turns to a roar and the sight astounds you.
High Force commands your respect. Its power is its beauty, but it must be treated with care and children should be supervised at all times. Gift shop, picnic area and parking available.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£1.50 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16yrs )||£0.50 per ticket type|
Car parking £3 per car. £2 per motorcycle. Payment is via an Honesty Box if no attendant is present.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good290
- Clare LTrip Type:CouplesWell cared for - at a costMonday, 15th April 2019There's a lovely big car park on the opposite side of the road, for which you pay £3 for up to 3 hours ... then £1.50 each to take the SHORT walk to the waterfall. don't get me wrong, the... Read full review
- tonil532Seaton Carew, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBreathtaking!Tuesday, 16th April 2019Bring Money!!! We were aware that parking would cost but were unaware that the Waterfall itself now costs money to see as it was free. Parking is either £3 for 3 hours or £6 for 6 hours (there are... Read full review
- 520gilliancHertfordshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely walk from Low Force to High forceWednesday, 17th April 2019We decided on a day out with the family and took a trip to High Force waterfall in Teesdale. The place was easy to get to and well signposted. We started at Bowslees visitor centre (Low Force) which... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.00 per car
- Dogs Accepted - On short leads only.
|Season (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Winter Season (1 Nov 2019 - 30 Mar 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* October - Easter: Visitor facilities closed. In adverse weather it may be necessary to close High Force in the interest of safety, please check the weather forecast before travelling. Closed Christmas Day.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A66. From the A1(M) take the A66 to Bowes/Barnard Castle turn off and pick up the signs for High Force, which is on B6277 Middleton in Teesdale to Alston Road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station - DarlingtonNearest bus stop - Forest in Teesdale (timings depend on season and day)