AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good25
- BRIAN YEdinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWell worth a lookFriday, 12th April 2019In better condition tha we expected. Well worth a look round and doesn't take long at all. Free entry. Read full review
- Andrea Whigham ICumbria, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCracking Sunny SaturdaySaturday, 20th April 2019Started with picnic on the castle grounds - very atmospheric, had a still along the peninne way and then a paddle on the way back Finished with an excellent pint at the Unicorn Perfect bank Holiday... Read full review
- Roslyn PCoventry, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA little stop-over walking the Pennine WayWednesday, 22nd May 2019If you have a few minutes when walking the Pennine Way, stop off and picnic at Bowes Castle. Soak up the beautiful valley below and you munch your lunch. When strolling down the lane to restart... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.