AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good24
- RomanBridgeScotlandTrip Type:CouplesRuinSaturday, 17th November 2018Atmospheric, and lovely in summer I would guess. Ruins are accessible. Really cold with a wind in late autumn. Read full review
- bluelizardN WalesTrip Type:Solo travelRuins of Henry II's 12th Century keep with 2-sided moatFriday, 11th January 2019Parking limited in the lane so I parked outside the church on the main road. Approach over a stepped stile or gate. A short visit as it's only a small ruin with one information board. Fantastic views... Read full review
- jaynosimDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPeaceful placeSunday, 24th February 2019After a long walk sit here and take in the peace and quite. Lovely surroundings and little church next to the castle. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.