AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good23
- joycep883Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaTrip Type:CouplesRuinsSunday, 21st October 2018Bowes Castle is just ruins that seems neglected. I think the problem is that there is just too many castles and ruins and it gets lost amongst the other castles in County Durham. My suggestion if... Read full review
- RomanBridgeScotlandTrip Type:CouplesRuinSaturday, 17th November 2018Atmospheric, and lovely in summer I would guess. Ruins are accessible. Really cold with a wind in late autumn. Read full review
- bluelizardN WalesTrip Type:Solo travelRuins of Henry II's 12th Century keep with 2-sided moatFriday, 11th January 2019Parking limited in the lane so I parked outside the church on the main road. Approach over a stepped stile or gate. A short visit as it's only a small ruin with one information board. Fantastic views... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.