AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good26
- Sam GStockton-on-Tees, United KingdomHauntingly desolateFriday, 21st February 2020I saw the brown tourist sign pointing down a tiny alleyway and thought it couldn't be there, but it was! I have been to this area and the environs many times and never knew there was a a castle ruin... Read full review
- Lucie STrip Type:CouplesSunrise at Bowec castleFriday, 1st May 2020Amazing place with historical feeling. We visited 5 am (sunrising) and it was very unique and excellent feeling. No people, only low sun and old stones around. Wonderfull view. I love this place and... Read full review
- samueljames2801Perfect pitstop - add it onto a day out to kill and hour.Sunday, 2nd August 2020We went here whilst out and about for the day as it was close to our accommodation. Nice way to fill 30-60mins. Completely free and quite interesting - worth a popping in to get a bit of local... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.