AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good26
- Lucie STrip Type:CouplesSunrise at Bowec castleFriday, 1st May 2020Amazing place with historical feeling. We visited 5 am (sunrising) and it was very unique and excellent feeling. No people, only low sun and old stones around. Wonderfull view. I love this place and... Read full review
- samueljames2801Perfect pitstop - add it onto a day out to kill and hour.Sunday, 2nd August 2020We went here whilst out and about for the day as it was close to our accommodation. Nice way to fill 30-60mins. Completely free and quite interesting - worth a popping in to get a bit of local... Read full review
- 1984TurnerRipon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDate N°3Tuesday, 22nd December 2020Came here for a nice quiet walk, nice views, castle ruins were kept well and walked down the field to view Mill Force, highly recommend for a quiet stroll during covid times Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.