AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good25
- Roslyn PCoventry, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA little stop-over walking the Pennine WayWednesday, 22nd May 2019If you have a few minutes when walking the Pennine Way, stop off and picnic at Bowes Castle. Soak up the beautiful valley below and you munch your lunch. When strolling down the lane to restart... Read full review
- 149stuartcRayleigh, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelRuined keep just off the A66Thursday, 19th September 2019One of two free to visit castles within half a mile of the A66 (the other is Brough), Bowes is the less impressive of the two with just the shell of a large keep left. It’s up a small lane in the... Read full review
- chaddie51Malvern, United Kingdomnot much to seeSunday, 29th September 2019Not much to see just the keep which is in ruins and as for parking there is none we parked in the lane entre is free but if love these old ruins take a look Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.