AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good27
- samueljames2801Perfect pitstop - add it onto a day out to kill and hour.Sunday, 2nd August 2020We went here whilst out and about for the day as it was close to our accommodation. Nice way to fill 30-60mins. Completely free and quite interesting - worth a popping in to get a bit of local... Read full review
- 1984TurnerRipon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDate N°3Tuesday, 22nd December 2020Came here for a nice quiet walk, nice views, castle ruins were kept well and walked down the field to view Mill Force, highly recommend for a quiet stroll during covid times Read full review
- richardmP1661JVSwindon, United KingdomGood for a quick visitSunday, 16th May 2021This is well worth a stop if you are passing nearby. There is only a small single keep here but that is still interesting enough. Interesting history and part of a line of castles across this part of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.