AboutThe massive ruins of Henry II's 12thC tower keep, set within the earthworks of a Roman fort guarding the strategic Stainmore Pass over the Pennines.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good28
- richardmP1661JVHampstead Norreys, United KingdomGood for a quick visitSunday, 16th May 2021This is well worth a stop if you are passing nearby. There is only a small single keep here but that is still interesting enough. Interesting history and part of a line of castles across this part of... Read full review
- EuanC25Worth a lookSunday, 15th August 2021Not much to see, if you're passing by I'd recommend having a look, but I wouldn't travel any great distance to get to it. You can also combine it with a trip to Barnard, Brough and Brougham Castles... Read full review
- Carol BBirmingham, United KingdomBOWES CASTLEMonday, 4th October 2021Sunday 29th August 2021, My husband and I went to visit Bowes Castle under the care of the English Heritage. Bowes Castle was built between 1171 and 1187 on the site of the Roman fort of Lavatris... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Open all year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open all year, daily, at any reasonable time during daylight hours.