**The Forest Adventure is now closed for the winter.**
Fun for all the family. Who could believe the countryside could be so exciting! The Forest Adventure encourages families to explore acres of beautiful woodland just outside Durham City. A maze of trails lead from tree-based challenges to hidden surprises. Test your wildlife knowledge with nature based quizzes to suit all ages. Enjoy the thrills of the zip wires, whizz down the giant slide and work as a team as you venture through the forest in search of Bark the dragon. Dogs are welcome.
Farm Shop, Coffee Shop, Grassy Play Field, Farm Animals.
*Please note that children aged under 17 may not visit the woodland unattended*
Tickets are required for everyone aged 2 and over - tickets must be purchased via Broom House Farm's website.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good65
- Charles TTrip Type:CouplesWell worth searching out!Friday, 27th October 2023We go mainly for the shop and butchers, although the breakfasts in the coffee shop are wonderful too! The butchers are very friendly and knowledgeable (with some interesting stories to tell if... Read full review
- Loldavo501Why so coldSaturday, 28th October 2023Visited the coffee shop this morning. It’s been a while since I had last been to there coffee shop as always found their breakfasts to be served almost cold, but was calling into their fabulous farm... Read full review
- Melvyn JOne of County Durham’s finest tea rooms.Wednesday, 8th November 2023My first visit for many years. My choice of a BLT sandwich was expertly prepared, very tasty with first class ingredients. My partners choice was a hot beef sandwich on Gluten free bread. While this... Read full review
- On-Site café/restaurant - Light lunches - sandwiches, cakes, coffee, ice creams/lollies
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - dogs accepted on leads
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
* Open weekends and school holidays mid February to mid November. Please call to check opening times +44 0191 371 8382.
*Please note that children aged under 17 may not visit the woodland unattended"
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A691. Leave A691 at Witton Gilbert roundabout. Turn into village and then take first left, signposted to Charlaw Fell. Follow lane to very top and along Long Edge. Broom House Farm is on the left and is well signposted.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station.Nearest bus stop is Witton Gilbert or Burnhope.