Enjoy spectacular views of the historic city of Durham and the surrounding countryside by climbing the cathedral’s central tower.
Make a climb up the towers, the high point of your visit to Durham Cathedral.
Visitors can conquer the 325 steps and enjoy unrivalled views over historic Durham City and surrounding countryside.
If you have a question about climbing the tower, email email@example.com or 0191 338 7178
|£7.50 per ticket type
Child (8-17 years old) Free - Young climbers must be accompanied by someone over 18 years of age.
Unfortunately those under 8 years old cannot climb the tower.
Tickets are available from the visitor desk inside the Cathedral or can be pre-booked online via the website. To check the tower opening please call the visitor desk on 0191 338 7178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1282
- leedssallyLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful Ancient Cathedral - well worth a visit.Sunday, 4th February 2024Beautiful place to visit in any weather, lots of historic interest but also where some Harry Potter films had scenes filmed! If brave and fit enough can walk up the stairs to the top of the tower... Read full review
- Chris CDerby, United KingdomFantastic architecture, heritage and views at Durham CathedralWednesday, 7th February 2024This is the most impressive Cathedral I have visited! The view from the top is stunning, but the narrow spiral stairs might not suit everybody. The architecture is simply breathtaking. A genuine Must... Read full review
- Midlandsman60MansfieldTrip Type:FamilySTUNNINGTuesday, 20th February 2024I went to university in Durham in the early 1980’s but never walked up that hill to the cathedral. In January it was my wife’s birthday and id booked a weekend away and she had no idea that our... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Please check Durham Cathedral website for full details of opening times.