Explore 2000 years of the North East’s history, culture and faith at Durham Cathedral Museum.
Step into the octagonal Great Kitchen and get up close to the treasures of St Cuthbert, including his hand carved 7th century wooden coffin and his iconic Pectoral Cross. Experience the sounds and smells of daily life at Durham Cathedral in centuries gone by in the Monks’ Dormitory, once a living space for Benedictine monks. Under the impressive original 15th century oak timber roof, discover the stories of how Christianity flourished in the North East of England.
Explore these unique spaces that once served Durham’s medieval monastery at your own pace on weekdays (last entry 3.30pm), or enjoy a 1 hour highlights tour with an expert guide on selected Saturdays. Book tickets online at Durham Cathedral's website.
|£7.50 per ticket type
|£15.00 per ticket type
|Companion/Carer may accompany 1 paying child/adult
|Under 18 must be accompanied by someone 18+
25% discount for Friends of Durham Cathedral
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1283
- Chris CDerby, United KingdomFantastic architecture, heritage and views at Durham CathedralWednesday, 7th February 2024This is the most impressive Cathedral I have visited! The view from the top is stunning, but the narrow spiral stairs might not suit everybody. The architecture is simply breathtaking. A genuine Must... Read full review
- Midlandsman60MansfieldTrip Type:FamilySTUNNINGTuesday, 20th February 2024I went to university in Durham in the early 1980’s but never walked up that hill to the cathedral. In January it was my wife’s birthday and id booked a weekend away and she had no idea that our... Read full review
- SharonJT67Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLost in Music 🎵Monday, 26th February 2024Visited on Saturday for the music event Lost in Music, we arrived early but the doors weren’t opened until 7 which was a bit tight trying to get everyone in & seated for 7.30, whilst the event was... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Highlights tours run on some Saturdays - for details please check the cathedral's website.