Explore 2000 years of the North East’s history, culture and faith at Durham Cathedral Museum.
Step into the octagonal Great Kitchen and get up close to the treasures of St Cuthbert, including his hand carved 7th century wooden coffin and his iconic Pectoral Cross. Experience the sounds and smells of daily life at Durham Cathedral in centuries gone by in the Monks’ Dormitory, once a living space for Benedictine monks. Under the impressive original 15th century oak timber roof, discover the stories of how Christianity flourished in the North East of England.
Explore these unique spaces that once served Durham’s medieval monastery at your own pace on weekdays (last entry 3.30pm), or enjoy a 1 hour highlights tour with an expert guide on selected Saturdays. Book tickets online at Durham Cathedral's website.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£7.50 per ticket type|
|Annual Pass||£15.00 per ticket type|
25% discount for Friends of Durham Cathedral
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1279
- Titch-the-WitchRomanel, SwitzerlandWell worth a visitThursday, 21st September 2023We visited Durham Cathedral just after a service had finished. Once the congregation had left, we were able to wander around this impressive structure. As we had been to Holy Island, we were keen to... Read full review
- Anton BKing's Lynn, United KingdomMagnificentSaturday, 23rd September 20231st let me just clear something up. Its is a free entry but you can make a donation if you can. If you can't it's not a problem. Durham Cathedral is a fantastic place to visit, so much history and a... Read full review
- SavvyTraveloguekentTrip Type:CouplesWhat a din!Sunday, 24th September 2023Travelled over 3 hours to visit and couldn't enjoy the Cathedral fully because there was an African singing and dance group with drum accompaniment. So loud it nearly gave me a migraine. Who's idea... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Highlights tours run on some Saturdays - for details please check the cathedral's website.