Overview and About Us
Diggerland in Durham makes up one of the four UK Theme Park locations, whereby children and adults can ride, drive and operate real full sized construction machinery - diggers!
With over 20 different attractions at Diggerland, there is plenty for the whole family to get involved with and thoroughly enjoy!
For the tiny tots between 80cm-90cm in height, there’s a soft indoor play area, bouncy castle, Little Tikes Cozy Coupe play area, the Diggerland Train, a Dig-a-Round carousel, Safari ride, Go-Karts and much more to enjoy.
Primary aged children over 90cm in height can enjoy attractions such as the Dippy Ducks, whereby the controls are used to maneuver a large ring and hook a duck out of the water. Then there’s the Skittles whereby a mini wrecking ball is attached to the digger arm and by operating the controls, kids and adults alike have to try and get a strike!
For the more daring, there’s the Spindizzy (which we highly recommend you do not go on straight after lunch), this is a super Komatsu PC210 excavator, a giant 22 tonne machine, which has had a specially adapted bucket with seating unit attached to the digger arm. The Spindizzy is a ride whereby the operator sitting in the digger cab spins you one way and then the other way really, really fast! The operator then lowers the digger arm to the ground, lifts the arm of the digger to 50ft in the air and then drops the giant bucket, to make this a super thrilling ride!
For those wanting something more gentle to enjoy, there’s the Skyshuttle. This telehandler also has a specialist seating unit attached to the front of the machine on the telescopic arm which lifts guests slowly to 50 feet in the air, in order to take in the truly beautiful views of the Langley Park landscape, as well as to see the whole Diggerland theme park from the clouds.
Grown ups can enjoy the StackAttack, a game whereby the operator (you, our guests) have to stack as many tyres as possible all whilst racing against the clock!
And then there’s what you’ve all been waiting for… the chance to get behind the wheel to drive or sit in the back and ride in a world renowned JCB 3CX!
With so much to do at Diggerland and over 100 machines to choose from, you will certainly get your fix of diggers and tick of something from that all important bucket list.
Location and Local Amenities
Diggerland Durham Construction Theme Park
Find us by car: exit the A1 motorway at Junction 62. Head west on the A690 towards Durham city centre. Cross over the River Wear and at the next roundabout and turn right onto the A691 towards Consett. At the roundabout with the fuel filling station, turn left towards Langley Park and the Riverside Industrial Estate, whereby you will see the Diggerland Durham Construction Theme Park straight ahead.
If your SatNav does not recognise the postcode, please enter ‘Front Street’, which is the main road that runs through Langley Park. Diggerland is located just off Front Street.
Find us by train: the nearest railway station is ‘Durham’, which is approximately 5 miles from Diggerland.
Find us by bus: The No. 13 or 14 bus operated by “Go North East” will take you to Langley Park, whereby Diggerland is a short 5 minute walk. You can call Go North East on 0191 420 50 50 for further information.
Local amenities at Diggerland Durham include:
200 free to use on-site parking spaces
Free coach parking
Baby changing facilities
Outdoor seating and picnic areas
Corporate hospitality facilities
Further Afield Things To See And Do
Durham is a beautiful place full of history and plenty of character. Just a short 15 minute drive from the Diggerland Durham Construction Theme Park, visitors can experience the stunning Durham Cathedral and Castle. For those who love long walks or live music, there is Wharton Park, which is again just a short drive from Diggerland.
We are extremely proud of the fact that our guests thoroughly enjoy themselves at our Diggerland parks which can be seen by our excellent 5/5 star Trustpilot rating.
In addition, Diggerland Durham have received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the past 4 years running.
- Adult or Child 90cm in height £23.95 per person
- Over 65's £11.95 per person
- Free entry for visitors under 90cms tall
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good112
- Deb TBedlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat family fun!Friday, 19th July 2019We took our almost 3 year old to Diggerland on a Thursday morning before the school holidays, hoping it would be quiet. We had loads of fun riding on the vehicles and the staff were excellent, giving... Read full review
- jimzakglasgowTrip Type:FamilyAbsolutely Fabulous Day at Durham Diggerland!Saturday, 20th July 2019My wife and I took our 2 Grandchildren to Durham Diggerland on Wednesday and we all had an utterly fantastic day there! All the rides were brilliant on the machines and our 5 and 3 year olds loved... Read full review
- Denise_FergusonDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFabulous day outMonday, 22nd July 2019We are grandparents of a 5-2 year old, oh my lord what a fabulous day out at Diggerland Durham, both boys were able to participate in everything, all though it seems a small park we were there for 4... Read full review
- On-Site café/restaurant - No outside food can be eaten within the cafe. Only food purchased from the cafe can be eaten inside the cafe.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
* IMPORTANT: Please ring or check the Diggerland website before making your journey. http://www.diggerland.com/opening-times/
Map & Directions
Exit A1(M) at Junction 62. Head West on the A690, into Durham city centre. Go over the River Wear and at the next roundabout turn right onto the A691 and continue to follow the A691 towards Consett. Look for a roundabout with a BP garage on the left, and at that roundabout turn left towards Langley Park and Riverside Industrial Estate, where Diggerland is situated.
Public Transport Directions
The closest railway station is Durham which is approximately 5 miles from Diggerland. A bus which serves Langley Park can be caught from the station. (Go NorthEast service 13 or 14).