Diggerland is the UK’s most unique construction-themed adventure park where children and adults can drive, ride and operate earth-moving machinery in a safe and family friendly environment.
With over 20 different attractions at our Diggerland theme park in Durham, there is plenty for the whole family to get involved with and thoroughly enjoy!
For the tiny tots between 80cm-90cm in height, there’s the Diggerland Train, a Dig-a-Round carousel, Safari ride, Go-Karts and much more to enjoy.
Primary aged children over 90cm in height can enjoy attractions such as the Dippy Ducks, whereby the controls are used to maneuver a large ring and hook a duck out of the water. Then there’s the Skittles whereby a mini wrecking ball is attached to the digger arm and by operating the controls, kids and adults alike have to try and get a strike!
For the more daring, there’s the Spindizzy (which we highly recommend you do not go on straight after lunch), this is a super Komatsu PC210 excavator, a giant 22 tonne machine, which has had a specially adapted bucket with seating unit attached to the digger arm. The Spindizzy is a ride whereby the operator sitting in the digger cab spins you one way and then the other way really, really fast! The operator then lowers the digger arm to the ground, lifts the arm of the digger to 50ft in the air and then drops the giant bucket, to make this a super thrilling ride!
For those wanting something more gentle to enjoy, there’s the Skyshuttle. This telehandler also has a specialist seating unit attached to the front of the machine on the telescopic arm which lifts guests slowly to 50 feet in the air, in order to take in the truly beautiful views of the Langley Park landscape, as well as to see the whole Diggerland theme park from the clouds.
Grown ups can enjoy the StackAttack, a game whereby the operator (you, our guests) have to stack as many tyres as possible all whilst racing against the clock!
And then there’s what you’ve all been waiting for… the chance to get behind the wheel to drive or sit in the back and ride in a world renowned JCB 3CX!
With so much to do at Diggerland and over 100 machines to choose from, you will certainly get your fix of diggers and tick of something from that all important bucket list.
Diggerland Durham – Sensory Room
Children with autism who visit Diggerland are able to enjoy a vast array of rides and drives all focusing on construction machinery, as park marshals encourage all children with all abilities to 'have a go'. Children who usually feel as though they 'can't do it', have their inhibitions and fears stripped away when visiting Diggerland and instead these feelings are replaced with that of joy, exhilaration and revitalization.
However, we understand that sometimes it is important for visitors to take a break from the environment that surrounds them. At Diggerland Durham, we have recently introduced a Sensory Room designed to be a safe place for our visitors during their visit. Inside you will find a dimmed room with fairy lights on the ceiling, a sequin wall that changes colour as well as other sensory objects, shapes and colours attached to the walls. This will put visitors and their family’s minds at rest, so that they can enjoy their experience at Diggerland as much as possible.
The Sensory Room at Diggerland Durham can be found in the JCB Theatre.
Local amenities at Diggerland Durham include:
200 free to use on-site parking spaces
Electric Vehicle Charge Points
Free coach parking
Baby changing facilities
Outdoor seating and picnic areas
Corporate hospitality facilities
Further Afield Things To See And Do
Durham is a beautiful place full of history and plenty of character. Just a short 15 minute drive from the Diggerland Durham Construction Theme Park, visitors can experience the stunning Durham Cathedral and Castle. For those who love long walks or live music, there is Wharton Park, which is again just a short drive from Diggerland.
We are extremely proud of the fact that our guests thoroughly enjoy themselves at our Diggerland parks which can be seen by our excellent 5/5 star Trustpilot rating.
In addition, Diggerland Durham have received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the past 4 years running.
- Adult or Child 100cm or over in height £32.00 per person when paying on the day (£25.95 per person when booking in advance online)
- Over 65's £16.00 per person when paying on the day (£12.97 per person when booking in advance online)
- Free entry for visitors under 100cms tall
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good131
- campervan0penicuikTrip Type:FamilyDay at DiggerlandSunday, 17th September 2023Excellent value for money!! Loads to do for kids!! All staff very patient and helpful with all the childern. What I liked that safety came first. Cafe prices were reasonable.. Very friendly... Read full review
- Simon RFun day for everyoneSunday, 17th September 2023Went on chance visit to Diggerland at Langley park Durham. Grandparents up visiting family so we all agreed on Diggerland 6 of us We all had the best time you get to drive diggers dig holes and... Read full review
- 775KennypEdinburgh, United KingdomGreat Day OutSunday, 17th September 2023Fantastic trip to Diggerland Durham. Despite the wet weather, all the staff were very friendly and helpful, there was so much to do and both my children aged 3 and 6 loved it and could have stayed... Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - No outside food can be eaten within the cafe. Only food purchased from the cafe can be eaten inside the cafe.
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Outdoor Attraction
- Smoking Some Areas
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
|2023 (11 Feb 2023 - 30 Oct 2023)|
* Diggerland Durham is a seasonal attraction. Please visit open times prior to planning your visit.
Map & Directions
Diggerland Durham Construction Theme Park Langley Park County Durham DH7 9TT
Find us by car: exit the A1 motorway at Junction 62. Head west on the A690 towards Durham city centre. Cross over the River Wear and at the next roundabout and turn right onto the A691 towards Consett. At the roundabout with the fuel filling station, turn left towards Langley Park and the Riverside Industrial Estate, whereby you will see the Diggerland Durham Construction Theme Park straight ahead.
If your SatNav does not recognise the postcode, please enter ‘Front Street’, which is the main road that runs through Langley Park. Diggerland is located just off Front Street.
Public Transport Directions
Find us by train: the nearest railway station is ‘Durham’, which is approximately 5 miles from Diggerland.
Find us by bus: The No. 13 or 14 bus operated by “Go North East” will take you to Langley Park, whereby Diggerland is a short 5 minute walk. You can call Go North East on 0191 420 50 50 for further information.