Diggerland is The Ultimate Adventure Theme Park Experience where children and adults alike can ride, drive and operate REAL diggers, dumpers and other full- size construction machinery. Located in Kent, Devon, Durham and Yorkshire, Diggerland is the perfect destination for action, fun and thrill packed family days out.
Fun for all ages (subject to height restrictions), Diggerland with its 20 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities is the ideal theme park for small to large groups looking for something exciting and truly unique. Get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy a bone-rattling off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the Dodgems and Go-Karts!
There are indoor and outdoor play areas, sandpits, coin operated rides and much more where younger visitors can let off steam while their parents can just sit back, relax and watch the fun… or join in!
All parks boast a Diggerland Goodie Store where visitors can mark their day with a memorable souvenir as well as buy gifts, toys and other merchandise, and there are cafeterias that offer a wide selection of hot and cold snacks, meals and beverages. Picnic tables are located in the grounds for those who prefer to bring their own packed lunches.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult or child 90 cm in height or over||£23.95 per ticket type|
|Child (under 90cm tall)||Free|
|Over 65's||£11.95 per ticket type|
Visitors under 90cms tall Free, Visitors 90cms or taller, and aged under 65 £19.95, Visitors aged 65 or over £9.95
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good108
- Dr_WaughNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHalf term visitSunday, 28th October 2018We visited on Friday this week. The children enjoyed most of the activities using the diggers, but I think their favourites were the jeeps and go karts. The cafeteria serves pies and chips and so on... Read full review
- Andrew SGlenrothes, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWe dug Diggerland!Sunday, 28th October 2018Ever since our first born got into construction toys and we saw the advert for Diggerland we have wanted to take him, so finally made it down this month from Scotland! This place is great! So much to... Read full review
- BennettbrianHebburn, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWorth a VisitMonday, 29th October 2018We visited with my 2 year old grandson, the place itself was very tidy and the staff were very pleasant and friendly. Height restrictions are in place for certain rides, 1m being the main one in... Read full review
- On-Site café/restaurant - No outside food can be eaten within the cafe. Only food purchased from the cafe can be eaten inside the cafe.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
* IMPORTANT: Please ring or check the Diggerland website before making your journey. http://www.diggerland.com/opening-times/
Map & Directions
Exit A1(M) at Junction 62. Head West on the A690, into Durham city centre. Go over the River Wear and at the next roundabout turn right onto the A691 and continue to follow the A691 towards Consett. Look for a roundabout with a BP garage on the left, and at that roundabout turn left towards Langley Park and Riverside Industrial Estate, where Diggerland is situated.
Public Transport Directions
The closest railway station is Durham which is approximately 5 miles from Diggerland. A bus which serves Langley Park can be caught from the station. (Go NorthEast service 13 or 14).