Discover the hidden history of Durham Cathedral with one of our regular guided tours. Guided tours of the cathedral last approximately one hour and cost £7.50 per adult, and £3.50 per child. A family ticket is available. Tours can be booked on arrival at the visitor desk, or via the website. Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.50 per ticket type|
|child||£3.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2 Adults, 2 Children)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good1245
- mikeeX4732WPCathedral visitMonday, 20th September 2021wonderful experience loved the whole experience, the staff were friendly and knowledgable plenty of people to talk to and ask questions, The staff in the gift shop were kind and considerate, will go... Read full review
- alan sNairn, United KingdomIncredible visitTuesday, 21st September 2021What an incredible place, absolutely amazing. Spent 3 hrs looking round, loads to see. It is so steeped in history, but has a lot of modern twists to it. The stain glass windows are incredible with a... Read full review
- 293neilkLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayStunningThursday, 23rd September 2021Durham Cathedral aka The Cathedral Church Of Christ ,Blessed Mary The Virgin And St Cuthbert Of Durham is without a shadow of a doubt the most stunning building in Durham and home of the shrine of St... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Tours are available from Monday to Saturday, usually at 11.00am and 2.00pm with additional tours at 10.30am during the summer.
Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 to Durham city centre. 3 Park and Ride facilities within the city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station go into the city centre and follow the signs for the cathedral or take the Cathedral Bus (every 20 minutes until 1730 - please ring for times 0870 608 2608).