Discover the hidden history of Durham Cathedral with one of our regular guided tours. Guided tours of the cathedral last approximately one hour and cost £7.50 per adult. Tours can be booked on arrival at the visitor desk, or via the website. Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
|£7.50 per ticket type
|Free Admission Under 18
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1283
- Chris CDerby, United KingdomFantastic architecture, heritage and views at Durham CathedralWednesday, 7th February 2024This is the most impressive Cathedral I have visited! The view from the top is stunning, but the narrow spiral stairs might not suit everybody. The architecture is simply breathtaking. A genuine Must... Read full review
- Midlandsman60MansfieldTrip Type:FamilySTUNNINGTuesday, 20th February 2024I went to university in Durham in the early 1980’s but never walked up that hill to the cathedral. In January it was my wife’s birthday and id booked a weekend away and she had no idea that our... Read full review
- SharonJT67Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLost in Music 🎵Monday, 26th February 2024Visited on Saturday for the music event Lost in Music, we arrived early but the doors weren’t opened until 7 which was a bit tight trying to get everyone in & seated for 7.30, whilst the event was... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Tours are available from Monday to Saturday, usually at 11.00am and 2.00pm with additional tours at 10.30am during the summer.
Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 to Durham city centre. 3 Park and Ride facilities within the city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station go into the city centre and follow the signs for the cathedral or take the Cathedral Bus (every 20 minutes until 1730 - please ring for times 0870 608 2608).