Discover the hidden history of Durham Cathedral with one of our regular guided tours. Guided tours of the cathedral last approximately one hour and cost £7.50 per adult, and £3.50 per child. A family ticket is available. Tours can be booked on arrival at the visitor desk, or via the website. Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.50 per ticket type|
|child||£3.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2 Adults, 2 Children)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good1257
- annieS2021Newport, United KingdomWorth it just to see the rose windowMonday, 20th June 2022Wonderful to see and wander round. No obligation to rush. Because of the queuing / system on entry we were advised it was free to look round but that there was an optional recommended donation of... Read full review
- unicartSofia, Bulgariamagical placeTuesday, 21st June 2022Incredibly beautiful architecture. Exquisite stained glass. The view is fantastic. You can spend hours in silent contemplation. Read full review
- vrp242Comox, CanadaLoved this ancient cathedralSunday, 26th June 2022This Normal cathedral is beautiful and has such a spiritual atmosphere. The massive columns and Norman arches are so interesting, as are the tombs of St. Cuthbert and the Venerable Bede. Has a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Tours are available from Monday to Saturday, usually at 11.00am and 2.00pm with additional tours at 10.30am during the summer.
Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 to Durham city centre. 3 Park and Ride facilities within the city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station go into the city centre and follow the signs for the cathedral or take the Cathedral Bus (every 20 minutes until 1730 - please ring for times 0870 608 2608).