Discover the hidden history of Durham Cathedral with one of our regular guided tours. Guided tours of the cathedral last approximately one hour and cost £7.50 per adult, and £3.50 per child. A family ticket is available. Tours can be booked on arrival at the visitor desk, or via the website. Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.50 per ticket type|
|child||£3.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2 Adults, 2 Children)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1279
- Titch-the-WitchRomanel, SwitzerlandWell worth a visitThursday, 21st September 2023We visited Durham Cathedral just after a service had finished. Once the congregation had left, we were able to wander around this impressive structure. As we had been to Holy Island, we were keen to... Read full review
- Anton BKing's Lynn, United KingdomMagnificentSaturday, 23rd September 20231st let me just clear something up. Its is a free entry but you can make a donation if you can. If you can't it's not a problem. Durham Cathedral is a fantastic place to visit, so much history and a... Read full review
- SavvyTraveloguekentTrip Type:CouplesWhat a din!Sunday, 24th September 2023Travelled over 3 hours to visit and couldn't enjoy the Cathedral fully because there was an African singing and dance group with drum accompaniment. So loud it nearly gave me a migraine. Who's idea... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Tours are available from Monday to Saturday, usually at 11.00am and 2.00pm with additional tours at 10.30am during the summer.
Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 to Durham city centre. 3 Park and Ride facilities within the city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station go into the city centre and follow the signs for the cathedral or take the Cathedral Bus (every 20 minutes until 1730 - please ring for times 0870 608 2608).