Durham Cathedral Tours
Tel: +44 0191 386 4266
Discover the hidden history of Durham Cathedral with one of our regular guided tours. Guided tours of the cathedral last approximately one hour and cost £7.50 per adult, and £3.50 per child. A family ticket is available. Tours can be booked on arrival at the visitor desk, or via the website. Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.50 per ticket type|
|child||£3.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2 Adults, 2 Children)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good1267
- D7384NHjamesbTrip Type:Solo travelWonderfulSaturday, 11th March 2023There is so much here - suggest a few hours in the cloisters and old monastery buildings and a few in the Cathedral. And go for a walk around the green and across the river to get some views of the... Read full review
- benjamina32Lincoln, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelBeautiful buildingFriday, 24th March 2023While from the exterior the Cathedral may look like any other it is beautiful on the inside and the decorated pillars are very different from what i have seen elsewhere. Parts of the Cathedral retain... Read full review
- sellis1313Melbourne, AustraliaTrip Type:CouplesWorth a visitSaturday, 25th March 2023Definitely worth a visit. An incredibly impressive cathedral! Parts of Harry Potter were filmed here! Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Tours are available from Monday to Saturday, usually at 11.00am and 2.00pm with additional tours at 10.30am during the summer.
Please note, tours may occasionally be cancelled due to events and special services as we are a working church.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 to Durham city centre. 3 Park and Ride facilities within the city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station go into the city centre and follow the signs for the cathedral or take the Cathedral Bus (every 20 minutes until 1730 - please ring for times 0870 608 2608).