This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good19
- Paul MSeaham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWonderful park in the heart of DurhamSunday, 25th August 2019Must have driven past this park 100 times and never bothered with it. Went in with a young relation on bank holiday Monday and was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. Good parking which you have... Read full review
- SunnyMickDurham, United KingdomExcellent park!Thursday, 12th September 2019Excellent park with great views of the Cathedral & City. Also has a very good basketball court which doubles as a five-a-side court. Two separate play parks for kids, an outdoor gym, cafe, community... Read full review
- SharonJT67Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExceptional parkSunday, 1st March 2020Lived in Durham for years & driven past this many times, unaware of its existence. Today we left the car parked up & walked all over Durham & were delighted by many of our finds, this being one of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily between 9:00 - 16:00. with events held throughout the year. The café is open weekends only, between 10.00 - 16:00, until Saturday 3 April 2020. Last orders are at 15.45. During Durham school holidays the café will be open 10.00am - 16:00 daily.