**Please be Covid-19 considerate. Do not visit our parks if you have symptoms and use the hand sanitising facilities available.
Car Park: Gates close at 5.00pm.
Toilets: 10.00am to 4.30pm
Café: Open Daily 10.00am to 4.00pm**
This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northern Saints Trails Passport 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good22
- 293neilkLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLooks goodThursday, 4th November 2021Found Wharton Park late at night, I must say it looks good ,it's quite large and well kept, an oasis of calm in the midst of this busy and bustling town. As I chanced upon it late at night I couldn't... Read full review
- PeteLucy434Uxbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesViewsSunday, 23rd January 2022High above the city and behind the station and viaduct, this park is a great place to get dramatic views, as long as the sun is in the right place. Read full review
- shannonbW1358BBDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAugust 2022Monday, 29th August 2022Lovely park. Lots of play things for kids and the toilets are easily accessible. There's a great amount of seating and we managed to see some lovely rabbits. The community garden is a lovely idea. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open daily between 9:00 - 16:00. with events held throughout the year.