This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good14
- John FDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood entertainmentSunday, 16th September 2018They have some great brass bands play here and i try and see as many as i can.There is plenty for the children to do young and old. Cafe good Read full review
- Maria BNorth East England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely park;cafe staff attitude plain disgustingTuesday, 21st August 2018When ordering drinks the server barks at customers, rolls her eyes and patronisingly repeats questions or statements as if even speaking is a mere inconvenience nevermind smiling. It would appear... Read full review
- Marlene BDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat VentureMonday, 6th August 2018Took our 9 and 7 year old girls there, they had a great time on the play areas, plenty of seating around the area, with a very good cafe, there is a racing car track ,football area and plenty of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open daily, with events held throughout the year.