Tel: +44 03000 262 655
Car Park: Gates close at 5.00pm.
Toilets: 10.00am to 4.30pm
Café: Open Daily 10.00am to 4.00pm**
This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northern Saints Trails Passport 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good22
- PeteLucy434Uxbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesViewsSunday, 23rd January 2022High above the city and behind the station and viaduct, this park is a great place to get dramatic views, as long as the sun is in the right place. Read full review
- shannonbW1358BBDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAugust 2022Monday, 29th August 2022Lovely park. Lots of play things for kids and the toilets are easily accessible. There's a great amount of seating and we managed to see some lovely rabbits. The community garden is a lovely idea. Read full review
- Sue CDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDisabled point of viewWednesday, 31st May 2023What a beautiful hidden gem. I'm disabled so found it very hilly and hard walking. Loads of steps and steep banks. There is no free parking for the disabled, 30p for 30 minutes and a maximum of 3... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open daily between 9:00 - 16:00. with events held throughout the year.