This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good15
- John FDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood entertainmentSunday, 16th September 2018They have some great brass bands play here and i try and see as many as i can.There is plenty for the children to do young and old. Cafe good Read full review
- valerie4135Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWorth a visitMonday, 8th October 2018Excellent for children young and old with very good play areas . Lovely community garden . Would just like to see more flowers around the park Read full review
- tribewardmkDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyRecent work has made this really niceMonday, 29th October 2018Visited this with a visitor to Durham, to get the wonderful view and then had a coffee in the cafe. Visited a couple of weeks later with my great-nephews who had a wonderful time- using the fitness... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open daily, with events held throughout the year.