This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- Paul MSeaham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWonderful park in the heart of DurhamSunday, 25th August 2019Must have driven past this park 100 times and never bothered with it. Went in with a young relation on bank holiday Monday and was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. Good parking which you have... Read full review
- SunnyMickDurham, United KingdomExcellent park!Thursday, 12th September 2019Excellent park with great views of the Cathedral & City. Also has a very good basketball court which doubles as a five-a-side court. Two separate play parks for kids, an outdoor gym, cafe, community... Read full review
- PhilM0608Durham, United Kingdomlovely park - with some car parking - take your own foodSunday, 3rd November 2019The park has been really well done up in the last couple of years with plenty for kids to do , some nice walks, some picnic nenches and it hosts some amazing events like the BRASS FESTIVAL. Its not... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, with events held throughout the year.