This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- susanw197320Durham, England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCafe too busyWednesday, 30th January 2019The cafe was really busy when we were there with my Great Nephew and Great niece in the summer but plenty for the kids to do ages 5 & 6 Read full review
- Kevin FTrip Type:Friends getawayIdeal summer visitTuesday, 12th February 2019Well cared for, and ideal for children, Wharton Park is a lovely place for picnics in summer. There is a clean and tidy cafe and beautiful views of the city. Read full review
- Jen WNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:Familybit of a climbSunday, 24th March 2019this is a lovely park,well kept and with lots to do for a wide range of children.parking is easy.However it is atop a steep hill and the acess to some of the areas is steep VERY steep.Theres a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, with events held throughout the year.