We are encouraging and recommending members of the public to continue to wear face coverings, unless exempt, in all of our buildings and venues, to protect each other and staff. Helping to reduce the spread of coronavirus, this will enable us to maintain the provision of services for those who need them most.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
To reduce the risk of catching or spreading coronavirus, please continue to practice social distancing when meeting with others outside of your household or support bubble and wear a face covering in our indoor spaces.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northern Saints Trails Passport 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good21
- Dr_WaughNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely parkTuesday, 16th February 2021A much needed escape from the house and a change of scene here. The cafe was closed, not even open for take out. But all of the park and fitness equipment was open and in use. There’s a small court... Read full review
- SunnyMickDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant park!Saturday, 19th June 2021Always enjoy visiting this park. Very good basketball/football court, great views of the city, outdoor gym, also great play areas for kids! Read full review
- SharonJT67Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelGreat bit of tranquility in a cityFriday, 16th July 2021Traffic was bad in Durham so decided to go on a wander and ended up in the park, was really quiet & came upon the community garden, what a brilliant idea, the garden was well maintained & they had... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open daily between 9:00 - 16:00. with events held throughout the year. The café is open weekends only, between 10.00 - 16:00, until Saturday 3 April 2020. Last orders are at 15.45. During Durham school holidays the café will be open 10.00am - 16:00 daily.