You can drive to our parks, beaches and open spaces and meet up with one person from outside your household as long as you respect social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from anyone outside of your household. Our café and visitor centre at Hardwick Park are closed until further notice.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good19
- Paul MSeaham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWonderful park in the heart of DurhamSunday, 25th August 2019Must have driven past this park 100 times and never bothered with it. Went in with a young relation on bank holiday Monday and was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. Good parking which you have... Read full review
- SunnyMickDurham, United KingdomExcellent park!Thursday, 12th September 2019Excellent park with great views of the Cathedral & City. Also has a very good basketball court which doubles as a five-a-side court. Two separate play parks for kids, an outdoor gym, cafe, community... Read full review
- SharonJT67Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExceptional parkSunday, 1st March 2020Lived in Durham for years & driven past this many times, unaware of its existence. Today we left the car parked up & walked all over Durham & were delighted by many of our finds, this being one of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily between 9:00 - 16:00. with events held throughout the year. The café is open weekends only, between 10.00 - 16:00, until Saturday 3 April 2020. Last orders are at 15.45. During Durham school holidays the café will be open 10.00am - 16:00 daily.