You can drive to our parks, beaches and open spaces and meet up with one person from outside your household as long as you respect social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from anyone outside of your household. Our café and visitor centre at Hardwick Park are closed until further notice.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good19
- SharonJT67Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExceptional parkSunday, 1st March 2020Lived in Durham for years & driven past this many times, unaware of its existence. Today we left the car parked up & walked all over Durham & were delighted by many of our finds, this being one of... Read full review
- 6Cash2603Edinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely little parkSunday, 12th July 2020Lovely little park, much smaller than we originally thought but still fun for the girls. Views are spectacular! Read full review
- Michael NCheadle Hulme, United KingdomPassing visitSunday, 20th September 2020Arrived just before 5pm on a Sunday for a quick visit and car park charges still applicable. Some nice views of the city but the viaduct is mostly obscured by trees so difficult to do much train... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily between 9:00 - 16:00. with events held throughout the year. The café is open weekends only, between 10.00 - 16:00, until Saturday 3 April 2020. Last orders are at 15.45. During Durham school holidays the café will be open 10.00am - 16:00 daily.