This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- Jen WNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:Familybit of a climbSunday, 24th March 2019this is a lovely park,well kept and with lots to do for a wide range of children.parking is easy.However it is atop a steep hill and the acess to some of the areas is steep VERY steep.Theres a... Read full review
- paulrothwell26Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPicturesqueTuesday, 25th June 2019Wharton Park is a lovely little park nestled away just behind Durham Train Station and just off Framwellgate Peth (A691). You can also enter it by foot from North Road or behind the Train Station... Read full review
- Louise HTrip Type:FamilyDay out with grandkidsTuesday, 9th July 2019Very hilly,not much for 2 year old to do only one play ground and not really much there. When we went was nothing on ,no bands or entertainment . Cafeteria seemed clean but not really cheap when you... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, with events held throughout the year.