**Throughout national lockdown, Wharton Park is open. Please follow government guidance and only use our parks to exercise by yourself; with the people you live with; with your support bubble; in a childcare bubble where providing childcare or, when on your own, with one person from another household. Toilets are open 10.00am to 4.00pm and are cleaned regularly. The café and visitor centre are closed**
This VisitEngland accredited attraction Wharton Park commands spectacular views across Durham City. The historic park now offers a brand new heritage centre and cafe, play area for all ages, an amphitheatre and miniature car track, multi-use games area, outdoor gym and putting green.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good20
- 6Cash2603Edinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely little parkSunday, 12th July 2020Lovely little park, much smaller than we originally thought but still fun for the girls. Views are spectacular! Read full review
- Michael NCheadle Hulme, United KingdomPassing visitSunday, 20th September 2020Arrived just before 5pm on a Sunday for a quick visit and car park charges still applicable. Some nice views of the city but the viaduct is mostly obscured by trees so difficult to do much train... Read full review
- Dr_WaughNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely parkTuesday, 16th February 2021A much needed escape from the house and a change of scene here. The cafe was closed, not even open for take out. But all of the park and fitness equipment was open and in use. There’s a small court... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
|Season (21 May 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open daily between 9:00 - 16:00. with events held throughout the year. The café is open weekends only, between 10.00 - 16:00, until Saturday 3 April 2020. Last orders are at 15.45. During Durham school holidays the café will be open 10.00am - 16:00 daily.