Broom House Farm Coffee Shop
Broom House Farm Coffee Shop is on the doorstep of Durham City and yet as you drive the 2 miles up the fell to the farm, you feel like you are entering a different world. The rural setting is complemented by a sedum roofed building that is light and airy, with a cosy log-burning stove in winter and a sunny outside seating area for the warmer months. Dogs are welcome.
Food and drinks are freshly made to order and breakfast, brunch and lunch menus are based around ingredients produced at Broom House Farm, with delicious sausages, bacon, black pudding, eggs and tempting vegetarian/vegan options. Aberdeen Angus Burgers and freshly made soups, toasties and salads complement a tempting display of scones and cakes.
A large grassy play field is available for Coffee Shop customers and around the farm there are chickens, pigs and usually sheep & cattle to watch.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good60
- 974katybDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely food!Sunday, 20th September 2020Found this lovely little place on tripadvisor and it was a great find! We went for breakfast and we couldn’t fault the food. The staff were attentive and we had an overall great experience; we... Read full review
- Fiona-8999Alnwick, United KingdomWe loved itSaturday, 26th September 2020Heard good relieves and we were happy that we also had a great experience. The food was delicious and you can tell it is high quality and cooked on the premises. The best bacon sandwich my husband... Read full review
- boyd1952Newton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesChaoticThursday, 1st October 2020Arrived to a busy car park with new layout. We proceeded straight to cafe nobody on door so very difficult without entering to see if any tables available. On entering still no acknowledgement but we... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Open 09:00 - 16.30 November-February . Bank Holidays 9am-5pm (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Map & Directions
A691 Consett - Durham road at Witton Gilbert roundabout, follow the brown signs into village, turn left then continue 2 miles up the fell.