Broom House Farm Coffee Shop
Broom House Farm Coffee Shop is on the doorstep of Durham City and yet as you drive the 2 miles up the fell to the farm, you feel like you are entering a different world. The rural setting is complemented by a sedum roofed building that is light and airy, with a cosy log-burning stove in winter and a sunny outside seating area for the warmer months. Dogs are welcome.
Food and drinks are freshly made to order and breakfast, brunch and lunch menus are based around ingredients produced at Broom House Farm, with delicious sausages, bacon, black pudding, eggs and tempting vegetarian/vegan options. Aberdeen Angus Burgers and freshly made soups, toasties and salads complement a tempting display of scones and cakes.
A large grassy play field is available for Coffee Shop customers and around the farm there are chickens, pigs and usually sheep & cattle to watch.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good56
- 457lynnmDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessNursery vistTuesday, 12th November 2019After an amazing day on the farm what a treat for our children, hot chocolate and crispy cakes in the coffee shop. Delicious Read full review
- jessicapH7164YNStanley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesHidden treasureMonday, 2nd December 2019I have visited Broom House Farm a few times now and I have always been delighted with the food, coffee and service. I especially love the Burgers with the sautéed potatoes and slaw. Read full review
- williac2020farm shop/coffee shopWednesday, 8th January 2020a warm welcome serving us an hearty breakfast! the farm shop was second to none.Well signposted if a little remote.an excellent base for a walk before returning to good food/drink in coffee shop. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Open 09:00 - 16.30 November-February . Bank Holidays 9am-5pm (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Map & Directions
A691 Consett - Durham road at Witton Gilbert roundabout, follow the brown signs into village, turn left then continue 2 miles up the fell.