Broom House Farm Coffee Shop
Broom House Farm Coffee Shop is on the doorstep of Durham City and yet as you drive the 2 miles up the fell to the farm, you feel like you are entering a different world. The rural setting is complemented by a sedum roofed building that is light and airy, with a cosy log-burning stove in winter and a sunny outside seating area for the warmer months. Dogs are welcome.
Food and drinks are freshly made to order and breakfast, brunch and lunch menus are based around ingredients produced at Broom House Farm, with delicious sausages, bacon, black pudding, eggs and tempting vegetarian/vegan options. Aberdeen Angus Burgers and freshly made soups, toasties and salads complement a tempting display of scones and cakes.
A large grassy play field is available for Coffee Shop customers and around the farm there are chickens, pigs and usually sheep & cattle to watch.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good57
- Sue BLondon, United KingdomGreat way to blow away the cobwebsThursday, 27th February 2020Wild and windy weather so what better way to blow away the cobwebs than a trip to Broom House? Delicious burgers, including the aubergine and halloumi one. Cake and coffee. One table was having... Read full review
- 457lynnmDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySpoilt for choiceWednesday, 11th March 2020Popped up to the farm for lunch today, the specials board had cauliflower cheese on toast! TOTALLY AMAZING Read full review
- Philip HWhitehaven, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot just an excellent Farm Shop and cafe, more....Monday, 16th March 2020Visit Broom House Farm for the shop and cafe. Cafe serves a full range of drinks, including alcohol, but also their excellent snacks and meals. Food cooked using their own produce as well. Outside is... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Open 09:00 - 16.30 November-February . Bank Holidays 9am-5pm (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Map & Directions
A691 Consett - Durham road at Witton Gilbert roundabout, follow the brown signs into village, turn left then continue 2 miles up the fell.