Broom House Farm Coffee Shop
Broom House Farm Coffee Shop is on the doorstep of Durham City and yet as you drive the 2 miles up the fell to the farm, you feel like you are entering a different world. The rural setting is complemented by a sedum roofed building that is light and airy, with a cosy log-burning stove in winter and a sunny outside seating area for the warmer months. Dogs are welcome.
Food and drinks are freshly made to order and breakfast, brunch and lunch menus are based around ingredients produced at Broom House Farm, with delicious sausages, bacon, black pudding, eggs and tempting vegetarian/vegan options. Aberdeen Angus Burgers and freshly made soups, toasties and salads complement a tempting display of scones and cakes.
A large grassy play field is available for Coffee Shop customers and around the farm there are chickens, pigs and usually sheep & cattle to watch.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good54
- FamilyBuckTrip Type:FamilySuperb as always!Sunday, 19th May 2019Another fabulous family breakfast. Can highly recommend the Eggs Benedict and the avocado on toast with poached eggs. The kids love the home produced sausage sandwiches and beans on homemade toast. A... Read full review
- Sue BLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday Lunch - perfect daySunday, 19th May 20193 of us had a delicious Sunday Lunch in the Cafe today. Followed by coffee and brownies sitting outside and a purchase from the Farm Shop. As corny as it sounds, at a time of angst and division... Read full review
- hjdxDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAlways fantasticTuesday, 28th May 2019We go here very regularly, usually for their fantastic breakfast, but we have often also eaten cake! The food in the coffee shop is always fantastic, and they have great attention to allergy... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Nov 2018 - 29 Feb 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Open 09:00 - 16.30 November-February
Bank Holidays 9am-5pm (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Map & Directions
A691 Consett - Durham road at Witton Gilbert roundabout, follow the brown signs into village, turn left then continue 2 miles up the fell.