Broom House Farm Coffee Shop
Broom House Farm Coffee Shop is on the doorstep of Durham City and yet as you drive the 2 miles up the fell to the farm, you feel like you are entering a different world. The rural setting is complemented by a sedum roofed building that is light and airy, with a cosy log-burning stove in winter and a sunny outside seating area for the warmer months. Dogs are welcome.
Food and drinks are freshly made to order and breakfast, brunch and lunch menus are based around ingredients produced at Broom House Farm, with delicious sausages, bacon, black pudding, eggs and tempting vegetarian/vegan options. Aberdeen Angus Burgers and freshly made soups, toasties and salads complement a tempting display of scones and cakes.
A large grassy play field is available for Coffee Shop customers and around the farm there are chickens, pigs and usually sheep & cattle to watch.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good55
- GazmccarteTrip Type:FamilyTop cafeSaturday, 31st August 2019Been here several times now. The food and service in this cafe have all been second to non. There is always something a little bit quirky. Me and the wife had roast beetroot and halloumi... Read full review
- JustinguisNorth Yorkshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFun place for a family day outWednesday, 4th September 2019Our family day out covered 3 generations and we all enjoyed this place. It was lovely being somewhere that did not throw Health and Safety regulations at you all the time and where the adults could... Read full review
- flippertw33tSpennymoor, United KingdomExcellent FindMonday, 9th September 2019Stumbled upon this place while cycling through,, I had an excellent pot of tea and cake, staff were very friendly. Well worth a visit, definitely a hidden gem. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Nov 2018 - 29 Feb 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Open 09:00 - 16.30 November-February
Bank Holidays 9am-5pm (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Map & Directions
A691 Consett - Durham road at Witton Gilbert roundabout, follow the brown signs into village, turn left then continue 2 miles up the fell.