Broom House Farm Coffee Shop
Broom House Farm Coffee Shop is on the doorstep of Durham City and yet as you drive the 2 miles up the fell to the farm, you feel like you are entering a different world. The rural setting is complemented by a sedum roofed building that is light and airy, with a cosy log-burning stove in winter and a sunny outside seating area for the warmer months. Dogs are welcome.
Food and drinks are freshly made to order and breakfast, brunch and lunch menus are based around ingredients produced at Broom House Farm, with delicious sausages, bacon, black pudding, eggs and tempting vegetarian/vegan options. Aberdeen Angus Burgers and freshly made soups, toasties and salads complement a tempting display of scones and cakes.
A large grassy play field is available for Coffee Shop customers and around the farm there are chickens, pigs and usually sheep & cattle to watch.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good61
- simpsdmDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFantastic location and serviceThursday, 9th September 2021We callled for the first time and wee made so welcome! The lady made us up a lovely table after the rain had stopped and even brought over a vase of sweet peas. I had the quiche and my husband had... Read full review
- HazeyfishRugby, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat place for tea and cakes!Thursday, 9th September 2021What fabulous place! Perfect place to meet up with for a catch up with the girls. Really reasonable and great food in the cafe. Read full review
- graeme alison bDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDogs missed outSaturday, 11th September 2021Always looking for somewhere to take our 3 dogs with us when we want something to eat, we came across this little gem of a farm Plenty of facilities on offer to suit anyone including animals, farm... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Open 09:00 - 16.30 November-February . Bank Holidays 9am-5pm (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Map & Directions
A691 Consett - Durham road at Witton Gilbert roundabout, follow the brown signs into village, turn left then continue 2 miles up the fell.