Broom House Farm is an organic farm situated high above the Browney River, overlooking Durham City. Free range, grass fed Aberdeen Angus beef, lamb and mutton and Saddleback pork is all reared on the farm.
Creative butchery displays in the farm shop showcase the wide range of produce, properly hung and skilfully presented by our master butchery team.
Traditional recipes and the best meat is used to make the scrummiest sausages, best burgers, bacon and amazing black pudding.
The shop stocks organic poultry and dairy produce, locally baked breads, vegetables and a range of chutneys, sauces and other complementary goodies.
There is an inspiring selection of cards and gifts, supporting local independent artists and craftspeople as well as an innovative display of seasonal products, ranging from candles and tableware to picnic accessories.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- Brian GTrip Type:CouplestastelessSaturday, 9th March 2019first time i have visited this cafe and very i am very disappointed with my experience, first of all i was the only person waiting to get served at the counter, while the waitress was getting a order... Read full review
- Nicki SLincoln, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAbsolutely Gorgeous!Sunday, 17th March 2019We came for breakfast following a recommendation whilst on a weekend break in Durham and we were so pleased that we did! The welcome was very friendly and the food truly gorgeous. It was more than... Read full review
- Alix CBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat Veggie breakfastTuesday, 19th March 2019Visited on Saturday with family for a late breakfast/early lunch. The veggie breakfast was tasty and substantial, everything tasted really fresh and homemade. As usual the food was served in a... Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* * Closed 25,26 Dec and 1 Jan *
Map & Directions
Broom House Farm is about 5 miles west of Durham City. Follow brown tourist signs from Witton Gilbert roundabout on the A691 Durham-Consett road. It is signposted uphill about 2 miles from this point.