Broom House Farm is an organic farm situated high above the Browney River, overlooking Durham City. Free range, grass fed Aberdeen Angus beef, lamb and mutton and Saddleback pork is all reared on the farm.
Creative butchery displays in the farm shop showcase the wide range of produce, properly hung and skilfully presented by our master butchery team.
Traditional recipes and the best meat is used to make the scrummiest sausages, best burgers, bacon and amazing black pudding.
The shop stocks organic poultry and dairy produce, locally baked breads, vegetables and a range of chutneys, sauces and other complementary goodies.
There is an inspiring selection of cards and gifts, supporting local independent artists and craftspeople as well as an innovative display of seasonal products, ranging from candles and tableware to picnic accessories.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good55
- JustinguisNorth Yorkshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFun place for a family day outWednesday, 4th September 2019Our family day out covered 3 generations and we all enjoyed this place. It was lovely being somewhere that did not throw Health and Safety regulations at you all the time and where the adults could... Read full review
- flippertw33tSpennymoor, United KingdomExcellent FindMonday, 9th September 2019Stumbled upon this place while cycling through,, I had an excellent pot of tea and cake, staff were very friendly. Well worth a visit, definitely a hidden gem. Read full review
- Trevor JSunderland, United KingdomVery nice placeSunday, 15th September 2019Lovely coffee, scones to die for, very nice staff, nice location with a picnic area and an adventure trail for the kids. Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* * Closed 25,26 Dec and 1 Jan *
Map & Directions
Broom House Farm is about 5 miles west of Durham City. Follow brown tourist signs from Witton Gilbert roundabout on the A691 Durham-Consett road. It is signposted uphill about 2 miles from this point.