Broom House Farm is an organic farm situated high above the Browney River, overlooking Durham City. Free range, grass fed Aberdeen Angus beef, lamb and mutton and Saddleback pork is all reared on the farm.
Creative butchery displays in the farm shop showcase the wide range of produce, properly hung and skilfully presented by our master butchery team.
Traditional recipes and the best meat is used to make the scrummiest sausages, best burgers, bacon and amazing black pudding.
The shop stocks organic poultry and dairy produce, locally baked breads, vegetables and a range of chutneys, sauces and other complementary goodies.
There is an inspiring selection of cards and gifts, supporting local independent artists and craftspeople as well as an innovative display of seasonal products, ranging from candles and tableware to picnic accessories.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good57
- Sue BLondon, United KingdomGreat way to blow away the cobwebsThursday, 27th February 2020Wild and windy weather so what better way to blow away the cobwebs than a trip to Broom House? Delicious burgers, including the aubergine and halloumi one. Cake and coffee. One table was having... Read full review
- 457lynnmDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySpoilt for choiceWednesday, 11th March 2020Popped up to the farm for lunch today, the specials board had cauliflower cheese on toast! TOTALLY AMAZING Read full review
- Philip HWhitehaven, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot just an excellent Farm Shop and cafe, more....Monday, 16th March 2020Visit Broom House Farm for the shop and cafe. Cafe serves a full range of drinks, including alcohol, but also their excellent snacks and meals. Food cooked using their own produce as well. Outside is... Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* * Closed 25,26 Dec and 1 Jan *
Map & Directions
Broom House Farm is about 5 miles west of Durham City. Follow brown tourist signs from Witton Gilbert roundabout on the A691 Durham-Consett road. It is signposted uphill about 2 miles from this point.