Broom House Farm is an organic farm situated high above the Browney River, overlooking Durham City. Free range, grass fed Aberdeen Angus beef, lamb and mutton and Saddleback pork is all reared on the farm.
Creative butchery displays in the farm shop showcase the wide range of produce, properly hung and skilfully presented by our master butchery team.
Traditional recipes and the best meat is used to make the scrummiest sausages, best burgers, bacon and amazing black pudding.
The shop stocks organic poultry and dairy produce, locally baked breads, vegetables and a range of chutneys, sauces and other complementary goodies.
There is an inspiring selection of cards and gifts, supporting local independent artists and craftspeople as well as an innovative display of seasonal products, ranging from candles and tableware to picnic accessories.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good60
- 974katybDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely food!Sunday, 20th September 2020Found this lovely little place on tripadvisor and it was a great find! We went for breakfast and we couldn’t fault the food. The staff were attentive and we had an overall great experience; we... Read full review
- Fiona-8999Alnwick, United KingdomWe loved itSaturday, 26th September 2020Heard good relieves and we were happy that we also had a great experience. The food was delicious and you can tell it is high quality and cooked on the premises. The best bacon sandwich my husband... Read full review
- boyd1952Newton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesChaoticThursday, 1st October 2020Arrived to a busy car park with new layout. We proceeded straight to cafe nobody on door so very difficult without entering to see if any tables available. On entering still no acknowledgement but we... Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* * Closed 25,26 Dec and 1 Jan *
Map & Directions
Broom House Farm is about 5 miles west of Durham City. Follow brown tourist signs from Witton Gilbert roundabout on the A691 Durham-Consett road. It is signposted uphill about 2 miles from this point.