Broom House Farm is an organic farm situated high above the Browney River, overlooking Durham City. Free range, grass fed Aberdeen Angus beef, lamb and mutton and Saddleback pork is all reared on the farm.
Creative butchery displays in the farm shop showcase the wide range of produce, properly hung and skilfully presented by our master butchery team.
Traditional recipes and the best meat is used to make the scrummiest sausages, best burgers, bacon and amazing black pudding.
The shop stocks organic poultry and dairy produce, locally baked breads, vegetables and a range of chutneys, sauces and other complementary goodies.
There is an inspiring selection of cards and gifts, supporting local independent artists and craftspeople as well as an innovative display of seasonal products, ranging from candles and tableware to picnic accessories.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good61
- DJB_8Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic placeWednesday, 3rd November 2021Had quite a few visits here and this is the first time since COVID kicked off. Food was lovely as usual. I had the Chicken and Bacon Caesar Salad. This was really nice with the added bonus of some... Read full review
- flowerlady64Durham, United KingdomLovely placeWednesday, 10th November 2021We needed chicken for the freezer so decided to visit Broom House again. We had never been to the coffee house so thought we would have lunch there. The spicy sweet potato soup was really lovely... Read full review
- boyd1952Newton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAnother great visit.Monday, 15th November 2021We arrived at 11-30 with breakfast menu still open. One Eggs Benedict & one Full breakfast. Drinks brought swiftly. A short wait till meals arrived but everything is freshly cooked. Great ingredients... Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* * Closed 25,26 Dec and 1 Jan *
Map & Directions
Broom House Farm is about 5 miles west of Durham City. Follow brown tourist signs from Witton Gilbert roundabout on the A691 Durham-Consett road. It is signposted uphill about 2 miles from this point.