Broom House Farm is an organic farm situated high above the Browney River, overlooking Durham City. Free range, grass fed Aberdeen Angus beef, lamb and mutton and Saddleback pork is all reared on the farm.
Creative butchery displays in the farm shop showcase the wide range of produce, properly hung and skilfully presented by our master butchery team.
Traditional recipes and the best meat is used to make the scrummiest sausages, best burgers, bacon and amazing black pudding.
The shop stocks organic poultry and dairy produce, locally baked breads, vegetables and a range of chutneys, sauces and other complementary goodies.
There is an inspiring selection of cards and gifts, supporting local independent artists and craftspeople as well as an innovative display of seasonal products, ranging from candles and tableware to picnic accessories.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good54
- FamilyBuckTrip Type:FamilySuperb as always!Sunday, 19th May 2019Another fabulous family breakfast. Can highly recommend the Eggs Benedict and the avocado on toast with poached eggs. The kids love the home produced sausage sandwiches and beans on homemade toast. A... Read full review
- Sue BLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday Lunch - perfect daySunday, 19th May 20193 of us had a delicious Sunday Lunch in the Cafe today. Followed by coffee and brownies sitting outside and a purchase from the Farm Shop. As corny as it sounds, at a time of angst and division... Read full review
- hjdxDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAlways fantasticTuesday, 28th May 2019We go here very regularly, usually for their fantastic breakfast, but we have often also eaten cake! The food in the coffee shop is always fantastic, and they have great attention to allergy... Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* * Closed 25,26 Dec and 1 Jan *
Map & Directions
Broom House Farm is about 5 miles west of Durham City. Follow brown tourist signs from Witton Gilbert roundabout on the A691 Durham-Consett road. It is signposted uphill about 2 miles from this point.