Broom House Farm is an organic farm situated high above the Browney River, overlooking Durham City. Free range, grass fed Aberdeen Angus beef, lamb and mutton and Saddleback pork is all reared on the farm.
Creative butchery displays in the farm shop showcase the wide range of produce, properly hung and skilfully presented by our master butchery team.
Traditional recipes and the best meat is used to make the scrummiest sausages, best burgers, bacon and amazing black pudding.
The shop stocks organic poultry and dairy produce, locally baked breads, vegetables and a range of chutneys, sauces and other complementary goodies.
There is an inspiring selection of cards and gifts, supporting local independent artists and craftspeople as well as an innovative display of seasonal products, ranging from candles and tableware to picnic accessories.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good59
- TheFoxFamily16Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely lady servingFriday, 11th September 2020Just wanted to say how lovely the lady serving this morning was (11/9/20). Her friendliness and efficiency deserves a mention. Sorry I don't know her name. Oh, and the bacon /sausage sandwiches were... Read full review
- 884belindabHartlepool, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAnnoying farm shop/cafe.Great forest adventureSaturday, 19th September 2020Got there went straight to the farm shop to order my fillet steak. Was advised that you have to order in advance as there none left. So do the day before. Was offered other meats but was annoyed that... Read full review
- 974katybDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely food!Sunday, 20th September 2020Found this lovely little place on tripadvisor and it was a great find! We went for breakfast and we couldn’t fault the food. The staff were attentive and we had an overall great experience; we... Read full review
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* * Closed 25,26 Dec and 1 Jan *
Map & Directions
Broom House Farm is about 5 miles west of Durham City. Follow brown tourist signs from Witton Gilbert roundabout on the A691 Durham-Consett road. It is signposted uphill about 2 miles from this point.