Don't miss all that the Botanic Garden has to offer, attractions that appeal to young and old alike. Wander through the Alpine Garden, Winter Garden, Bamboo Grove and our recently developed Woodland Garden and wild flower meadow. With many places to just sit and muse, view the Modern Art or watch the bees in action in their hive.
There are wonderful glass houses. Walk through the desert house to see the collection of cacti that thrive in this arid climate. Into the tropical rainforest house, see and feel what it is like to be in such environs, you can even make it rain! It contains a unique collection of plants and just beyond see some of its indigenous inhabitants, bugs, scorpions and tarantulas! There is even a rare breed of Manx Loghtan sheep that can be seen enjoying the parkland in spring.
One visit isn't enough, the views change throughout the year with vibrant poppy and cornflower displays in the summer to rich warm colours in the autumn, all this in 18 acres of parkland, just minutes from Durham city centre.
Treat yourself to something refreshing in the coffee shop and visit the gift shop to take away memories of your visit.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£4.00 per ticket type|
|Children and Students||£1.50 per ticket type|
|Concession||£3.00 per ticket type|
|Student and under 5s free||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Very Good151
- fletch08Cramlington NorthumberlandTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful flowersFriday, 10th May 2019We have visited Durham a number of times our first visit to the Botanic gardens Car parking available The food was lovely in the cafe and outside seating is brilliant lovely floral surrounds the... Read full review
- Malcolm WTrip Type:Solo travelLovely peaceful spotMonday, 13th May 2019Must come back at different seasons to see all the different colours. Enjoyed just strolling around the walkways. Plenty signs to show 'where you are'. Would have maybe liked a map to take around... Read full review
- MVDHAjaxFramwellgate Moor, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaynice nice niceSunday, 19th May 2019very vibrant and oclourful place visit it is. very nice, weather was good too so that was alaways aplus sign! Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Mar - Oct (1 Mar 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* The Garden is closed during the Christmas and New Year period.