Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre
Ever wanted to know more about Durham World Heritage Site, understand its importance, and the story behind its historic buildings?
Providing a perfect introduction to the Durham World Heritage Site for all ages, the visitor centre is the gateway to discovering what it is that makes Durham so significant, and what there is to see and do around the peninsula.
Discover what it means to be a UNESCO world heritage site; lose yourself in an interactive map of World Heritage Sites around the world, learning more about iconic sites, and discovering obscure ones.
Through film and interactives, find out what it is that really makes Durham important.
Find out about events, hidden treasures, trails and walks, tours, exhibitions, performances and more.
Linger, relax, or study here, in the courtyard of this restored 19th century almshouse. All are welcome.
Buy tickets for local events, and souvenirs and gifts.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good38
- Rob KThornton Cleveleys, United KingdomInformative and helpfulFriday, 16th August 2019Spotted this place after visiting the cathedral. Lovely lady explained what the centre had to offer and invited us to watch the informative and entertaining LEGO films about the cathedral. Also got... Read full review
- Catherine NStockport, United KingdomRepeat visitTuesday, 10th September 2019Discovered this place again and found out lots of fascinating information that I had forgotten about the history of my home town especially as I no longer live there Read full review
- mgsnorwichNorwich, United KingdomHidden gemFriday, 13th September 2019In The Bailey, in what used to be Bow Church, there is the Durham History Museum. It is excellent, tracing the development and growth of the City from its earliest settlement up to the present day... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2019 (5 Feb 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00|
* Except: 24 December and 31 Dec, open 10:00am- 14:00, Closed: 1 January, 25 December, 26 December.