Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre
Ever wanted to know more about Durham World Heritage Site, understand its importance, and the story behind its historic buildings?
Providing a perfect introduction to the Durham World Heritage Site for all ages, the visitor centre is the gateway to discovering what it is that makes Durham so significant, and what there is to see and do around the peninsula.
Discover what it means to be a UNESCO world heritage site; lose yourself in an interactive map of World Heritage Sites around the world, learning more about iconic sites, and discovering obscure ones.
Through film and interactives, find out what it is that really makes Durham important.
Find out about events, hidden treasures, trails and walks, tours, exhibitions, performances and more.
Linger, relax, or study here, in the courtyard of this restored 19th century almshouse. All are welcome.
Buy tickets for local events, and souvenirs and gifts.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good36
- JoulesSouthLakesCumbriaTrip Type:CouplesVery goodWednesday, 31st October 2018I would recommend a visit here even before you go to the cathedral, a superb film show with decent seats to rest your weary feet too! Read full review
- Chris WManchesterTrip Type:Solo travelGood introduction to DurhamTuesday, 13th November 2018The visitor centre provided a good introduction to Durham and its long history through the exhibition and film. From here you can book tours of the Castle. There is also a small gift shop. Read full review
- tartangnomeBeverley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat place to learn bout Durham CathedralFriday, 15th February 2019Lovely place to visit. Good film show about the history of the Cathedral. Staff very know and approachable. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2019 (5 Feb 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00|
* Except: 24 December and 31 Dec, open 10:00am- 14:00, Closed: 1 January, 25 December, 26 December.