Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre
Ever wanted to know more about Durham World Heritage Site, understand its importance, and the story behind its historic buildings?
Providing a perfect introduction to the Durham World Heritage Site for all ages, the visitor centre is the gateway to discovering what it is that makes Durham so significant, and what there is to see and do around the peninsula.
Discover what it means to be a UNESCO world heritage site; lose yourself in an interactive map of World Heritage Sites around the world, learning more about iconic sites, and discovering obscure ones.
Through film and interactives, find out what it is that really makes Durham important.
Find out about events, hidden treasures, trails and walks, tours, exhibitions, performances and more.
Linger, relax, or study here, in the courtyard of this restored 19th century almshouse. All are welcome.
Buy tickets for local events, and souvenirs and gifts.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- charlottelotusLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReally informativeFriday, 22nd February 2019I couldn't find this place at first (it's a small sign outside) but I wish I found it at the start of my trip. Really cool stuff inside and really friendly staff. Read full review
- Barbara MTrip Type:Friends getawayShort BreakFriday, 29th March 2019Glad we found this centre before we headed to the Cathedral. Only small put full of information. The staff were very friendly and helpful and pointed you to the places to visit. The short film... Read full review
- grannyeTaunton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGo here first!Sunday, 14th April 2019The staff in this little visitor centre were very helpful in giving plenty of information. There's a cute video by lego characters telling the history of the heritage site. I'd recommend sitting down... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2019 (5 Feb 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00|
* Except: 24 December and 31 Dec, open 10:00am- 14:00, Closed: 1 January, 25 December, 26 December.