Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre
Ever wanted to know more about Durham World Heritage Site, understand its importance, and the story behind its historic buildings?
Providing a perfect introduction to the Durham World Heritage Site for all ages, the visitor centre is the gateway to discovering what it is that makes Durham so significant, and what there is to see and do around the peninsula.
Discover what it means to be a UNESCO world heritage site; lose yourself in an interactive map of World Heritage Sites around the world, learning more about iconic sites, and discovering obscure ones.
Through film and interactives, find out what it is that really makes Durham important.
Find out about events, hidden treasures, trails and walks, tours, exhibitions, performances and more.
Linger, relax, or study here, in the courtyard of this restored 19th century almshouse. All are welcome.
Buy tickets for local events, and souvenirs and gifts.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good38
- 453barryfSheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat place to startSaturday, 8th June 2019This excellent visitor facility is a great place to visit before venturing to the Cathedral or the Castle. It puts a great deal of context to both buildings and the Lego introduction films were... Read full review
- BrucieBEssexBoyBillericay, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood information about this World Heritage siteMonday, 10th June 2019Small exhibition plus general information about the World Heritage Site. Manned desk with knowledgeable staff Read full review
- Brenda010Hawthorn,Co.DurhamTrip Type:CouplesCurrent exhibitionFriday, 19th July 2019This is a lovely free museum dedicated to Durham and have visited many times. The staff are really friendly and informative. The exhibition at the moment is by a youngster who recycles used lottery... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2019 (5 Feb 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00|
* Except: 24 December and 31 Dec, open 10:00am- 14:00, Closed: 1 January, 25 December, 26 December.