Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre
Ever wanted to know more about Durham World Heritage Site, understand its importance, and the story behind its historic buildings?
Providing a perfect introduction to the Durham World Heritage Site for all ages, the visitor centre is the gateway to discovering what it is that makes Durham so significant, and what there is to see and do around the peninsula.
Discover what it means to be a UNESCO world heritage site; lose yourself in an interactive map of World Heritage Sites around the world, learning more about iconic sites, and discovering obscure ones.
Through film and interactives, find out what it is that really makes Durham important.
Find out about events, hidden treasures, trails and walks, tours, exhibitions, performances and more.
Linger, relax, or study here, in the courtyard of this restored 19th century almshouse. All are welcome.
Buy tickets for local events, and souvenirs and gifts.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good38
- geralindUnited KingdomExcellent facility with very helpful friendly staffFriday, 25th October 2019Very interesting video presentation plus leaflets coupled with staff who were more than willing to proffer helpful advice Read full review
- Mobile35942195053Bristol, United KingdomAn excellent first point of call...Saturday, 9th November 2019The first place that we visited in Durham that put us on the forward foot to explore the city. Very friendly and helpful staff/volunteers, maps provided, neat little information centre and its worth... Read full review
- Jeanne CHarold ParkLittle to offerSunday, 10th November 2019Durham really misses the mark here with this museum. It is like going to a tiny local history museum in a little village that is trying to show off it's history with a bit of old local... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2019 (5 Feb 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00|
* Except: 24 December and 31 Dec, open 10:00am- 14:00, Closed: 1 January, 25 December, 26 December.