**The castle will re-open for regular tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout August, September and October. All tours are led by a member of the family and visit principal rooms in the medieval and Regency parts of the building on ground floor and basement levels. A tour typically lasts approximately 60-75 minutes - https://www.brancepethcastle.org.uk/castle-tours.html **
Brancepeth is one of the oldest castles in the North East. The building today is a combination of the Nevilles' medieval stronghold and the grand country house created for the wealthy Russell family in Regency times. The castle is open for tours on selected dates from April through to December.
No advance booking is necessary for individuals or small groups of up to 9 people. Please arrive at the gatehouse 10 minutes before the start of your chosen tour as we aim to start each one at the scheduled time.Tours for groups of 10 or more can be arranged for additional dates and can focus on a particular theme or interest. Refreshments can also be provided, from lunch to afternoon tea.
Currently we are requesting that masks are to be worn inside and currently numbers may be limited in order to maintain social distancing.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16 - must be accompanied by an adult)||£3.00 per person per day|
Tickets are £10, or £8 for National Trust or English Heritage members. Historic Houses members are admitted free - membership cards must be produced to get the discount.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- Stuart h hLiverpool, United KingdomBrilliant quirky castle in beautiful County Durham.Sunday, 25th July 2021We stayed at The Quartermasters apartments in Brancepeth. It is at the rear of the castle and is quiet and peaceful. The apartment is beautifully maintained with a double room and en suite single... Read full review
- Christine BDefinitely worth visitingSaturday, 4th September 2021It was such a pleasure to join a tour of Brancepeth Castle. The history is fascinating and so well told ,by a member of the family, who escorted our group. Their passion for the castle evident and... Read full review
- 396lynnCounty Durham, United KingdomBeautiful Castle, amazing history!!!Wednesday, 6th October 2021Beautiful Castle right on my doorstep and oozing with amazing history!!! It is definitely worth a visit and the tour was led by a member of the Dobson family who gave a very interesting review of... Read full review
|2021 (2 Sept 2021 - 28 Oct 2021)|
* Tours for August, September and October: there will be one tour a week, alternately on a Tuesday and a Thursday. The Tuesday tours will be at 16.30, and the Thursday tours at 10.30. Please visit https://www.brancepethcastle.org.uk/castle-tours.html for full details.