Brancepeth is one of the oldest castles in the North East. The building today is a combination of the Nevilles' medieval stronghold and the grand country house created for the wealthy Russell family in Regency times. The castle is open for tours on selected dates throughout the year.
No advance booking is necessary for individuals or small groups of up to 9 people. Please arrive at the gatehouse 10 minutes before the start of your chosen tour as we aim to start each one at the scheduled time.Tours for groups of 10 or more can be arranged for additional dates and can focus on a particular theme or interest. Refreshments can also be provided, from lunch to afternoon tea.
Currently we are requesting that masks are to be worn inside and currently numbers may be limited in order to maintain social distancing.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16 - must be accompanied by an adult)||£3.00 per ticket type|
Tickets are £10, or £8 for National Trust or English Heritage members. Historic Houses members are admitted free - membership cards must be produced to get the discount.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- oldvic22Douglas, United KingdomMagnificent Castle with a fascinating history.Friday, 22nd April 2022We had a most enjoyable tour of Brancepath Castle fortified by an excellent lunch in one of the small Drawing Rooms. The Castle has belonged to Dobson family for the past 44 years and they were very... Read full review
- Sightseer262161Augusta, GeorgiaLoved itMonday, 2nd May 2022Had a lovely time there. The surrounding are very serene, very pretty and clean. Don't expect a full polished castle, but the tour shows the experience of a family doing their best to keep the place... Read full review
- grimreaper21englandMedieval castle with later additions off the beaten tourist track and a unique holiday homeSaturday, 14th May 2022We stayed for a week in the Quartermaster's flat at the back of the castle so it was very secluded and quiet. The flat is well equipped and comfortable for two or three people. It is all on one level... Read full review
|2021/2023 (4 Nov 2022 - 31 Mar 2023)|
* November to March - tours every Thursday at 10.30am - with the exception of the week of our craft fair, and the weeks either side of Christmas and New Year.
Dates are a follows: 4, 11, 18 November; 2, 9, 16 December; 13, 20, 27 January; 3, 10, 17, 24 February; 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 March. Please visit https://www.brancepethcastle.org.uk/castle-tours.html for full details.