Tel: 0191 378 9670
Brancepeth is one of the oldest castles in the North East. The building today is a combination of the Nevilles' medieval stronghold and the grand country house created for the wealthy Russell family in Regency times. The castle is open for tours on selected dates throughout the year.
No advance booking is necessary for individuals or small groups of up to 9 people. Please arrive at the gatehouse 10 minutes before the start of your chosen tour as we aim to start each one at the scheduled time.Tours for groups of 10 or more can be arranged for additional dates and can focus on a particular theme or interest. Refreshments can also be provided, from lunch to afternoon tea.
Currently we are requesting that masks are to be worn inside and currently numbers may be limited in order to maintain social distancing.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16 - must be accompanied by an adult)||£3.00 per ticket type|
Tickets are £10, or £8 for National Trust or English Heritage members. Historic Houses members are admitted free - membership cards must be produced to get the discount.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good6
- angatheyTrip Type:FamilyMorning at the CastleThursday, 18th August 2022Visited today and took part in the tour. It’s very much a family affair. Alison took us round and was very friendly, informative and it was relaxed. It’s clear the pride the family have with the... Read full review
- johnsZ8896UNSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFascinating castleFriday, 14th October 2022Great tour around the castle earlier this year (2022), then once we knew about it we went to their Summer event - a three day long craft fair. We are going to support it again in November - highly... Read full review
- Angela FNorth Yorkshire, United KingdomBrancepeth Castle "Quartermasters", an unforgettable stay in a castle.Wednesday, 5th April 2023I booked a stay at "Quartermasters" in Brancepeth Castle as a surprise for my husband Pats birthday and our wedding anniversary and it didn't disappoint. How many people can say they have stayed at a... Read full review
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* November to March - tours every Thursday at 10.30am - with the exception of the week of our craft fair, and the weeks either side of Christmas and New Year.
Dates are a follows: 4, 11, 18 November; 2, 9, 16 December; 13, 20, 27 January; 3, 10, 17, 24 February; 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 March. Please visit https://www.brancepethcastle.org.uk/castle-tours.html for full details.