Brancepeth is one of the oldest castles in the North East. The building today is a combination of the Nevilles' medieval stronghold and the grand country house created for the wealthy Russell family in Regency times. The castle is open for tours on selected dates throughout the year.
No advance booking is necessary for individuals or small groups of up to 9 people. Please arrive at the gatehouse 10 minutes before the start of your chosen tour as we aim to start each one at the scheduled time.Tours for groups of 10 or more can be arranged for additional dates and can focus on a particular theme or interest. Refreshments can also be provided, from lunch to afternoon tea.
Currently we are requesting that masks are to be worn inside and currently numbers may be limited in order to maintain social distancing.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16 - must be accompanied by an adult)||£3.00 per ticket type|
Tickets are £10, or £8 for National Trust or English Heritage members. Historic Houses members are admitted free - membership cards must be produced to get the discount.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good6
- Angela FNorth Yorkshire, United KingdomBrancepeth Castle "Quartermasters", an unforgettable stay in a castle.Wednesday, 5th April 2023I booked a stay at "Quartermasters" in Brancepeth Castle as a surprise for my husband Pats birthday and our wedding anniversary and it didn't disappoint. How many people can say they have stayed at a... Read full review
- Rovers09PrestonTrip Type:CouplesHistory brought to lifeSunday, 2nd July 2023We were surprised to find such a large castle when we had expected to find a much smaller fortified house. The history of the place is fascinating and the guided tour has to be one of the best I've... Read full review
- R6243UXtonyt1000 years of history in the rawWednesday, 4th October 2023Whilst on holiday locally, I booked a tour of the castle knowing nothing about it or its history. I can only say that I was absolutely blown away! This is completely different to visits to most... Read full review
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
* Tours available, please visit the Brancepeth Castle website for more details.