Set in the heart of County Durham, The Retreat at Redworth Hall Hotel has undergone an incredible refurbishment programme, designed to significantly enhance its facilities and promote an aura of relaxation.
Our new look Beauty Rooms and Fitness Studio offers state-of-the-art facilities and a revitalised menu of treatments and spa days that are designed to immerse you in a world of tranquility, relaxation and wellness.
Heated Indoor Swimming Pool with sauna, jacuzzi & steam room
Whether you're joining us on a spa break or as an active gym member, make sure to take some timeout in our 15 metre heated indoor swimming pool. Join us for an Aqua based class, swim some lengths or relax poolside before taking a dip in the jacuzzi to round off your experience.
Seven Treatment Rooms including two dual treatment rooms
Aptly named after our favourite relaxation remedies and herbs, our treatments rooms are kitted out with comfortable beds, ambient lighting and softening background music of your choice. Two of our brand new rooms include dual treatment beds, perfect for couples, and one features a rainfall shower to round off your chosen treatment.
Tranquility Room with thermal relaxation beds
Once you've embarked on the journey of relaxation with your chosen treatment, make the most of 45 minutes in our state-of-the-art Tranquility Room with thermal relaxation beds. Unwind as you escape your everyday with ambient lighting and atmospheric music.
Newly Refurbished Gym with Technogym Equipment
Kitted out with state-of-the-art Technogym Equipment, our brand new gym space at The Retreat is light & airy, with a mix of machine weights, free weights and your favourite cardio machines. The decor is modern and inviting, with the aim to motivate you through your fitness journey. If you're looking to fit in a workout during your spa visit, you're more than welcome!
Motivating Fitness Studio featuring Fitness on Demand
Free to use for gym members and spa guests alike, our fitness studio features wall to wall mirrors and motivational decor. Join in one of our instructor led classes or choose from our fitness on demand schedule to make the most of your workout. Perfect for getting fit with friends or learning the ropes in your new fitness routine.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good97
- lynnek652Trip Type:FamilyDon’t take money or valuablesSaturday, 28th May 2022I went to the spa for a mother and daughter day. The staff were helpful and friendly, the spa was clean and the treatment was enjoyed. What ruined the day was we were given a locker and, although it... Read full review
- amandanN6952GVBerwick upon Tweed, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent staff, food let's it downSunday, 29th May 2022Firstly the staff. All were friendly helpful polite, saddened me to see some guests treat the young waitresses with such rudeness. We had a delux double with a super shower, which didn't actually... Read full review
- S7950Trip Type:Friends getawayDisappointing and dirtyMonday, 6th June 2022Myself and my 3 friends booked a spa day package yesterday for a 30th birthday gift. We had been looking forward to a rare day out together and for some, a first time experiencing a spa day. We... Read full review
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- In countryside
|Open New Year|
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
Map & Directions
HOW TO FIND US From Junction 58 of the A1(M) take the A68 towards Corbridge. At the first roundabout take the second exit onto the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. At the second roundabout take the second exit. The hotel is located approximately 200 yards on the left.
NEAREST AIRPORT Durham Tees Valley - 8 miles Newcastle - 44.6 miles
NEAREST TRAIN STATION Darlington - 8.5 miles
NEAREST BUS STOP Walking distance from main entrance (via Arriva bus service)
PARKING We have 300 car parking spaces available free of charge