A beautiful country hotel the 4 star Redworth Hall Hotel is perfectly located for holidays and short breaks to Durham and Darlington. This Jacobean Manor House hotel which dates back to 1693 is situated just off the A1(M) only 8 miles from Darlington and 20 miles from Durham City. Sitting in 26 acres of stunning woodland Redworth Hall Hotel is ideal for a relaxing country break, and offers a superb location for exploring Durham city and the surrounding area.
This hotel boasts 143 bedrooms including 34 contemporary Deluxe Spa rooms featuring spa baths and multi-jet showers. Dating back to 1693, the Jacobean styled Redworth Hall has an interesting history being home to various members of the Crosier and Surtees families until 1950. The hall retains many of its original features, namely the magnificent galleried Baronial Great Hall and ornate spiral stone staircase. Dine in Restaurant 1744 or relax in the bar with the drink.
To complete your luxury stay at Redworth Hall Hotel, let us pamper you in the hotel’s Beauty Rooms which offer a wide range of spa and beauty treatments, the hotel also has its own Hair Salon for a complete pampering experience. Open to hotel guests and local members alike, the Health Club at Redworth Hall Hotel offers a range of facilities including an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, fully equipped gym, fitness studio for classes and outdoor tennis courts.
The children can wear themselves out in the indoor soft play area.
Redworth Hall Hotel is ideally located to use as base to explore Durham, Darlington or even Newcastle. Visit beautiful Durham city and see the 900 year old Cathedral and Durham Castle, or explore the great outdoors in the Durham Dales. Nearby you’ll also find Raby Castle and The Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle. For a day at the races Sedgefield and Catterick Bridge Racecourses are within 18 miles of the hotel.
Venture a little further and you can spend a day out at Beamish Open Air Museum which is great for all the family, or visit the cosmopolitan city of Newcastle.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double - Deluxe Spa||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double Standard||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Standard||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Deluxe (origional house)||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin Standard||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1071
- rich cGravesend, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyThe only place i would go out of my way to stay inMonday, 11th December 2017we only booked here as we had our dog traveling with us. first impressions were "wow" as we drove up to the main entrance.stunning building and well kept gardens. staff couldn't have been more... Read full review
- jbulmer2017Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayChristmas PartyMonday, 11th December 2017Fantastic location and amazing hotel, this is the 3rd year we have held our Christmas Party here and will definately be back next year. The food was fantastic and staff we very pleasant and... Read full review
- peach0632Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFantastic experienceSunday, 10th December 2017Have stayed at this hotel on several occasions ,and on every occasion have always enjoyed a First class experience. Staff always welcoming ,friendly and professional. Within our overnight stay I... Read full review
- WiFi Available - Complimentary WiFi
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS HEARING
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 300 Complimentary Car Parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted - £15 dog supplement
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
|2016 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 58, A1(M), take the A68 towards Corbridge. At the 1st roundabout take the second exit onto the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. At the 2nd roundabout take the 2nd exit following the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. the hotel is located on the left hand side. Free parking is available for up to 300 cars.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 8 miles
Follow signs to Bishop Auckland. Then from A68 follow road directions.