A beautiful country hotel the 4 star Redworth Hall Hotel is perfectly located for holidays and short breaks to Durham and Darlington. This Jacobean Manor House hotel which dates back to 1693 is situated just off the A1(M) only 8 miles from Darlington and 20 miles from Durham City. Sitting in 26 acres of stunning woodland Redworth Hall Hotel is ideal for a relaxing country break, and offers a superb location for exploring Durham city and the surrounding area.
This hotel boasts 143 bedrooms including 34 contemporary Deluxe Spa rooms featuring spa baths and multi-jet showers. Dating back to 1693, the Jacobean styled Redworth Hall has an interesting history being home to various members of the Crosier and Surtees families until 1950. The hall retains many of its original features, namely the magnificent galleried Baronial Great Hall and ornate spiral stone staircase. Dine in Restaurant 1744 or relax in the bar with the drink.
To complete your luxury stay at Redworth Hall Hotel, let us pamper you in the hotel’s Beauty Rooms which offer a wide range of spa and beauty treatments, the hotel also has its own Hair Salon for a complete pampering experience. Open to hotel guests and local members alike, the Health Club at Redworth Hall Hotel offers a range of facilities including an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, recently refurbished gym, fitness studio for classes and outdoor tennis courts.
Redworth Hall Hotel is ideally located to use as base to explore Durham, Darlington or even Newcastle. Visit beautiful Durham city and see the 900 year old Cathedral and Durham Castle, or explore the great outdoors in the Durham Dales. Nearby you’ll also find Raby Castle and The Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle. For a day at the races Sedgefield and Catterick Bridge Racecourses are within 18 miles of the hotel.
Venture a little further and you can spend a day out at Beamish Open Air Museum which is great for all the family, or visit the cosmopolitan city of Newcastle.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 6th Aug 2021
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 7th Aug 2021
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe House Room||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Spa Room||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family Room||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Room||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Room||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Spa Room||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1559
- DjjazzygozMutton dressed as lamb - tired with superficial slapSunday, 1st August 2021Booked a family room - spacious but very tired decor - bathroom with mould and window blinds missing blinds, so no light block. Decor is shabby: Looks like a tired premier or travel lodge stag/hen... Read full review
- sfstheduchessTrip Type:Friends getawayPleasant stay. Beautiful building but rooms average. Nice breakfast.Monday, 2nd August 2021Nice place. Clean and good facilities. Needs a little TLC in places. Frayed carpets and curtains. Rooms very warm and windows didn’t open wide enough. Reception staff weren’t overly cheerful. But... Read full review
- Fiona RBexhill-on-Sea, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood in parts!Monday, 2nd August 2021At the outset I'd like to praise the staff who were efficient, polite and friendly at all times. However the room was disappointing being very dark and gloomy as it overlooked tall trees and... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 300 Complimentary Car Parking
- Pets accepted - £15 dog supplement
- WiFi Available - Complimentary WiFi
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 58, A1(M), take the A68 towards Corbridge. At the 1st roundabout take the second exit onto the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. At the 2nd roundabout take the 2nd exit following the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. the hotel is located on the left hand side. Free parking is available for up to 300 cars.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 8 miles Follow signs to Bishop Auckland. Then from A68 follow road directions and signs to Redworth Hall Hotel.