A beautiful country hotel the 4 star Redworth Hall Hotel is perfectly located for holidays and short breaks to Durham and Darlington. This Jacobean Manor House hotel which dates back to 1693 is situated just off the A1(M) only 8 miles from Darlington and 20 miles from Durham City. Sitting in 26 acres of stunning woodland Redworth Hall Hotel is ideal for a relaxing country break, and offers a superb location for exploring Durham city and the surrounding area.
This hotel boasts 143 bedrooms including 34 contemporary Deluxe Spa rooms featuring spa baths and multi-jet showers. Dating back to 1693, the Jacobean styled Redworth Hall has an interesting history being home to various members of the Crosier and Surtees families until 1950. The hall retains many of its original features, namely the magnificent galleried Baronial Great Hall and ornate spiral stone staircase. Dine in Restaurant 1744 or relax in the bar with the drink.
To complete your luxury stay at Redworth Hall Hotel, let us pamper you in the hotel’s Beauty Rooms which offer a wide range of spa and beauty treatments, the hotel also has its own Hair Salon for a complete pampering experience. Open to hotel guests and local members alike, the Health Club at Redworth Hall Hotel offers a range of facilities including an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, recently refurbished gym, fitness studio for classes and outdoor tennis courts.
Redworth Hall Hotel is ideally located to use as base to explore Durham, Darlington or even Newcastle. Visit beautiful Durham city and see the 900 year old Cathedral and Durham Castle, or explore the great outdoors in the Durham Dales. Nearby you’ll also find Raby Castle and The Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle. For a day at the races Sedgefield and Catterick Bridge Racecourses are within 18 miles of the hotel.
Venture a little further and you can spend a day out at Beamish Open Air Museum which is great for all the family, or visit the cosmopolitan city of Newcastle.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 16th Sept 2019
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 17th Sept 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe House Room||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Spa Room||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family Room||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Room||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Room||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Spa Room||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1366
- Mandy_ReenCowes, United Kingdom2 Sides to the HotelWednesday, 11th September 2019There are definitely 2 sides to this hotel, first impressions are very good, the original building is stunning and the reception area is gorgeous, the reception staff are also lovely and we received... Read full review
- Naomi CTrip Type:FamilyLovely One Night's StayThursday, 12th September 2019Stayed for one night as doing the Great North Run the next day. Had a family room, which was well laid out and actually two rooms in one. Free wifi and the swimming pool kept the kids happy, comfy... Read full review
- CraigsboothTrip Type:CouplesNice spa and room. Terrible food and serviceFriday, 13th September 2019The spa and the massages were great and the room was lovely. Not designed very well though. 2 big mirrors in the corridor of the room and a hardwired hair dryer in a desk with no mirror so my wife... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 300 Complimentary Car Parking
- Pets accepted - £15 dog supplement
- WiFi Available - Complimentary WiFi
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 58, A1(M), take the A68 towards Corbridge. At the 1st roundabout take the second exit onto the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. At the 2nd roundabout take the 2nd exit following the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. the hotel is located on the left hand side. Free parking is available for up to 300 cars.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 8 miles Follow signs to Bishop Auckland. Then from A68 follow road directions and signs to Redworth Hall Hotel.