This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good125
- Janice CPaphos, Paphos, CyprusTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely country parkThursday, 17th January 2019This is my home village and whenever back I enjoy a walk round the park with my grand children. The nature trails are well planned Read full review
- NKC1969Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely walk & great cafe!Saturday, 19th January 2019We visit this fantastic local park regularly. We usually park our car in Sedgefield & then walk on the public footpaths to the Park as we have a dog. We then enjoy a stroll round the park grounds... Read full review
- newcastle1960Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat walkingSunday, 20th January 2019We had a couple of great walks, the lake and river are abundant with swans, ducks and birds. Well worth a visit Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.