This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2009
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good139
- stephenwM5183DFNewton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPleasant walkTuesday, 17th September 2019We visited here on a nice day. I'm disabled and use a buggy. The walk around the lake was really pleasant and was wheelchair accessible so didn't miss out on anything. The tea room was also good... Read full review
- Andrew RDurham, United KingdomBeautiful walks with plenty of wildlife.Sunday, 6th October 2019It had been a while since we last visited the park but as we were passing we decided to have a look. We parked up (We both thought the parking was free as there was nothing to indicate otherwise so... Read full review
- PieterB63Desford, United KingdomLovely morning walkTuesday, 8th October 2019I took a walk around the park while staying at Hardwick Hall. The grounds are very well kept and have a number of interesting buildings bridges and a lovely lake. A great way to spend an hour or two... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.