You can drive to our parks, beaches and open spaces and meet up with one person from outside your household as long as you respect social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from anyone outside of your household. Our café and visitor centre at Hardwick Park are closed until further notice.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good142
- Richard9102A Complete Hash UpTuesday, 21st January 2020Hardwick Park has changed enormously over the past ten years, and I regret to say, changed very much for the worst due mainly I feel through the lack of competent park management. Since allowing an... Read full review
- cjmorpethMorpeth, United KingdomA pleasing first visitSunday, 2nd February 2020Not being from immediate vicinity ,a friend eecommended this venue for a chilled afternoon and it was an enjoyable experience. There are several noticeboards with maps of the park ,in addition to... Read full review
- T7072ZZpaulsGreat place for a Country Walk around the Lakes viewing the WildlifeMonday, 17th February 2020Brilliant place for a walk around the lakes with family, friends or you dog. Reasonable Parking charge and a Cafe as well. Plenty of Bird Life to interact with. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.