You can drive to our parks, beaches and open spaces and meet up with one person from outside your household as long as you respect social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from anyone outside of your household. Our café and visitor centre at Hardwick Park are closed until further notice.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good142
- KL_CaleyDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat little place and very easy to drive to.Thursday, 18th June 2020I visited today with my husband, my one year old and our dog and I must say I was very impressed. The scenery is just stunning with lots of beautiful things to find. Plenty of bins located... Read full review
- Bada-Bing22South Shields, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBeautifulTuesday, 21st July 2020Only one criticism, there are far more disabled bays than required. No baby bays. Makes it very difficult for those with baby seats etc. When we visited we only saw one wheelchair, whereas everyone... Read full review
- ZD92Middlesbrough, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely place for a family walkWednesday, 22nd July 2020My sisters and I visited Hardwick Park with young children for some fresh air after lockdown eased. It was nice to get out and explore the park. There’s so many little areas the kids enjoy and a few... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.