You can drive to our parks, beaches and open spaces and meet up with one person from outside your household as long as you respect social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from anyone outside of your household. Our café and visitor centre at Hardwick Park are closed until further notice.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good147
- Stuart CDuffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCoffee and cake despite lockdownMonday, 16th November 2020Was in the adjacent hotel through work and walked around here most days for some R&R as everything else was shut. Lovely park with various follies and curios dotted around a large lake. Cafe served... Read full review
- MissAmyLouiseLambNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMore than a parkSaturday, 21st November 2020Hardwick Park is more than just a park. There are a few lakes with lots of birds for the kids to feed, there are monuments and buildings. It is a beautiful place to walk around for any age. We payed... Read full review
- linzi2572Peterlee, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyParking fine!Sunday, 22nd November 2020Lovely park, which we visit often. On this occasion, we visited today and had to park in the overflow. There was a sign taped over the parking payment machine, which would not allow payment. Returned... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.