This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good121
- sandrac58Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA walk in the parkSunday, 2nd September 2018we visited the park on a Sunday. easily signposted from the main road. plenty of car parking at a cost of £3 per day. well maintained. visit the shop and buy food for the birds at 50p a bag. what a... Read full review
- Toni LTrip Type:FamilyLove This ParkFriday, 31st August 2018We visit from out of town quite regularly and love it! I have been coming here since being a child and now I bring my own daughter. Cafe and toilets at the visitors Center. Swings are fenced in and... Read full review
- Leah HTrip Type:FamilyGreat family park 👍🏻😊Monday, 27th August 2018Lots of lovely grounds to walk in and feed the ducks on the large pond, find gruffalo in this forest. Also has shop , toilets and two decent size play areas. The only reason I didn’t give five stars... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.