This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Pay and display charges apply at all times:
Cars - up to two hours £2.00/full day £3.00
Coaches and minibuses - all day £9.00
Motorcycles - free
Blue badge holders - charges as above
12 Month Parking Permit - £90.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2021
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good149
- Will ETrip Type:CouplesHardwick RocksMonday, 21st August 2023Astonishing beauty combined with excellent welcoming facilities Have joined up for a years parking This visit was during Music festival at 830am and still the park was spotless as nature intended... Read full review
- Alison DTrip Type:FamilyOk visitThursday, 31st August 2023Enjoyable visit to the park itself. As we were in a party including a disabled person with a valid blue badge, it was sad to see they charge for disabled parking. A fellow disabled driver had fallen... Read full review
- WheelsagogoGem of a placeTuesday, 17th October 2023Hardwick country park is a gem. We moved from Norfolk a year ago and this park is our favourite place to visit. We usually visit twice a week. All the wildlife so close up is wonderful and really... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
* Park gates: 7.30am to 5.00pm
Toilets: 10.00am to 4.30pm
Café: 09.30am to 4.00pm
Gift shop: 11.00am to 4.30pm (weekends and school holidays only)
Exhibition area: closed
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.