This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2009
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good140
- PolarsMamaHoughton-le-Spring, United KingdomFirst visit with Polar (Dog)Wednesday, 30th October 2019We parked at the top of the main car park, near the yurt, as it was our first time and didn't know where the enclosed dog area was, but had hear it mentioned on tripadvisor and thought it was worth a... Read full review
- 6Cash2603Edinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelGreat park for the dogs!Tuesday, 12th November 2019Amazing place for a walk with the dogs. Ample free running space and loads to explore. Good selection of fields, well kept grassed areas and woods. We arrived around 8am and had an hour of off-lead... Read full review
- Shirley Jgreat for wanderingMonday, 25th November 2019lovely place for walking with children, buggies, dogs etc. relaxed atmosphere, well cared for, pleasant gardens and grounds. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.