This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
To reduce the risk of catching or spreading coronavirus, please continue to practice social distancing when meeting with others outside of your household or support bubble and wear a face covering in our indoor spaces.
Our exhibition area remains closed. Toilets are open daily from 10.00am to 4.00pm and are cleaned regularly.
The café will offer a takeaway service of light lunches, snacks and drinks between 10.00am and 3.30pm daily (times may vary). Our gift shop is open from 11.00am to 4.00pm (weekends and school holidays only).
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good147
- MissAmyLouiseLambNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMore than a parkSaturday, 21st November 2020Hardwick Park is more than just a park. There are a few lakes with lots of birds for the kids to feed, there are monuments and buildings. It is a beautiful place to walk around for any age. We payed... Read full review
- linzi2572Peterlee, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyParking fine!Sunday, 22nd November 2020Lovely park, which we visit often. On this occasion, we visited today and had to park in the overflow. There was a sign taped over the parking payment machine, which would not allow payment. Returned... Read full review
- P9055SSsheilagCar keysSunday, 6th June 2021Many thanks to the kind and generous person who handed my car keys in today - much relieved and very grateful to all ..... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|2021 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:30||- 17:00|
* Please note, park gates close at 5pm.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.