This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good131
- DanTheGreat123Stockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesParking ChargeFriday, 14th June 2019Only negative is paying for parking. Park itself is pretty big with good walks up to the folly (?) and then down to the lake / pond and into the wooded area. Fair bit of wildlife, swans, ducks etc... Read full review
- 340claireyDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHardwickSaturday, 15th June 2019Been here many times not so much now you have to pay for parking. Park is well maintained however for people with dogs there is a distinct lack of dog bins. Used to be 2 parks but the other park now... Read full review
- mummybaby05Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyVery goodSaturday, 15th June 2019A nice park to walk around. Nice to see the statues and hidden stuff about the Gruffalo when walking around. Ducks, geese and swans but don’t feed them bread as it’s bad for them and if caught it... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.