You can drive to our parks, beaches and open spaces and meet up with one person from outside your household as long as you respect social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from anyone outside of your household. Our café and visitor centre at Hardwick Park are closed until further notice.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good143
- james11554Trip Type:CouplesAlways clean and brightSunday, 23rd August 2020Hardwick park is great for a stroll always clean and just stunning, never a bad experince when i come. Read full review
- tazwhiteWorthing SussexTrip Type:CouplesNever againTuesday, 8th September 2020Nice site with good facilities but please inform customers just how noisy this site is on a Sunday. If I wanted to listen to screeching tyres and engines revving I would have booked a pitch on a... Read full review
- 315blossomTrip Type:CouplesNice walkThursday, 10th September 2020Visited here a couple of times and always had a lovely walk around the grounds and lake. It is free to enter but the parking is £2 for up to 4 hours (plenty time) and £3 all day. There is lots of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.