We are encouraging and recommending members of the public to continue to wear face coverings, unless exempt, in all of our buildings and venues, to protect each other and staff. Helping to reduce the spread of coronavirus, this will enable us to maintain the provision of services for those who need them most.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
To reduce the risk of catching or spreading coronavirus, please continue to practice social distancing when meeting with others outside of your household or support bubble and wear a face covering in our indoor spaces.
Our exhibition area remains closed. Toilets are open daily from 10.00am to 4.00pm and are cleaned regularly.
The café will offer a takeaway service of light lunches, snacks and drinks between 10.00am and 3.30pm daily (times may vary). Our gift shop is open from 11.00am to 4.00pm (weekends and school holidays only).
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good147
- eastwesthomeisbest21Lovely place, parking should be cheaperWednesday, 28th July 2021Lovely place for a walk or a picnic, parking should only be maybe a £ per car for whatever duration, most people only there an hour to walk the dog. Read full review
- Pep851Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyParking Fine RacketWednesday, 18th August 2021Visited this morning for the very first time. Entered car parking area, not one pay and display sign was visible therefore believed it was free parking. Only on exit via the Cafe area 3 hours later... Read full review
- las123singing2016Whitley Bay, United KingdomWalk in the ParkFriday, 17th September 2021The beautiful September weather made our walk around the lake so enjoyable. It was so peaceful, with only the sound of the Canada geese disturbing the silence. A little piece of heaven, away from... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|2021 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:30||- 17:00|
* Please note, park gates close at 5pm.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.