We are encouraging and recommending members of the public to continue to wear face coverings, unless exempt, in all of our buildings and venues, to protect each other and staff. Helping to reduce the spread of coronavirus, this will enable us to maintain the provision of services for those who need them most.
This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
To reduce the risk of catching or spreading coronavirus, please continue to practice social distancing when meeting with others outside of your household or support bubble and wear a face covering in our indoor spaces.
Our exhibition area remains closed. Toilets are open daily from 10.00am to 4.00pm and are cleaned regularly.
The café will offer a takeaway service of light lunches, snacks and drinks between 10.00am and 3.30pm daily (times may vary). Our gift shop is open from 11.00am to 4.00pm (weekends and school holidays only).
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good147
- las123singing2016Whitley Bay, United KingdomWalk in the ParkFriday, 17th September 2021The beautiful September weather made our walk around the lake so enjoyable. It was so peaceful, with only the sound of the Canada geese disturbing the silence. A little piece of heaven, away from... Read full review
- C2074UYsusanbTrip Type:Solo travelTranquil Gardens, beautifully tended SueFriday, 8th October 2021Tranquil Park, beautifully tended. A great place to just be at one with nature. Lovely paths, picturesque lakes. Read full review
- PTW7Trip Type:CouplesReally niceMonday, 10th January 2022Beautiful park. Really lovely walk around the lake. Nice little cafe, very busy though. Be careful of the swans, they’ve not shy! Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|2022 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:30||- 17:00|
* Please note, park gates close at 5pm.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.