This VisitEngland accredited attraction is an 18th Century parkland featuring beautiful views, rich heritage, archaeological remains and ecological diversity - a remarkable place to visit. The park is open daily with events held throughout the year. Come and see the swans, walk your dog, have a picnic, visit our children's play area or relax with a coffee.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2009
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good136
- boleynmagpieNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomLOVELY WALK GOOD FACILITIESWednesday, 7th August 2019Visited for the first time with my two young grand children ,was concerned as to condition after recent rains ,however all main paths are tarmac ,although you can.venture into woods if you can keep... Read full review
- Ade MStockton-on-Tees, United KingdomLovelyWednesday, 7th August 2019This is a lovely place to go for the day,have a picnic,have fun with the family.Not too far in distance.Well looked after grounds,relaxing Read full review
- 793dennishThornaby on Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGem of a placeSaturday, 24th August 2019Lovely place to visit, particularly with family. Plenty of walks with lovely features - water, follies, varied paths. Plenty of seating dotted here n there. Lots of picnic places. Just such a lovely... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.