The Prince Bishop River Cruiser offers cruises with spectacular views of historic Durham City, Cathedral, Castle and Bridges and evening cruises with a difference twelve months of the year.
One hour cruises offering the best views of the Cathedral, Castle and Bridges. The Prince Bishop river cruiser is fully heated with a 150 passenger capacity, twin decks, open viewing deck, bar, toilets, and telephone.
The Prince Bishop River Cruiser was built in 1989 in Hartlepool and shipped by road, then dropped over The New Elvet Bridge into the River Wear. Since then the Prince Bishop has hosted many events, both public and private and catered for hundreds of people over the years including weddings, hen nights and birthday parties.
If you have an event that requires a different venue from the norm, contact us at the Prince Bishop River Cruiser for a bespoke party night to remember
If you need further information on the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please call Durham Visitor Contact Centre on 03000 262626.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - River Cruiser||£8.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Rowing Boat||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child - River Cruiser||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Rowing Boat||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Family - Rowing Boat - 2 Adults & 2 Children||£20.00 per ticket type|
|Senior Citizen - River Cruise||£8.00 per ticket type|
For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.
Rowing boats require a deposit of £10
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good42
- monicalF931QDDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely and calm tourSunday, 16th September 2018We had a lovely time. Listening interesting facts about Durham history, lovely views, time to take photographs, to chat and to enjoy the sunshine as well as the rain while in the boat. Read full review
- liz eLancaster, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesInteresting commentaryThursday, 13th September 2018The ‘Skipper’ gave a good commentary of what was available to been seen. The weather was awful, but the trip still happened. The river flows in a deep valley, therefore there doesn’t seem to be too... Read full review
- gillian gTrip Type:FamilyBishops river cruiseWednesday, 29th August 2018Lovely day to spend with family. I got tickets through Groupon, 2 for the price of 1 for an hours cruise on the boat with my daughter. I wouldn't say it is worth paying £8 directly on the boat . Read full review
|Season (1 Apr 2018 - 31 Oct 2018)|
* For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser and Santa Specials please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.