The Prince Bishop River Cruiser offers cruises with spectacular views of historic Durham City, Cathedral, Castle and Bridges and evening cruises with a difference twelve months of the year.
One hour cruises offering the best views of the Cathedral, Castle and Bridges. The Prince Bishop river cruiser is fully heated with a 150 passenger capacity, twin decks, open viewing deck, bar, toilets, and telephone.
The Prince Bishop River Cruiser was built in 1989 in Hartlepool and shipped by road, then dropped over The New Elvet Bridge into the River Wear. Since then the Prince Bishop has hosted many events, both public and private and catered for hundreds of people over the years including weddings, hen nights and birthday parties.
If you have an event that requires a different venue from the norm, contact us at the Prince Bishop River Cruiser for a bespoke party night to remember
If you need further information on the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please call Durham Visitor Contact Centre on 03000 262626.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - River Cruiser||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Rowing Boat||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child - River Cruiser||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Rowing Boat||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Senior Citizen - River Cruise||£8.00 per ticket type|
Children under 4 years of age go free.
For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.
Rowing boats require a deposit of £10
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good48
- Karen Jwest midlands u.k.so relaxingMonday, 2nd September 2019a lovely hour with a knowledgeable captain, and a very friendly fella serving us drinks, a most relaxing trip Read full review
- whoopdedoop1590Houghton-le-Spring, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getaway50th birthday celebrationsThursday, 5th September 2019I had my 50th birthday party on the boat last week! Wow what an experience! To be sat on the river wear sun shining overlooking the cathedral whilst we ate the most fantastic bbq foods!! I can’t... Read full review
- SunnyMickDurham, United KingdomVery good!Thursday, 12th September 2019Excellent cruise along the river with drinks available and a captain who really knows the history of Durham. Great value boat trip! Read full review
|2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
* For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser and Santa Specials please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.