The Prince Bishop River Cruiser offers cruises with spectacular views of historic Durham City, Cathedral, Castle and Bridges and evening cruises with a difference twelve months of the year.
One hour cruises offering the best views of the Cathedral, Castle and Bridges. The Prince Bishop river cruiser is fully heated with a 150 passenger capacity, twin decks, open viewing deck, bar, toilets, and telephone.
The Prince Bishop River Cruiser was built in 1989 in Hartlepool and shipped by road, then dropped over The New Elvet Bridge into the River Wear. Since then the Prince Bishop has hosted many events, both public and private and catered for hundreds of people over the years including weddings, hen nights and birthday parties.
If you have an event that requires a different venue from the norm, contact us at the Prince Bishop River Cruiser for a bespoke party night to remember
If you need further information on the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please call Durham Visitor Contact Centre on 03000 262626.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - River Cruiser||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Rowing Boat||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child - River Cruiser||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Rowing Boat||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Senior Citizen - River Cruise||£8.00 per ticket type|
Children under 4 years of age go free.
For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.
Rowing boats require a deposit of £10
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good45
- BibcayWowTuesday, 22nd January 2019This is an amazing city cruise. The views are absolutely brilliant. The best bit about it is that we saw an otter. Read full review
- N2Old2Trip Type:Friends getawayBooking not honoured. Badly let down.Saturday, 13th July 2019We, friends who had travelled down from Edinburgh to honour an afternoon of pre-arranged appointments in Durham, one of which was the Prince Bishop River Cruise booked for 12:30pm., a booking taken... Read full review
- AlektoEdinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA disappointmentSaturday, 13th July 2019Well in advance, our group booked a river cruise but when we arrived yesterday at the appointed time, the boat was there but there was no one about. The lady in the little office knew nothing about... Read full review
|2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
* For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser and Santa Specials please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.