The Prince Bishop River Cruiser offers cruises with spectacular views of historic Durham City, Cathedral, Castle and Bridges and evening cruises with a difference twelve months of the year.
One hour cruises offering the best views of the Cathedral, Castle and Bridges. The Prince Bishop river cruiser is fully heated with a 150 passenger capacity, twin decks, open viewing deck, bar, toilets, and telephone.
The Prince Bishop River Cruiser was built in 1989 in Hartlepool and shipped by road, then dropped over The New Elvet Bridge into the River Wear. Since then the Prince Bishop has hosted many events, both public and private and catered for hundreds of people over the years including weddings, hen nights and birthday parties.
If you have an event that requires a different venue from the norm, contact us at the Prince Bishop River Cruiser for a bespoke party night to remember
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - River Cruiser||£8.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Rowing Boat||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child - River Cruiser||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Rowing Boat||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Family - Rowing Boat - 2 Adults & 2 Children||£20.00 per ticket type|
|Senior Citizen - River Cruise||£8.00 per ticket type|
For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.
Rowing boats require a deposit of £10
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- RubytuescmSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesInformative, peaceful and relaxing river cruiseMonday, 16th July 2018We travelled on the 2pm cruise. The on board live commentary was excellent, although a little difficult to hear at times as a result of chatter from a few inconsiderate other passengers. The boat... Read full review
- David WDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyVery RelaxingThursday, 12th July 2018If you want to find some piece in the city, this is for you. The commentary is fantastic and the cruise is well priced. It is so peaceful riding up the river and there is so much vegetation that you... Read full review
- PompeyMattNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRelaxing CruiseWednesday, 4th July 2018Managed to get a Groupon deal at half price, this made it very reasonable indeed. The commentary was interesting with a little humour and we sat on the top deck with good views of all the sights from... Read full review
|Season (1 Apr 2018 - 31 Oct 2018)|
* For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser and Santa Specials please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.