The Prince Bishop River Cruiser offers cruises with spectacular views of historic Durham City, Cathedral, Castle and Bridges and evening cruises with a difference twelve months of the year.
One hour cruises offering the best views of the Cathedral, Castle and Bridges. The Prince Bishop river cruiser is fully heated with a 150 passenger capacity, twin decks, open viewing deck, bar, toilets, and telephone.
The Prince Bishop River Cruiser was built in 1989 in Hartlepool and shipped by road, then dropped over The New Elvet Bridge into the River Wear. Since then the Prince Bishop has hosted many events, both public and private and catered for hundreds of people over the years including weddings, hen nights and birthday parties.
If you have an event that requires a different venue from the norm, contact us at the Prince Bishop River Cruiser for a bespoke party night to remember
If you need further information on the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please call Durham Visitor Contact Centre on 03000 262626.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - River Cruiser||£8.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Rowing Boat||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child - River Cruiser||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Rowing Boat||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Family - Rowing Boat - 2 Adults & 2 Children||£20.00 per ticket type|
|Senior Citizen - River Cruise||£8.00 per ticket type|
For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.
Rowing boats require a deposit of £10
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good45
- Brian BMelrose, United KingdomLast day of October ChillySaturday, 3rd November 2018My wife and I enjoyed the boat trip, the commentary was informative and humorous. Despite there being a chilly wind we were able to shelter in the upstairs lounge and still see all the surrounding... Read full review
- Gary SJust cruising down the river!Tuesday, 6th November 2018It is not an overly long journey, but, hits the highlights of the river as it is near the city. A good orientation and possibly fodder for a starting point of personal explorations! Read full review
- SaraBourqueTowanda, IllinoisTrip Type:Solo travelWorth a TripWednesday, 14th November 2018The cruise was pleasant on the river on a lovely day. I think I expected it to be a bit longer with a closer view of the cathedral, but overall I had a good time. I would advise you to sit close to... Read full review
|Season (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
* For sailing times for the Prince Bishop River Cruiser and Santa Specials please ring our 24 hour sailing information service on 0191 386 9525.