Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good153
- Ruth CAylesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA little disappointedTuesday, 25th June 2019Unfortunately we came here in quite heavy rain which probably tainted our experience. The entrance fee was quite high considering we were in an out within the hour. The woodland walk was quite... Read full review
- TOGETHER_WE_TRAVEL35Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA nice place to spend an hourThursday, 27th June 2019Although I think they could incorporate more into the café/shop side of the Gardens, the Gardens themselves are nice to walk though. I was expecting a larger venue, but we do enjoy popping along here. Read full review
- holland21Stirling, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous!Saturday, 29th June 2019We came here on a Sunday morning and so it wasn’t too busy which was nice. It did get busier and as the cafe is also at the entrance to pay along with the shop there was an RSPB representative with... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.