Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good149
- flowerlady64Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSo lucky to have this placeMonday, 29th October 2018We are locals so a yearly ticket is an obvious thing to pay for. We have had some lovely days in the gardens this year. The tubs of tulips are a real delight - such a range of colours. Last Monday... Read full review
- dunholmeDurhamTrip Type:Solo travelGood choice in friendly cafeTuesday, 6th November 2018The coffee choice was a bit limited but the staff were happy to tweak settings for you. The sandwiches and toasties were good. The setting is restful, with a view of the botanic gardens and there are... Read full review
- donnabatonSaint Helens, OregonTrip Type:CouplesVisit with a VolunteerTuesday, 11th December 2018It was a lovely garden with many areas of interest. There was some interesting sculptures. It was early May so I do not think it was full bloom. Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.