Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good158
- 191davesSpennymoor, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice day outWednesday, 4th September 2019Great grounds and easy tp get to on public transport and right next to Durham park and ride. Much larger than I thought and restaurant is good if a touch expensive. Read full review
- HhmmssDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayDurham botanic gardenThursday, 5th September 2019Lovely well kept gardens with interesting features. Pleasant coffee shop with both in and outdoor seating. Ample parking. Read full review
- Gary DBrentwood, United KingdomPleasant DiversionSaturday, 7th September 2019Really lovely grounds, and the frog, snake and insect house was an unexpected bonus. As it's a bit of a hike from the city centre we can understand why it doesn't cater much for pedestrians, but a... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.