Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good170
- MichaelelliottCounty Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat day out with the kidsThursday, 10th August 2023Botanic gardens in Durham is a beautiful location with loads to do with the kids. The welcome was warm and friendly and the kids were free entry. We only paid for us adults. Maps were provided and... Read full review
- Storyteller817158Trip Type:CouplesNothing special - many parks are nicerSunday, 20th August 2023The ‘garden’ is more like a park - trees, grass, 2 or 3 statues, but barely any flowers. Although the grass had been cut, we felt I most of the site had been only minimally maintained - several... Read full review
- Ann-M_26042005Very poor - dont bother!Wednesday, 20th September 2023Having visited a few botanical gardens i have to say this was one was poor. Pretty unkempt with very lityle of interest - except the greenhouses. Its really just a woodland with the odd tree of... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.