Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good149
- R7427NNkateGateshead, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely garden. Cafe could be betterWednesday, 23rd January 2019A great garden with lots to see and do. Cafe is very average, largely 'DIY’ and unless you want cakes and scones (which are good) choice is limited and sandwich was poor. Gift shop is poor Read full review
- Silver HTrip Type:FamilyBeautifulWednesday, 13th February 2019This place is absolutely stunning in the summer, with a wide range of plants and even some animals. Even in winter, it's worth a walk around as the area itself is amazing to look at and walk through. Read full review
- theparrsStockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWhat a wonderful find.Wednesday, 20th February 2019It was our first ever visit but it won't be our last. The snowdrops were glorious but we will be back to see the thousands of daffodils when they are in bloom next month. The tea room provided lovely... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.