Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good158
- Lynn MNorth Shields, United KingdomLovely Calm AreaFriday, 25th October 2019Lovely oasis of calm in bustling city. Great well laid out grounds and so well kept. So much to see another visit needed. Café very nice too.great food and atmosphere. Read full review
- star-swanDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyIncredible LumiereTuesday, 19th November 2019Visited as part of the Lumiere festival. The 20 installations were incredible. A wonderland of surprises, with fairytale lighting, humour, sound, illusions, art and mechanical birds travelling... Read full review
- BasingstoneHampshire, United KingdomObviously wrong time of yearFriday, 6th December 2019We went with the hope of seeing some excellent gardening but were disappointed as most of the exhibits/gardens appeared unkempt/out of season. The best part was the arboretum with some good specimens... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.