**The café seating area is currently closed. Offering takeaway food such as wrapped sandwiches, pastries, coffee and soft drinks**
Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good168
- JenaimyJayManchester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat afternoon outSunday, 28th August 2022Just on the outskirts of town this is a great little find. Had a really lovely time and would definitely recommend it to other locals and tourists alike Read full review
- Travelling_w_kids_9Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely place to walkTuesday, 25th October 2022Visited the botanic gardens on a Sunday afternoon. The gardens are beautiful and a really nice and calm place to have a walk. Durham uni students get in for free. Read full review
- 695joannewHoughton-le-Spring, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTuesday afternoon family tripTuesday, 25th October 2022Arrived just after 3pm. Was told the cafe was shutting at 4pm. Proceeded into the gardens and headed for the green house only to be told they were shut. The gardener had gone home apparently. We had... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.