Visitors from all over the world come to share the magic of 13th Century Crook Hall and its idyllic English gardens.
Soak up the atmosphere over a home made cream tea in the pretty courtyard.
A short walk from the Cathedral and described in Country Life as having ‘history, romance and beauty’, it’s just waiting to capture your heart.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Concession||£6.50 per ticket type|
1 Oct-10 Apr Sun-Wed, 1000-1500, Adults £5, Concessions £4.50, Child £3.
Annual Prices: Adult – £19.50, Concession – £17.50 and a Family – £39.50
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good172
- LYPudDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHalloween EventSunday, 26th November 2017My son and I attended the kids Halloween event, and when we arrived I was shocked we hadn't been before! A gorgeous little place just in the city centre, with views across to the cathedral. The hall... Read full review
- Julia GConsett, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBeautiful hidden gem of a placeFriday, 24th November 2017I have lived in Co Durham all my life and I’m not sure how I missed this place. My friends had their wedding here. The setting is stunning, with the gardens well kept. The food we had was absolutely... Read full review
- rogerrobert98Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayClosed when we thought it was openThursday, 23rd November 2017Check the website closely as the opening times are for the relatively new cafe/entrance. The hall itself and gardens are usually closed on Thursday to Saturday as weddings pay better than tourists... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.20 per day
- On-Site café/restaurant - Homemade cream teas, cakes, toasted sandwiches, soup, speciality teas and coffee.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Please note: Crook Hall Garden is closed Thu, Fri and Sat. Garden Cafe open all year, daily, 0930-1700.
Pre-booking essential for Halloween and Christmas Openings - please see website for details. During December we are open Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and at other times only for our pre booked Christmas events. Closed 24 Dec-4 Jan.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city centre. Follow the signs for The Gates Shopping Centre then pick up the signs for Crook Hall.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station road walk down North Road past the bus station to The Gates Shopping Centre. Follow the road down to the riverside, and Crook Hall is signposted from there.