Family-run, Victorian public house with a friendly atmosphere offering reasonably priced, good quality en suite accommodation with free parking. The Victoria Inn provides 6 high quality bedrooms, all rooms are en suite with TV and tea and coffee making facilities. All of our bedrooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished for 2012 and most bathrooms now include both a bath and shower.
We are delighted to offer our guests free off street parking and we also have garages available on request.
We are ideally situated for exploring the historic City of Durham with the spectacular World heritage site of Durham Cathedral and Castle only four minutes’ walk away. There are a wealth of attractions to visit locally, such as the world famous Beamish Open Air Museum, The Angel of the North and many more. If shopping is on your list of priorities then the North East has it all, from small market towns to the truly impressive Metro Centre. We cater for all tastes and styles and of course pockets!
The nightlife in the North East has to be seen to be believed. Everyone is catered for, from small country pubs to real ale houses, to the largest nightclubs. You'll not be disappointed with what we have to offer. What better way to aid your recovery from a great night out than one of our "Hearty Breakfasts" - (The Good Pub Guide).
CAMRA Pub of the Year seven times. Free WiFi.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite (Can be Single)||from £80.00 to £83.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family En-Suite (Can be Single, Double or Twin)||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite (Can be Single)||from £80.00 to £83.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £55-£80
- 4 Visit England Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- steamtrainianessex, englandTrip Type:FamilyVictorian localSunday, 23rd September 2018Full of character, good beer, friendly (mildly eccentric) locals. Cosy coal fire. If you like traditional pubs there is nothing not to like. Don't come here looking for fancy gin or fashionable... Read full review
- CulchethClanTrip Type:Friends getawayWalk Back in TimeThursday, 8th November 2018When you walk through the doors it’s like you are walking into the 1960s. And how characterful it is. Timeworn kitsch decor, a talkative and welcoming community of locals, a traditional open fire... Read full review
- Chris WManchesterTrip Type:Solo travelTraditional pubTuesday, 13th November 2018Traditional pub with central bar and lounge rooms around this bar. Period features are all maintained. Open fire was roaring. Good choice of cask beers available at reasonable prices. A short walk... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Garages.
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Parking for bikes
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|