Family-run, Victorian public house with a friendly atmosphere offering reasonably priced, good quality en suite accommodation with free parking. The Victoria Inn provides 6 high quality bedrooms, all rooms are en suite with TV and tea and coffee making facilities. All of our bedrooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished for 2012 and most bathrooms now include both a bath and shower.
We are delighted to offer our guests free off street parking and we also have garages available on request.
We are ideally situated for exploring the historic City of Durham with the spectacular World heritage site of Durham Cathedral and Castle only four minutes’ walk away. There are a wealth of attractions to visit locally, such as the world famous Beamish Open Air Museum, The Angel of the North and many more. If shopping is on your list of priorities then the North East has it all, from small market towns to the truly impressive Metro Centre. We cater for all tastes and styles and of course pockets!
The nightlife in the North East has to be seen to be believed. Everyone is catered for, from small country pubs to real ale houses, to the largest nightclubs. You'll not be disappointed with what we have to offer. What better way to aid your recovery from a great night out than one of our "Hearty Breakfasts" - (The Good Pub Guide).
CAMRA Pub of the Year seven times. Free WiFi.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite (Can be Single)||from £80.00 to £83.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family En-Suite (Can be Single, Double or Twin)||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite (Can be Single)||from £80.00 to £83.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £55-£80
- 4 Visit England Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- LadyDamelzaSt Ives, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesJust the place!Wednesday, 1st November 2017A friendly welcome and a room that was cosy, comfortable, and clean. Freshly cooked breakfast with a smile. Useful to have easy parking available. What more could we have asked for! Thanks to all... Read full review
- vryheid1SkiptonTrip Type:CouplesOvernight StayThursday, 26th October 2017My wife and I with our little whippet Milo stayed here on our way to Keilder. We were made to feel welcome. We walked into the bar and the people were really friendly and I chatted to the locals... Read full review
- Jill bNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA little GemTuesday, 10th October 2017Hi we stayed here a week ago for one night a party of 4 of us 2 couples. We had a great room with 4 poster bed really comfortable. The old worldly pub has warmth and character in abundance, it was... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Garages.
- Pets accepted
- Special provisions for cyclists - Parking for bikes
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
Follow the A690 from the A1(M) to the city centre, turn left at the roundabout and cross the bridge. Go over the traffic lights and proceed for 400yds.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 0.25 miles
Ten minutes walk.