Family-run, Victorian public house with a friendly atmosphere offering reasonably priced, good quality en suite accommodation with free parking. The Victoria Inn provides 6 high quality bedrooms, all rooms are en suite with TV and tea and coffee making facilities. All of our bedrooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished for 2012 and most bathrooms now include both a bath and shower.
We are delighted to offer our guests free off street parking and we also have garages available on request.
We are ideally situated for exploring the historic City of Durham with the spectacular World heritage site of Durham Cathedral and Castle only four minutes’ walk away. There are a wealth of attractions to visit locally, such as the world famous Beamish Open Air Museum, The Angel of the North and many more. If shopping is on your list of priorities then the North East has it all, from small market towns to the truly impressive Metro Centre. We cater for all tastes and styles and of course pockets!
The nightlife in the North East has to be seen to be believed. Everyone is catered for, from small country pubs to real ale houses, to the largest nightclubs. You'll not be disappointed with what we have to offer. What better way to aid your recovery from a great night out than one of our "Hearty Breakfasts" - (The Good Pub Guide).
CAMRA Pub of the Year seven times. Free WiFi.
**Due to Covid-19 and with everyone's safety in mind, we have temporarily removed breakfast and offer Room Only accommodation until further notice. Cafes and restaurants are available within a short walking distance.**
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite (Can be Single)||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Family En-Suite (Can be Single, Double or Twin)||£85.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite (Can be Single)||£80.00 per room (room only)|
*Single occupancy - £70 *not available Saturdays.
Due to Covid-19 and with everyone's safety in mind, we have temporarily removed breakfast and offer Room Only accommodation until further notice.
- 4 Visit England Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good57
- D CBuckinghamshireTrip Type:CouplesLovely old inn very close to Durham sightsTuesday, 11th August 2020Great place to stay for visiting Durham. Good quiet room, exceptionally friendly staff. Great breakfast. Easy walking distance to the cathedral, castle and market quarter. Highly recommend. Walking... Read full review
- sophieforeman96manchesterTrip Type:CouplesLovely breakMonday, 5th October 2020We stayed in the victoria for two nights, and both nights were truly wonderful. When arrived we was greeted and instantly felt welcomed. The room was nice and spacious with traditional victorian... Read full review
- georgecJ4061LAHighly reccommendSaturday, 27th March 2021Stayed when picking up a relative from Uni. Michael really helpful from booking through to stay. Clean comfy friendly, full of character. Easy to use wi fi. Excellent all round, fantastic value for... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Garages.
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Parking for bikes
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Follow the A690 from the A1(M) to the city centre, turn left at the roundabout and cross the bridge. Go over the traffic lights and proceed for 400yds.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 0.25 milesTen minutes walk.