Family-run, Victorian public house with a friendly atmosphere offering reasonably priced, good quality en suite accommodation with free parking. The Victoria Inn provides 6 high quality bedrooms, all rooms are en suite with TV and tea and coffee making facilities. All of our bedrooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished for 2012 and most bathrooms now include both a bath and shower.
We are delighted to offer our guests free off street parking and we also have garages available on request.
We are ideally situated for exploring the historic City of Durham with the spectacular World heritage site of Durham Cathedral and Castle only four minutes’ walk away. There are a wealth of attractions to visit locally, such as the world famous Beamish Open Air Museum, The Angel of the North and many more. If shopping is on your list of priorities then the North East has it all, from small market towns to the truly impressive Metro Centre. We cater for all tastes and styles and of course pockets!
The nightlife in the North East has to be seen to be believed. Everyone is catered for, from small country pubs to real ale houses, to the largest nightclubs. You'll not be disappointed with what we have to offer.
CAMRA Pub of the Year seven times. Free WiFi.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 30th Nov 2023
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 1st Dec 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite (Can be Single)||£80.00 per room (room only)|
|Family En-Suite (Can be Single, Double or Twin)||£85.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite (Can be Single)||£80.00 per room (room only)|
*Single Rooms (En-suite): £70 to £80 per night Room Only - Not available Saturdays.
Our Family Room consists of one double bed and one single.
- 4 Visit England Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good62
- BrummieSedgeSolihull, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfect place to stop overSunday, 18th June 2023Absolutely great little old time pub, staff and locals could not have been nicer. Room was spotless and had all the amenities we needed. Will definitely stop here again. Great location for the city... Read full review
- trine_m_u23London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA perfect stay with Michael and his crewSunday, 13th August 2023Everything was excellent, but the staff made it outstanding. The rooms are lovely and very clean. The atmosphere in the pub is perfect. Loved our stay with Michael, his sister and their crew. We... Read full review
- A9325CRannefHelpful staff, shame about the dogSunday, 8th October 2023Helpful staff allowed us to leave our car parked for a few hours after check out. Room and facilities fine. Unhappy though to hear a dog roomed next door! The stairs and corridors are narrow and... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Garages.
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Parking for bikes
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
Map & Directions
Follow the A690 from the A1(M) to the city centre, turn left at the roundabout and cross the bridge. Go over the traffic lights and proceed for 400yds.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 0.25 milesTen minutes walk.