Family-run, Victorian public house with a friendly atmosphere offering reasonably priced, good quality en suite accommodation with free parking. The Victoria Inn provides 6 high quality bedrooms, all rooms are en suite with TV and tea and coffee making facilities. All of our bedrooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished for 2012 and most bathrooms now include both a bath and shower.
We are delighted to offer our guests free off street parking and we also have garages available on request.
We are ideally situated for exploring the historic City of Durham with the spectacular World heritage site of Durham Cathedral and Castle only four minutes’ walk away. There are a wealth of attractions to visit locally, such as the world famous Beamish Open Air Museum, The Angel of the North and many more. If shopping is on your list of priorities then the North East has it all, from small market towns to the truly impressive Metro Centre. We cater for all tastes and styles and of course pockets!
The nightlife in the North East has to be seen to be believed. Everyone is catered for, from small country pubs to real ale houses, to the largest nightclubs. You'll not be disappointed with what we have to offer. What better way to aid your recovery from a great night out than one of our "Hearty Breakfasts" - (The Good Pub Guide).
CAMRA Pub of the Year seven times. Free WiFi.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite (Can be Single)||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family En-Suite (Can be Single, Double or Twin)||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite (Can be Single)||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £55-£80
- 4 Visit England Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good57
- Janio9Thornton Cleveleys, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHighly RecommendMonday, 9th September 2019Stayed in this lovely B&B for two nights whilst visiting relatives. The B&B and the pub were spotlessly clean and our twin room was very comfortable. The highlights of the stay were the wonderful... Read full review
- mablecrossmablethorpeNice people, great locationThursday, 31st October 2019We stayed for two nights to visit our daughter at the uni. The Vic is A city centre pub with easy walking access to the city attractions. You park in garages connected to the rear of the pub. The... Read full review
- Alison DHarrow, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessSo much better than a chain hotelTuesday, 12th November 2019Visiting Durham to attend a conference at the University, a variety of chain hotels were suggested and also this independant pub with rooms. So glad I chose it: characterful bar, lovely friendly... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Garages.
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Parking for bikes
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|