Family-run, Victorian public house with a friendly atmosphere offering reasonably priced, good quality en suite accommodation with free parking. The Victoria Inn provides 6 high quality bedrooms, all rooms are en suite with TV and tea and coffee making facilities. All of our bedrooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished for 2012 and most bathrooms now include both a bath and shower.
We are delighted to offer our guests free off street parking and we also have garages available on request.
We are ideally situated for exploring the historic City of Durham with the spectacular World heritage site of Durham Cathedral and Castle only four minutes’ walk away. There are a wealth of attractions to visit locally, such as the world famous Beamish Open Air Museum, The Angel of the North and many more. If shopping is on your list of priorities then the North East has it all, from small market towns to the truly impressive Metro Centre. We cater for all tastes and styles and of course pockets!
The nightlife in the North East has to be seen to be believed. Everyone is catered for, from small country pubs to real ale houses, to the largest nightclubs. You'll not be disappointed with what we have to offer.
CAMRA Pub of the Year seven times. Free WiFi.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite (Can be Single)||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room (room only)|
|Family En-Suite (Can be Single, Double or Twin)||from £85.00 to £95.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite (Can be Single)||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room (room only)|
*Single Rooms (En-suite): £70 to £80 per night Room Only - Not available Saturdays.
Our Family Room consists of one double bed and one single.
- 4 Visit England Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good60
- 7356peekayNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat place to stayFriday, 22nd July 2022The welcome on booking in was second to none, nothing was any problem. The bar is interesting with many original features and the locals were very friendly and made us welcome. Despite it being on a... Read full review
- theclaw2008east yorkshireTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat little findSunday, 14th August 2022Hidden gem of a hotel situated right near the city centre. Warm friendly welcome and absolute bargain price compared to the large chain hotels. Bedrooms were all very clean with all the facilities... Read full review
- Billycat345Trip Type:CouplesExcellent gem of a placeMonday, 15th August 2022We were in Durham this week and decided to visit and were not disappointed. It has a fabulous interior, warm reception, great selection of beers / keg. We had a great discussion with the locals and... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Garages.
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Parking for bikes
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
Map & Directions
Follow the A690 from the A1(M) to the city centre, turn left at the roundabout and cross the bridge. Go over the traffic lights and proceed for 400yds.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 0.25 milesTen minutes walk.