Just a stone’s throw from the heart of historic Durham city yet surrounded by peaceful woodland, The Kingslodge Inn has all the benefits of a city-centre location but with a laid back, relaxed vibe.
Less than a mile from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral and Castle - one of the best-loved and most recognisable landmarks in the country – and close to the mainline train station, The Kingslodge Inn is the perfect place to enjoy delicious, home-cooked pub food or a drink with friends, family or colleagues. There is free parking and free wifi too.
And if you’re looking for accommodation in Durham that’s a great alternative to impersonal hotel stays, then make for The Kingslodge Inn to eat, drink, sleep and explore.
Freshly prepared home-cooked food served daily from 7.30am until 9pm.
From breakfasts fit for a king, to light bites, lunches, evening meals and daily changing specials showcasing local Durham produce, The Kingslodge Inn is the place to come to enjoy delicious homemade food created by our talented kitchen team - whatever the time of day.
Sit back, relax and enjoy good food and drink in our cosy dining area with its quirky alcoves and characterful nooks and crannies. On warmer days why not enjoy al fresco dining or a drink in The Kingslodge Inn’s garden courtyard and suntrap of a terrace?
We welcome families and have a wide range of family-favourite meals to keep everyone happy. In keeping with the inn’s licensing regulations we ask that children vacate dining areas by 9pm.
Local hand-pulled ale, a glass of fine wine or barista coffee – whatever’s your choice, The Kingslodge Inn is the perfect place for relaxing with a drink in hand.
We take pride in looking after our drinks the proper, old-fashioned way, which makes for a perfect pint of Durham’s finest. As well as sampling local real ales including guest hand pulls on rotation, perfectly chilled continental lagers and scrumptious ciders, we’ve a wide range of characterful bottled craft beers too.
The Kingslodge Inn’s well-stocked cellar brings you wines from around the world. Available by the glass or bottle, there are wines to pair with all dishes and to suit every taste.
Have a chat over a pot of tea or aromatic barista coffee. Or why not try one of our deliciously different Ringtons speciality loose leaf teas?
Bed down in one of our 23 newly refurbished en-suite rooms
Searching for city centre accommodation in Durham to enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep? It may sound a tall order, but The Kingslodge Inn’s tranquil setting and newly refurbished bedrooms mean you get just that.
Handily close to the mainline station and with Durham city centre but a few minutes walk away, take your pick of double, twin, single or family en suite bedrooms at The Kingslodge Inn.
All rooms have Freeview TV, Wi-Fi, tea and coffee making facilities. hairdryer, iron and ironing board facilities are available on request. Room rates include a full Taste of Durham breakfast.
A number of designated dog-friendly rooms are available. A pet supplement of £5 per night applies. Please note that dogs are also permitted in the gardens and bar area of the Inn.
Please note that guest check in time is from 2.30pm while check out time is by 10.30am.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£79.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite Kingsize en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Get Away for Less dinner, bed & breakfast from £62.50 per person per night (Jan-Mar).
- 3 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2019
- AA AA Dinner Award 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good149
- Harald DVolda, NorwayVery nice small hotel near the city centerSunday, 8th September 2019The Kingslodge Inn is situated in a calm area just on the outskirts of Durham, City - only a few minutes walk to the town center. The hotel has 23 rooms and a very nice restaurant and bar. We stayed... Read full review
- alexander gCambridge, United KingdomExcellent location friendly staffMonday, 9th September 2019The hotel is close to the station and only a short walk to the major attractions of Durham. The staff were very friendly. The room was average. Reasonably sized but not generous, but the bathroom was... Read full review
- woodies41Durham, United KingdomFamily mealWednesday, 18th September 2019Last week we visited with family for a meal and drinks, the food was pretty good and some of the service was good, a girl called Jess i think her name was superb ! Nothing was an issue and was super... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted - In some rooms.
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1, ahead at 1st 3 roundabouts, turn right at the 4th. Under railway viaduct. First left then 1st right. Hotel is at the end of the road.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham railway station - go down the bank. At main road, take opposite road (slightly to your right). Take first right. Hotel is at the end of the road.