Nestled in Bargate Bank, about a mile outside of Lanchester, in the heart of the stunning County Durham Countryside, we’re a great destination for a family day out. Within easy reach of both Durham and Newcastle, it’s the perfect place to while away a few hours in picturesque surroundings.
If you’re a gardening enthusiast, you’ll discover a wider selection of plants. Moreover, our plants are of exemplary quality, tended by our skilled horticultural team, with great care and attention to detail. However, in addition to our garden centre, you’ll find a restaurant, gift shop, children’s play area, aquarium, a tropical village and much more besides.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good23
- clairemS7361OODurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLunchTuesday, 11th February 2020I love this garden centre, we went for lunch, they are very accommodating, the food was lovely. The animal centre was lovely too, and the gift shop had a lovely mix of gifts. Read full review
- Anthony GNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyTalking Birds!Sunday, 15th March 2020Took the kids for a day out at the Potters Word section. £4 each well spent. Loads of animals that look well looked after and enriched. Reptiles, birds, insects and more. Great indoor and outdoor... Read full review
- Z2284EWanncDurham, United KingdomGirls garden centre visitTuesday, 7th July 2020You have to visit this place so well organised clean well stocked quirky staff are so happy to help nothing is to much trouble The restaurant called The Greenhouse serves fantastic food the burger... Read full review
|Season (13 May 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Note reduced hours