Nestled in Bargate Bank, about a mile outside of Lanchester, in the heart of the stunning County Durham Countryside, we’re a great destination for a family day out. Within easy reach of both Durham and Newcastle, it’s the perfect place to while away a few hours in picturesque surroundings.
If you’re a gardening enthusiast, you’ll discover a wider selection of plants. Moreover, our plants are of exemplary quality, tended by our skilled horticultural team, with great care and attention to detail. However, in addition to our garden centre, you’ll find a restaurant, gift shop, children’s play area, aquarium, a tropical village and much more besides.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good23
- explorer5762Chesterfield, United KingdomGood but a let downTuesday, 14th September 2021Went here as it was a recommendation from a relative that it was very nice. While the garden centre itself was a typical garden centre it was small in comparision to the size of the site. We... Read full review
- daviddA741TPDurham, United KingdomExpensiveTuesday, 5th October 2021Went here for breakfast, English breakfast was tasty but far too big and expensive. They should offer a smaller one for less money. Table was a bit sticky and chairs uncomfortable for eating at the... Read full review
- jaynewcastleupontynenewcastle upon tyneBird of prey cages very small.Wednesday, 13th October 2021Very disappointed to see the birds of prey in small enclosures. The red kite was flying around and clipping its wings as there was too little space. Others had the same limited space. Read full review
|Season (13 May 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Note reduced hours