Nestled in Bargate Bank, about a mile outside of Lanchester, in the heart of the stunning County Durham Countryside, we’re a great destination for a family day out. Within easy reach of both Durham and Newcastle, it’s the perfect place to while away a few hours in picturesque surroundings.
If you’re a gardening enthusiast, you’ll discover a wider selection of plants. Moreover, our plants are of exemplary quality, tended by our skilled horticultural team, with great care and attention to detail. However, in addition to our garden centre, you’ll find a restaurant, gift shop, children’s play area, aquarium, a tropical village and much more besides.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good16
- louise BTrip Type:Friends getawayFabulous restaurantMonday, 10th June 2019We have been meaning to call here for ages, finally got round to it! Quite easy to find and good parking, really nicely set out. The restaurant was lovely, staff were fabulous - especially Lynn and... Read full review
- sarapW2551AMTrip Type:FamilyThis place used to be great.Sunday, 16th June 2019We have spent many days coming here fro a wonder and dinner. However potters world has now changed to extremely expensive. We came up for a family day out and meal to discover this had changed and... Read full review
- derewilsonTrip Type:FamilyGreat day outMonday, 24th June 2019Second time i have been here for a meal and a walk around the animal center, had a great day but think that a charge for children over 1.5 is a bit harsh. Everything is looked after and the staff... Read full review
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Potters Tropical Village Opening Times: Monday - Sunday: 10am - 3:30pm (last entry 3pm)