Nestled in Bargate Bank, about a mile outside of Lanchester, in the heart of the stunning County Durham Countryside, we’re a great destination for a family day out. Within easy reach of both Durham and Newcastle, it’s the perfect place to while away a few hours in picturesque surroundings.
If you’re a gardening enthusiast, you’ll discover a wider selection of plants. Moreover, our plants are of exemplary quality, tended by our skilled horticultural team, with great care and attention to detail. However, in addition to our garden centre, you’ll find a restaurant, gift shop, children’s play area, aquarium, a tropical village and much more besides.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good19
- renshaw26sunderlandA victim of its own successWednesday, 4th September 2019A large garden centre near Lanchester near Durham. Lovely drive to get their plenty of car parking space. However it is now so popular that getting a table in the restaurant is problematic. If full... Read full review
- Alicyn KTrip Type:Friends getawayWorth waitingWednesday, 4th September 2019There is usually a wait for a table at peak times however you are given a little alarm while you have a vrowse around the array of garden and gift ideas. Once the alarm goes off you will be shown to... Read full review
- safcol63Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazingTuesday, 8th October 2019Another lovely visit here. Lots to see and do for adults and little ones. The Christmas shop is now open and its beautiful. A visit to the restaurant is definitley a must. Read full review
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Potters Tropical Village Opening Times: Monday - Sunday: 10am - 3:30pm (last entry 3pm)