Refurbished in 2016, Killhope is a multi award winning Victorian lead mining museum offering a great day out for the family. Guided mine tours, working water wheel, original machinery, exhibitions, workshops, family events, performances, stunning scenery, Yurt hires, shop and cafe.
Special events take place throughout the year with normal admission prices applying. Check the website for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Annual Pass||£13.50 per ticket type|
|Adult Day Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Annual Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Day Pass||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family Annual Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£37.00 per ticket type|
|Family Day Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£25.00 per ticket type|
|Under 4's||£1.00 per ticket type|
Charges for activities are additional.
*Concessions include - children aged 4-16, over 60's, students, unemployed and disabled allowance. **Under fours are unable to go on the mine tour.
Killhope annual passes are valid for 12 months from your first visit for an unlimited number of visits.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Gold 2017
- Visit England Code of Practice 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit England Visitengland Hidden Gem 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good39
- torquidGloucesterHow it used to be in Weardale a century or more ago...Monday, 27th May 2019We were staying in the local area so this was on my "must do" list. Turned up early on the Monday only to find that a school was booked in and the first available "public" tour wasn't until midday... Read full review
- CgreenwoodCambridge, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent family tripWednesday, 29th May 2019Our family recently visited Killhope mine. We all loved it. It may have been pouring with rain but it didn’t ruin the experience. The log fires are a lovely touch and very appreciated on a cold wet... Read full review
- carolmills2846Seaton Delaval, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily outingMonday, 10th June 2019The visit was with my grandsons acheoligy club outing,it couldn't have been wetter the weather was awful, rain, rain, rain, river was in flood, so we couldn't get on site as usually it is though a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - On a lead.
|2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:30||- 17:00|
* Now closed from 28 Oct until 1st April 2019
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A69. Take the A689 road, Killhope is situated between Alston and Stanhope.
Public Transport Directions
Traveline 0871 200 22 33 for general transport information. Weardale Motor Services run a regular bus service through Weardale. Normally this terminates at Cowshill, 2.5 miles east of Killhope, but certain summer services will run to Killhope by request. Please contact Weardale Motor Services for details and booking tel: 01388 528235 for details. If you arrive by this bus we'll give you a 10% 'Green Discount' on your entry fee! If you come on your bike you'll get a 10% 'Green admission discount' Look out for the roof of england Sunday bus through out the summer 2013 season