Refurbished in 2016, Killhope is a multi award winning Victorian lead mining museum offering a great day out for the family. Guided mine tours, working water wheel, original machinery, exhibitions, workshops, family events, performances, stunning scenery, Yurt hires, shop and cafe.
Special events take place throughout the year with normal admission prices applying. Check the website for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Annual Pass||£13.50 per ticket type|
|Adult Day Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Annual Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Day Pass||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family Annual Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£37.00 per ticket type|
|Family Day Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£25.00 per ticket type|
|Under 4's||£1.00 per ticket type|
Charges for activities are additional.
*Concessions include - children aged 4-16, over 60's, students, unemployed and disabled allowance. **Under fours are unable to go on the mine tour.
Killhope annual passes are valid for 12 months from your first visit for an unlimited number of visits.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Gold 2017
- Visit England Code of Practice 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Visit England Visitengland Hidden Gem 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- Janet PTrip Type:FamilyMrsWednesday, 8th August 2018Great interesting place - family of 6 adults 2 children - youngest 4 eldest 55 all found the underground tour fascinating . Staff - Andrea very good with littleones whilst enjoying searching for... Read full review
- MumandDad676Carlisle, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA great look back in timeFriday, 27th July 2018We visited this on a Monday when kids went free(Check ahead as not every Monday is kid's free) Best to go on a fine day as site is open to elements; which highlights the very tough working conditions... Read full review
- _johnson_bill72Bishop Auckland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMine blowingWednesday, 25th July 2018Going into the mine is the highlight, and wellies and hard hats are provided - believe me thay are needed and so is a warm top, even if it's hot ouside. Our tour was for about 50 minutes and our 7... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - On a lead.
|2018 (30 Mar 2018 - 28 Oct 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:30||- 17:00|
* Last admission 16.15. Last mine trip 15:30
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A69. Take the A689 road, Killhope is situated between Alston and Stanhope.
Public Transport Directions
Traveline 0871 200 22 33 for general transport information. Weardale Motor Services run a regular bus service through Weardale. Normally this terminates at Cowshill, 2.5 miles east of Killhope, but certain summer services will run to Killhope by request. Please contact Weardale Motor Services for details and booking tel: 01388 528235 for details. If you arrive by this bus we'll give you a 10% 'Green Discount' on your entry fee! If you come on your bike you'll get a 10% 'Green admission discount' Look out for the roof of england Sunday bus through out the summer 2013 season