The Bowes Museum
Tel: +44 01833 690606
See outstanding collections of art, fashion and design housed in an impressive French-style public Museum set in beautiful parkland.
The Bowes Museum was created by the philanthropists Joséphine and John Bowes. This family friendly Museum is home to some of the best examples of European fine and decorative arts in the UK with galleries dedicated to paintings, furniture, fashion & textiles, ceramics, silver & metals and more.
With a fascinating story, an acclaimed exhibition and events programme, celebrating the 250th birthday of the iconic Silver Swan automaton in 2023, family activities, a seasonal menu in Café Bowes and shop, a visit to The Bowes Museum makes a day out to remember.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Day Ticket||£17.50 per person per day|
|Local Membership||£12.50 per ticket type|
|Membership||£14.50 per ticket type|
|Under 18s, students and carers||Free|
Enjoy unlimited entry at The Bowes Museum and temporary exhibitions all year around.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good454
- EJ152Trip Type:Friends getawayExtraordinary collection in a gracious and substantial building.Tuesday, 14th March 2023A real find and a treasure. Spacious and full of surprises, charming cafe (booking is wise), and well chosen merchandise on sale in the shop. Read full review
- World_roaming_leccyLincoln, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGlad I've been but won't be returning in a hurryWednesday, 15th March 2023I've driven past this place several times and always wanted to go in. The building itself is very grand and inviting. The admission price of £12.50 for the year (if local) isn't bad in today's... Read full review
- ClaireRocks84Darlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFirm favourite since my childhoodMonday, 20th March 2023I have visited Bowes museum plenty of times over my years. The silver swan is a must see. As well as the Bowes Family collections they collected over the years. It’s fascinating. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Closed 25, 26 Dec & 1 Jan. Cafe opening 1000-1630. Shop opening 1000-1645.