AboutThe very extensive remains of a 13thC priory, founded on the site of a retired pirate's hermitage. Part of it later served as a holiday retreat for the monks of Durham Cathedral. Beautifully sited by the River Wear, it can be reached from Durham via a delightful riverside and woodland walk.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Travellers Choice 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northern Saints Trails Passport 2021
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - On south side of river; charge applicable
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open 10am-5pm, daily, from April until October and 10am-4pm from October until March.
Map & Directions
3 miles north-east of Durham, on minor road off A167.
Public Transport Directions
Durham Train Station - 5 miles.