The very extensive remains of a 13thC priory, founded on the site of a retired pirate's hermitage. Part of it later served as a holiday retreat for the monks of Durham Cathedral. Beautifully sited by the River Wear, it can be reached from Durham via a delightful riverside and woodland walk.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Travellers Choice 2016
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - On south side of river; charge applicable
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads.
|Season (1 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00|| - 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00|| - 17:00|
|Season (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00|| - 16:00|
* From October to March Finchale is open from 1000-1600. Closed 24-26 and 1 Jan.
Map & Directions
3 miles north-east of Durham, on minor road off A167.
Public Transport Directions
Durham Train Station - 5 miles.