**Courtyard now open for alfresco dining and takeaway service**
Soak up the historic ambience with beams, crooked ceilings and original fireplaces, all enhanced with appropriate lighting, old sewing machine tables, tasteful plants and pictures. With 150 seats over three floors, including our quirky, heated, canopied courtyard - you haven't visited Durham unless you've visited Vennels.
We bake an prepare quality ingredients on a daily basis, at affordable prices. Absolutely everything is made on the premises. Our internationally renowned scones are baked fresh every morning. Join the throngs queing for a taste, warm from the oven.
The history of our breathtaking venue can be dated as far back as 1720 to the tale of Durham's own Mrs Clements, the creator of English Mustard as we know it today.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good257
- MartynStrikeNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomVery PoorMonday, 13th December 2021I attended Vennels last Monday with two friends. I bought three coffees which were fine. On leaving l decided to purchase a piece of Carrot cake and a corned beef pie. The person serving was very... Read full review
- AlexaK0309Seaham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGorgeous food and doggy friendlyFriday, 24th December 2021Met up with family today and had lovely quiche and cakes, then the lady brought out two cute cupcakes for our two little dogs - lovely gesture Read full review
- veryuglybugDarlington, United KingdomNope not for meMonday, 27th December 2021Very expensive and disorganised serving. It’s like the left doesn’t know what the right is doing won’t be visiting again. Read full review
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Pets accepted - In the courtyard only.
- In town/city centre
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed Towards Students / Youth
|2020 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 16:30|