**Courtyard now open for alfresco dining and takeaway service**
Soak up the historic ambience with beams, crooked ceilings and original fireplaces, all enhanced with appropriate lighting, old sewing machine tables, tasteful plants and pictures. With 150 seats over three floors, including our quirky, heated, canopied courtyard - you haven't visited Durham unless you've visited Vennels.
We bake an prepare quality ingredients on a daily basis, at affordable prices. Absolutely everything is made on the premises. Our internationally renowned scones are baked fresh every morning. Join the throngs queing for a taste, warm from the oven.
The history of our breathtaking venue can be dated as far back as 1720 to the tale of Durham's own Mrs Clements, the creator of English Mustard as we know it today.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good255
- V9639CCricharddOxford, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWorth a visitSunday, 19th September 2021A locally based friend took us here for our lunch. It was a very pleasant surprise with a lovely ambiance and good food in an ancient building. Highly recommended. Read full review
- alan sNairn, United KingdomHidden gemTuesday, 21st September 2021Fantastic place. Just off market place, hidden up a ginnel but well worth searching out.very quaint inside, and deceptively big, has upstairs rooms as well. Food is fantastic and very reasonably... Read full review
- R D FKendalA very nice lunch!Friday, 24th September 2021We sat outside under the awning of this very characterful cafe in Durham which is really worth visiting. I had a BLT which was really good but my partner's North Sea Chowder looked really splendid... Read full review
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Pets accepted - In the courtyard only.
- In town/city centre
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed Towards Students / Youth
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 16:30|