**Courtyard now open for alfresco dining and takeaway service**
Soak up the historic ambience with beams, crooked ceilings and original fireplaces, all enhanced with appropriate lighting, old sewing machine tables, tasteful plants and pictures. With 150 seats over three floors, including our quirky, heated, canopied courtyard - you haven't visited Durham unless you've visited Vennels.
We bake an prepare quality ingredients on a daily basis, at affordable prices. Absolutely everything is made on the premises. Our internationally renowned scones are baked fresh every morning. Join the throngs queing for a taste, warm from the oven.
The history of our breathtaking venue can be dated as far back as 1720 to the tale of Durham's own Mrs Clements, the creator of English Mustard as we know it today.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good255
- Journey597506Trip Type:FamilyTake awaySunday, 11th October 2020We have just been to this cafe today and ordered a take away soup, bacon sandwich and three cans of pop I couldn't believe the cost! I asked for a price break down to find out a can of coke was 2.20... Read full review
- obaidd55Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessHouse of scoonsThursday, 15th October 2020Plce to study to Blast you Brain, fab coffe and hot choclate without topping, Staff was helpful understand your customize order Read full review
- smilgakiLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely cakeSaturday, 17th October 2020Sadly, our planned high tea at Tealicious was cancelled due to Covid-related circumstances, so we came searching for an alternative lunch & cake place. We found Vennel's Cafe tucked away in a tiny... Read full review
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Pets accepted - In the courtyard only.
- In town/city centre
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed Towards Students / Youth
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 16:30|