Find simple light lunches and a selection of homemade snacks in Durham Cathedral's cafe, The Undercroft. Set in a beautiful medieval space, don't miss their great range of hot and cold drinks, with freshly brewed coffee and Brew Tea Company tea which is perfect with one of our delicious homemade cakes or famous scones. Produce is sourced locally where possble. Socially-distanced seating is available inside, or enjoy the fresh air at tables in the peaceful cloisters of Durham Cathedral.
The cafe is open 10am to 4pm every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
The Undercroft can also be hired for private functions outside of usual opening hours, catering for a wide range of occasions with a variety of menus. Individual requirements can be accommodated with bespoke menus and choices. For more information and booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- malc1005Kettering, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMorning breakThursday, 5th September 2019We stopped here for morning tea and scones. Friendly service, good food, in a nice setting, well worth a visit. Read full review
- sheepygoldlondonTrip Type:Friends getawayGood value meal dealsWednesday, 9th October 2019We came to this self service restaurant on our Cathedral visit. Their hot food looked excellent but we just wanted a snack so I had a pre packed sandwich and bowl of soup and my wife had a sandwich... Read full review
- KuffyStaveley, United KingdomExcellent value in lovely surroundingsTuesday, 18th February 2020Good value wholesome food that uses local produce. The portions are generous and the atmosphere is relaxed with helpful staff. There was a good choice to suit all tastes. The tables were nicely... Read full review
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Closed Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Map & Directions
It is recommended that visitors to Durham Cathedral use public transport or walk to top of the Durham Peninsula.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via Durham Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the rail station. For timetable call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.