The Stables Restaurant and Bar is a genuinely relaxing environment. Stone floors, old beams, solid furniture, crackling log fires in winter, fabulous courtyard to lounge in for summer fresco dining. The service is everything you would expect....friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable.
The wine list brings old world and new world together with an emphasis on quality. As for the food, you are in for a treat! Ingredients sourced from local farmers and producers wherever possible, all lovingly brought together to form dishes that are both traditional favourites with a contemporary twist and modern classics.
Welcome to The Stables where real hospitality is the order of the day.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good284
- Erin GGateshead, United KingdomDisappointed By Our VisitSunday, 15th October 2023We visited as a family of 2 adults and our 4 year old daughter for what we would say was a treat out as we hadn't been out for a Sunday lunch in a long while. We were very disappointed by our meal... Read full review
- jonsey159Sunderland, United KingdomDogs no more.Sunday, 15th October 2023My wife and I go to The Stables on occasion with our dog for Sunday lunch.As always when booking I mention that our four-legged friend is coming with us,as they are dog-friendly. However when on... Read full review
- Jhonny2411Sunday lunchWednesday, 18th October 2023A delightful Sunday lunch experience with top-notch service and delectable dishes in a stunning setting. The attentive staff ensures you feel well taken care of throughout your meal. The food is... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Al fresco dining
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Thursday||10:00||- 23:00|
|Friday - Saturday||10:00||- 23:45|
|Bank Holiday||11:30||- 22:30|
* Bar open as stated. Food service is available Monday to Saturday 12:00 – 20:30 | Sunday 12:00 – 20:00
Map & Directions
Access via the A1(M) J63 (Chester-le-Street), then follow the signs to Beamish Museum which is approximately 4 miles away. Beamish Hall is a further 700 yards on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Trains, Chester-le-Street, Durham or Newcastle. Bus from Chester-le-Street to Stanley.