The Stables Restaurant and Bar is a genuinely relaxing environment. Stone floors, old beams, solid furniture, crackling log fires in winter, fabulous courtyard to lounge in for summer fresco dining. The service is everything you would expect....friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable.
The wine list brings old world and new world together with an emphasis on quality. As for the food, you are in for a treat! Ingredients sourced from local farmers and producers wherever possible, all lovingly brought together to form dishes that are both traditional favourites with a contemporary twist and modern classics.
Welcome to The Stables where real hospitality is the order of the day.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good282
- Gemma RTrip Type:FamilyWhat happened??Thursday, 2nd June 2022I'll just start by saying I've been here a few times and it's always been fabulous but I don't know what went wrong today. 2nd of June we arrived, table for 6 booked. Got seated and ordered our food... Read full review
- influencedStanley, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getaway⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Sunday, 5th June 2022Fabulous greeting from the lady who sat us, great service from the staff who were very attentive, food was delicious and we were made to feel very special! Thanks very much to all your team, see you... Read full review
- patriciacK2870IVStaffordshire, United KingdomLunchWednesday, 22nd June 2022Excellent friendly staff and tasty top quality food. Beautiful location. A must when you are in the area. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Al fresco dining
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Thursday||10:00||- 23:00|
|Friday - Saturday||10:00||- 23:45|
|Bank Holiday||11:30||- 22:30|
* Bar open as stated. Food service is available Monday to Saturday 12:00 – 20:30 | Sunday 12:00 – 20:00
Map & Directions
Access via the A1(M) J63 (Chester-le-Street), then follow the signs to Beamish Museum which is approximately 4 miles away. Beamish Hall is a further 700 yards on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Trains, Chester-le-Street, Durham or Newcastle. Bus from Chester-le-Street to Stanley.