The Stables Restaurant and Bar is a genuinely relaxing environment. Stone floors, old beams, solid furniture, crackling log fires in winter, fabulous courtyard to lounge in for summer fresco dining. The service is everything you would expect....friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable.
The wine list brings old world and new world together with an emphasis on quality. As for the food, you are in for a treat! Ingredients sourced from local farmers and producers wherever possible, all lovingly brought together to form dishes that are both traditional favourites with a contemporary twist and modern classics.
Welcome to The Stables where real hospitality is the order of the day.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good282
- garryb444Newcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOutstanding serviceSunday, 30th October 2022We visited for Sunday lunch this afternoon and we were bit disappointed! We often pop in for a drink in the courtyard on a weekend but decided to go for lunch today. We didn’t book in advance but... Read full review
- mandytellynGateshead, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDisappointingFriday, 11th November 2022We booked The Stables after reviewing the menu online. As 3 of the party are vegetarians/ vegans we were impressed with the choices on the menu. Sadly the online menu was out of date and there was... Read full review
- influencedStanley, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBack AgainThursday, 17th November 2022Lovely venue! I love coming to the Stables and have been both with family and with friends. This was for a little birthday celebration where we brought a small cake. I forgot to bring candles but... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Al fresco dining
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Thursday||10:00||- 23:00|
|Friday - Saturday||10:00||- 23:45|
|Bank Holiday||11:30||- 22:30|
* Bar open as stated. Food service is available Monday to Saturday 12:00 – 20:30 | Sunday 12:00 – 20:00
Map & Directions
Access via the A1(M) J63 (Chester-le-Street), then follow the signs to Beamish Museum which is approximately 4 miles away. Beamish Hall is a further 700 yards on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Trains, Chester-le-Street, Durham or Newcastle. Bus from Chester-le-Street to Stanley.