The Stables Restaurant and Bar is a genuinely relaxing environment. Stone floors, old beams, solid furniture, crackling log fires in winter, fabulous courtyard to lounge in for summer fresco dining. The service is everything you would expect....friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable.
The wine list brings old world and new world together with an emphasis on quality. As for the food, you are in for a treat! Ingredients sourced from local farmers and producers wherever possible, all lovingly brought together to form dishes that are both traditional favourites with a contemporary twist and modern classics.
Welcome to The Stables where real hospitality is the order of the day.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good281
- MrsPMCTrip Type:CouplesBeen betterTuesday, 9th November 2021Me and hubby went for lunch. Hubby had steak and ale pie with veg and chips. He enjoyed it but there wasn’t many chips. I had fish and chips. I’ve had this before and it was fantastic. Not so good... Read full review
- P6468BAdavidmTyne and Wear, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDon’t eat hereSaturday, 20th November 2021Don’t go here for Sunday lunch it’s rubbish No vegetarian option, then told the chef could make the nut roast but it wouldn’t be roasted, it the end my wife got some stuffing as the nut roast. No... Read full review
- Andy1589Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMassive disappointmentMonday, 29th November 2021We went for a meal having heard great things about the restaurant. How disappointed I was over all. First impressions as we walked in was good regardless of only being able to get a table at 8pm... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Al fresco dining
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Thursday||10:00||- 23:00|
|Friday - Saturday||10:00||- 23:45|
|Bank Holiday||11:30||- 22:30|
* Bar open as stated. Food service is available Monday to Saturday 12:00 – 20:30 | Sunday 12:00 – 20:00
Map & Directions
Access via the A1(M) J63 (Chester-le-Street), then follow the signs to Beamish Museum which is approximately 4 miles away. Beamish Hall is a further 700 yards on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Trains, Chester-le-Street, Durham or Newcastle. Bus from Chester-le-Street to Stanley.