Built as a private stately home, the 13th Century building and grounds have been lovingly restored into a 21st century Country House Hotel without losing any of its grandeur or heritage. With stunning period features, including ornate, plasterwork ceilings, art noveau panelling, chandeliers, stained glass windows and a sweeping staircase, Beamish Hall is situated within 24-acres of rolling estate parkland.
A destination venue, Best Western Beamish Hall is a four star Country House Hotel, nestled alongside The Stables restaurant, bar and microbrewery and Beamish Wild, our very own High Ropes Course.
We are perfectly located to enjoy the treasures that the North East of England has to offer with Beamish Museum the largest open air museum is just on the door step, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Historic Durham and Sunderland city centres just a short drive away, with excellent road, rail and air links.
Whether you want to relax or be active, celebrate or focus on business, we offer you the space, peace and privacy to do it your way.
"An excellent place to stay"
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Apartment Room||£280.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Double en suite||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Twin||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|De luxe Double en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Twin||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Premier Double||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy is £10 less.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good462
- stuartshackleton2912Liverpool, United KingdomBeaming at beamish hallSaturday, 21st March 2020Great hotel with lovely staff.....the gardens need some tlc and atd but what a building ....very elegant this large historic building is outstanding architecturally and with just a little hard work... Read full review
- Elsdons2020Elsdon WeddingSunday, 29th March 2020We had the most amazing 2 days for our wedding. Both us and our family and friends were ober the moon with the effort put in to our stay from all the staff involved. We can not thank the staff... Read full review
- LynlapTrip Type:FamilyCancelled roomsThursday, 21st May 2020Beamish hall have refused to refund £200 for 4 rooms that were booked for a wedding today they have moved the rooms to 2021 without any discussion with me they are rude in emails in response to... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Access to golf course
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
From A1M Jct 63 (Chester-le-Street exit). Follow A693 towards Stanley for 4 miles (route marked with tourist signs to 'Beamish Museum'). Follow signs to museum. When facing main gate of museum, turn left and follow road for about 1 mile. Road passes Beamish Golf Club then Beamish Hall is next turning on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Chester-le-Street Railway Station. Take a taxi or bus (approximately 4 miles).