Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good304
- FamilleMacHalifax, United KingdomExcellent food and serviceThursday, 23rd December 2021What a gem of a place! Had dinner here and not disappointed. Excellent service levels and great quality food. The wine list is also of a good quality. The tables were well spaced out but it... Read full review
- Darren PNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA must for a great Sunday lunch when in Durham.Monday, 3rd January 2022Second visit to the Cellar Door. This time for Sunday lunch and once again the food and service was fantastic. Went for the Thai style scotch egg starter and the flavours were out of this... Read full review
- Sandra MLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA great disappointmentThursday, 13th January 2022My friends in Durham had done research and took us out to test the Cellar door restaurant for dinner. We are all foodies and were all disappointed. My starter was the cheese soufflé,had to be cooked... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|