This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good264
- SimonMiller47Lichfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAfternoon / late lunchMonday, 8th April 2019Was ok here, late afternoon as we had elderly Mum and Aunt, starter and Pudding great, mains...... i had steak, which i thought great, another had the duck, which was good, another had the pie... Read full review
- janetconlan101Colne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyJ ConlanFriday, 12th April 2019Stayed in Durham for a few nights, tried this restaurant, very good, steak tartar on the menu which is hard to find, excellent. My daughter had the cheese souffle as a stater and said that was... Read full review
- davidbailsIpswich, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing food!Thursday, 18th April 2019Visited Monday 15th April Amazing food, and brilliant service from Chris and the team. We chose duck, and chicken mains which were both full of flavour accompanied by an extensive wine list... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|