Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good320
- 35tiaCheshire, United KingdomPerfectSunday, 18th February 2024A wonderful experience from start to finish. Attentive and efficient staff. Food choices were broad and the presentation and favours were perfect. A very pleasant afternoon, thank you Read full review
- fiona mSunderland, United KingdomSuperbMonday, 19th February 2024Exceptional food and drink lovely atmosphere. Never let's you down staff very helpful and friendly . In a lovely building Read full review
- LidsDurhamCounty Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent Durham city centre restaurantFriday, 23rd February 2024Beautiful setting in Durham City centre. Food was excellently presented, tasted fantastic. Service was outstanding. The warm bread and whipped butter is not to be underestimated, really good. Twice... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Pets accepted - Subject to availability - pets welcome in the lower part of the restaurant.
|Season (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2024)
|Monday - Sunday