This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good289
- ElainethepainSunday tea out. Was very quiet,Sunday, 1st March 2020Sunday tea out. Was very quiet, staff very friendly and helpful. A truly wonderful dining experience. The food was amazing, it sounded amazing when I read it from the menu, it tasted amazing when it... Read full review
- 366connorcDurham, United KingdomTakeaway sunday dinnerSunday, 22nd March 2020We ordered 2 sunday dinners from the new takeaway menu, and they were delicious! We have been in self isolation for nearly a week now so it was a real treat to get some really nice restuarant food... Read full review
- Luisa BWolverhampton, United KingdomSomeone puts a lot of effort hereSaturday, 4th April 2020Enjoyed a lovely evening meal here. All our dishes were so well presented and delicious. Service brilliant Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|