This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good288
- frankiedoo15Trip Type:FamilyFantastic food!!Sunday, 5th January 2020We only nipped in for lunch, £18 for three courses is an absolute bargain! I ordered the calamari which was absolutely delicious, the sea bass was cooked perfectly and i had the cheese board for... Read full review
- adamcO4913ZTTrip Type:BusinessAbsolutely shockingMonday, 6th January 2020Had a meal here with a large group at a cost of £40 per head. They laid out four too few places and refused to accept this for 40 minutes. It took an hour to bring out bread, the starter arrived... Read full review
- Yamy66Late lunchFriday, 17th January 2020Not the first time we have been here so we called without booking on a Sat afternoon, polite staff. Decent specials menu , food was excellent. We don't don't normally go for offers but we had three... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|