Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good301
- Brendon QMuch Wenlock, England, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayHidden DelightMonday, 11th October 2021Excellent meal in a relaxed and friendly environment. Good selection of wines. Nice outdoor space too. The door / entrance hides the charms inside!! Read full review
- MytripsLincolnshireHoughton-le-Spring, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNot as good as usualMonday, 11th October 2021A bit disappointed with this visit, having been half a dozen times before. We have had both the lunch and a la carte menus before, this was the lunch menu. Our friend's steak was very grisly in... Read full review
- AnenneLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyTricky to find but worth the effort!Friday, 15th October 2021We took our son for a late lunch at Cellar Door. The entrance is narrow and down some stairs. At the bottom you find a spacious restaurant with a terrace and views of the river. We had scotch eggs... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|