This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good292
- angelacullenOrmskirk, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAnniversary weekendFriday, 11th September 2020This was the first time we’ve ventured away from home and it was our anniversary meal. We were not disappointed. Temperature check on arrival which made me feel more comfortable straight away... Read full review
- davidmG5764BITrip Type:FamilyThe Perfect MealSaturday, 12th September 2020We were a party of three. We felt very Covid Secure. The service was excellent and the venue really nice. The food was all fantastic but of special note was the Mint Sorbet with the Raspberry pudding... Read full review
- Cow62London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReally not goodFriday, 18th September 2020Lovely service but the food was just not good. Soft shell crab was very oily, sirloin was not seasoned at all and chicken supreme was flavourless. Was extremely overpriced as well with huge mark-up... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|