Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good293
- Tricia HDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFabulous LunchThursday, 19th November 2020My family and I went for set lunch menu Cellar Door choosing this restaurant because it has an outside patio area and it was a glorious sunny afternoon! We had previously only dined here for dinner... Read full review
- stevesQ9601RSDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent dinner for 2 delivered to the doorMonday, 25th January 2021Never eaten her before but based on a recommendation, we ordered a 3 course dinner and snacks on a Saturday evening. A choice of 3 staters, main course and dessert, plus a selection of excellent... Read full review
- Aislinn LDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTakeaway afternoon teaWednesday, 3rd March 2021Beautiful afternoon tea with a good variety of sweet and savoury options! Second time I've ordered an afternoon tea and will definitely order again. Perfect lockdown treat Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|