Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good311
- CLFF23Trip Type:FamilyThank you so muchSaturday, 14th January 2023We have just been here for the first time; a visit for 4 of us. What a fabulous experience. We all enjoyed each course very much and drinks complimented our food choices. Lovely touch with small... Read full review
- ChesterfoodiesDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLittle gemMonday, 16th January 2023The food here is absolutely lovely and the set lunch menus are outstanding value. We hadn't been for a while and went December 2022. Four couple, various ages and all food was excellent, as were the... Read full review
- EdgarCossetBrooklyn, New YorkTrip Type:Solo travelElegant TranquilitySaturday, 28th January 2023“You’ve picked the best restaurant in Durham,” my friend at the Cathedral said when I told him where I was going for Christmas Eve dinner before the Midnight Mass. And, indeed, I discovered the... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Subject to availability - pets welcome in the lower part of the restaurant.
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|