Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good307
- jacquelinecX2538FPDo not go here if you have food intolerances!Monday, 13th June 2022I am sure you could have a really great evening in this restaurant: however, we did not have a positive experience. The service was not particularly friendly at any point, and the person assigned to... Read full review
- xstitchcatMilton Keynes, United KingdomGorgeous foodWednesday, 15th June 2022Good choice with the help of previous TripAdvisor reviews.Food and wine was lovely, service good and a nice venue. Read full review
- thoughtfuldinerEdinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessAverageWednesday, 22nd June 2022Interesting and visually pleasing dishes, though the results were mixed (tough and dry meat in a pigeon starter, undercooked mushrooms and too much salt in a vegan main). OK service, a little slow... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Subject to availability - pets welcome in the lower part of the restaurant.
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|