Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good308
- LoveurHolsBarnet, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyClassic quality restaurantSunday, 25th September 2022Had a cracking meal with my wife. Originally I booked a table for four, but couple of days before we needed to go to O2 and that was absolutely no problem. Lovely welcome original layout and decor... Read full review
- DunCanyastopnowDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic Sunday lunch experience.Sunday, 25th September 2022Service was fantastic, attentive and friendly. The Sunday dinner was absolutely delicious. Portions where more than adequate. All 4 of us at the table cleaned our plates and the desserts did not... Read full review
- W7987ZSsuewTrip Type:CouplesDisappointing birthday mealThursday, 29th September 2022We decided to order A La Carte. We didn't order a starter. The mains ordered were Beef Wellington, which we were advised would be pink and a shoulder of lamb with a Merguez pie. We waited over 45... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Subject to availability - pets welcome in the lower part of the restaurant.
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|