Offering: A Collection & Delivery Service - (Leave a delivery and collection message via Facebook, or call 0191 3831856)
This restaurant is truly a 'blink and you'll miss it' establishment, tucked away on the main street to the cathedral. The daunting entrance leads down to a deceptively open space with floor to ceiling windows providing extensive views of the main river running through Durham and the restaurant's rear garden in which produce is grown for the dishes available. Some of the original 13th century stonework is still visible throughout the building.
There are multiple rooms and floors to provide options for private dining as well as larger group bookings. 3 terraces expand down to the river with plenty of room for outdoor dining.
The food is designed to match the relaxed dining environment, with the main focus on the use of seasonal and local produce, with menus changing monthly to reflect the freshest produce available. A 2 and 3 course set menu is available on a lunchtime and presents the opportunity for extremely good value for money, along with an a la carte menu running all day. Perfect for special occasions as well as regular relaxed dining.
Serving food from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-9.30pm Monday-Thursday and 12pm-9.30pm Friday-Sunday
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good297
- Paul_and_JanieBHarrogate, United KingdomThe main was brilliant but the starter was amazingTuesday, 27th July 2021We went for an overnight vist to Durham and came across the restaurant on TripAdvisor. Hard to find as its just a doorway but once we navigated that obsticle the welcome was really nice. We loved... Read full review
- NicholasSutcliffeExcellent cuisine which you expect to pay top price forFriday, 30th July 2021We had an excellent evening meal with high quality courses. Brilliantly cooked and prepared - value for money, but has to be for special occasion as expensive. Nice feel & good service. Each dish was... Read full review
- ChesterClaretChester, United KingdomLovely meal in a quaint locationSaturday, 31st July 2021First and foremost take your time when walking to this restaurant as it's not the easiest to find with only a small door onto the street. The stairs are a touch steep on the way down but don't be put... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted for al fresco dining.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|