Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa.
Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and close to attractions including The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle, the historic “Morritt” offers northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we’re perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day.
As a privately run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is “yes, we can” – if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
And you don’t have to stay with us to enjoy a visit to The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa – call in for afternoon tea, an excellent meal, or morning coffee.
Our luxurious spa – The Garage Spa – adjoins the hotel. It’s a building with a fascinating past, transformed from an ancient stopping station into a first-class spa. Created with imagination and luxurious rural simplicity, sumptuous decor awash with warm natural stone and timber welcomes you like an old friend. Here you'll find everything you expect from a modern spa and more including a wide range of facials, massages, wraps and scrubs.
A visit to our hotel isn’t complete without a trip to The Garage and hotel residential guests benefit from discounted use of the spa facilities. We also have a range of overnight and day spa breaks available, with offers updated frequently.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
- Arrival Date:
- Sat , 14th Dec 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sun , 15th Dec 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic/Double Twin||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Executive Double/Twin||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (2+2)||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gold Double/Twin||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good217
- espoor1990Trip Type:CouplesPoor engagement present!Wednesday, 4th December 2019Garage spa itself was lovely really enjoyed it. Massages and treatments were thoroughly enjoyed by all....we had two separate deals each couple. One were it was a £19 supplement and the other were it... Read full review
- PFSlovesfoodTrip Type:Solo travelThe Morritt: Consistently excellentWednesday, 4th December 2019It was fantastic to have the opportunity to be back at the Morritt after five years; I lived here twenty years ago and it always feels like coming home. Great staff, lovely room, well done guys... Read full review
- Curious55067622768Trip Type:Friends getawayChristmas PartyMonday, 9th December 2019We came to the Morritt for our Christmas Party and had a great time, the staff were lovely and the accommodation great. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were spotlessly clean and... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome in courtyard rooms (both upstairs). Charge of £10 per night.
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have a recycle policy and encourage guests to assist in this.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Parking by front door, restaurant table by the side or room service offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Special leaflet describing walks from our hotel, we can supply a guide. Prepare packed lunches.
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
From A66 From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 milesTwenty minutes by taxi.