Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa.
Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and close to attractions including The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle, the historic “Morritt” offers northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we’re perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day.
As a privately run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is “yes, we can” – if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
And you don’t have to stay with us to enjoy a visit to The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa – call in for afternoon tea, an excellent meal, or morning coffee.
Our luxurious spa – The Garage Spa – adjoins the hotel. It’s a building with a fascinating past, transformed from an ancient stopping station into a first-class spa. Created with imagination and luxurious rural simplicity, sumptuous decor awash with warm natural stone and timber welcomes you like an old friend. Here you'll find everything you expect from a modern spa and more including a wide range of facials, massages, wraps and scrubs.
A visit to our hotel isn’t complete without a trip to The Garage and hotel residential guests benefit from discounted use of the spa facilities. We also have a range of overnight and day spa breaks available, with offers updated frequently.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Room||from £105.00 to £145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple Room||from £105.00 to £145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin Room||from £105.00 to £145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £80
- 4 AA Stars
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good224
- gwennethvStroud, United KingdomA Dickens of a good stayTuesday, 10th March 2020The Morritt Arms is a lovely country hotel within easy reach of many charming and interesting villages and with stunning walks. The beds were extremely comfortable and the staff went out of their way... Read full review
- Atlasman1963Trip Type:FamilyWeekend stay in Co DurhamFriday, 13th March 2020Very Good. We stayed Friday and Saturday night whilst attending a wedding at Nearby Lartington Hall. I have stayed before. The hotel is a large rambling old hotel. These places take some taking care... Read full review
- Departure707809Over night stayWednesday, 18th March 2020I wasn't sure when booking here however I was pleasantly surprised. The spa facilities are just amazing, perfect for a relaxing get away without having to travel too far or pay a ridiculous amount... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome in courtyard rooms (both upstairs). Charge of £10 per night.
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have a recycle policy and encourage guests to assist in this.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Parking by front door, restaurant table by the side or room service offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Special leaflet describing walks from our hotel, we can supply a guide. Prepare packed lunches.
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
From A66 From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 milesTwenty minutes by taxi.