Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa.
Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and close to attractions including The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle, the historic “Morritt” offers northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we’re perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day.
As a privately run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is “yes, we can” – if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
And you don’t have to stay with us to enjoy a visit to The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa – call in for afternoon tea, an excellent meal, or morning coffee.
Our luxurious spa – The Garage Spa – adjoins the hotel. It’s a building with a fascinating past, transformed from an ancient stopping station into a first-class spa. Created with imagination and luxurious rural simplicity, sumptuous decor awash with warm natural stone and timber welcomes you like an old friend. Here you'll find everything you expect from a modern spa and more including a wide range of facials, massages, wraps and scrubs.
A visit to our hotel isn’t complete without a trip to The Garage and hotel residential guests benefit from discounted use of the spa facilities. We also have a range of overnight and day spa breaks available, with offers updated frequently.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 22nd Aug 2019
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 23rd Aug 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic/Double Twin||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Executive Double/Twin||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (2+2)||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gold Double/Twin||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good199
- gemmalouisecarneyDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNot impressedWednesday, 14th August 2019So the garage spa is absolutely amazing staff are lovely and treatments were perfect! The burns cottage however was a slight let down it's amazing space and amazing out door area is massively let... Read full review
- jpry0r2019Lincoln, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent stayThursday, 15th August 2019Staying at the Morritt is always a pleasure. We are well looked after (including our little dog), we are able to come and go as we please, the staff are very attentive without being over the top. The... Read full review
- yorkswriterYorkshire, EnglandTrip Type:CouplesNot perfect - but perfectly enjoyable.Sunday, 18th August 2019I booked this hotel for a midweek break to explore Durham, and was very attracted by it’s promise of luxury and old world charm. Upon arrival, we were impressed by the overall ambience of the place... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome in courtyard rooms (both upstairs). Charge of £10 per night.
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have a recycle policy and encourage guests to assist in this.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Parking by front door, restaurant table by the side or room service offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Special leaflet describing walks from our hotel, we can supply a guide. Prepare packed lunches.
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A66 From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 milesTwenty minutes by taxi.