The Morritt Hotel & Garage Spa
Tel: +44 01833 627232
Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and close to attractions including The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle, the historic “Morritt” offers a warm northern welcome and comfortable surroundings. For many years the site of a Coaching Inn the Morritt continues to offer a good stopping point for those travelling the A66 or visiting this beatuiful region of Teesdale.
A 26 bedroom hotel with traditional bar, featuring the famous Gilroy mural serves a good pint and hearty food. Our restaurant serves a seasonal menu and good traditional dishes, breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Our rooms offer comfort and a few extra amenities to make your stay extra special, all rooms have TV and Wifi access too. In the summer months our gardens offer a perfect oasis of calm to while away the afternoon.
The Garage Spa, is part of the Morritt, this can be booked as part of your stay with us, enjoy the facilites and some time to relax or indulge in a luxurious treatment to rejuvinate and revive.
There is pleny of free onsite parking and good access to local walks directly from the hotel and the Morritt has dog friendly rooms, please advise us at the time of booking.
A great place for a mini break to discover the area or perfect for a one night stay to break your journey, whatever your reason to visit, we look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Room||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple Room||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin Room||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £80
- 4 AA Stars
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good255
- Stacey UVery dated and sadMonday, 20th March 2023Sorry but most dated and saddest hotel and spa visited. We were very disappointed at the menu and food for evening meal. Slow service and a bit "Fawlty towers" with server forgetting things etc... Read full review
- Jim WStapleford, United KingdomPoor poor stayWednesday, 22nd March 2023This our second stay here. First stay was great. This stay not so good we stayed yesterday 21st march. you think of Marriott and you think posh, this wad worse than your standard travel lodge and I... Read full review
- Dania ADisappointingSaturday, 25th March 2023Be aware Room 40 of the Morritt Hotel is situated out with the hotel and behind the garage spa hence a walk outside to go for meals. We were allocated this room as a suggested feature upgrade from a... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Groups: Coach Group Coffee/Meal Stop
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome in courtyard rooms (both upstairs). Charge of £10 per night.
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have a recycle policy and encourage guests to assist in this.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Parking by front door, restaurant table by the side or room service offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Special leaflet describing walks from our hotel, we can supply a guide. Prepare packed lunches.
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Free accommodation for coach driver
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Map & Directions
From A66 From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 milesTwenty minutes by taxi.