Dining at The Morritt Country House Hotel is an experience to remember. We offer a range of menus prepared using high-quality local produce to suit all tastes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also offer a popular afternoon tea, a Dessert Club, and special events throughout the year.
Our 2 AA Rosette-awarded Gilroy's Dining Room offers a great selection of traditional dishes with a contemporary twist, and is ideal for an intimate dinner, casual evening or special occasion. Head chef Lee Stainthorpe is proud to change the menu with the seasons, producing innovative dishes with exceptional ingredients and creativity.
Your starter and main course follow a complimentary amuse bouche and some of our delicious home made warm breads served with flavoured butters. You’ll be presented with a pre-dessert to whet your appetite before you tuck into one of our pastry chef’s amazing puddings – there’s always something unusual and delicious to choose. You can also order a wonderful Anglo-French cheese selection to enjoy with another glass of wine before retiring to the lounge or to one of our individually designed guest rooms.
Food is also available in The Dickens Bar & Bistro, or can be served in the hotel gardens in summer months.
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2013
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good23
- isobel bSunderland, United KingdomLovely venue for a family get togetherSaturday, 25th August 2018Fabulous murals complement the decor. Rustic bar setting. Bar meal choices were varied. Chicken and leek pie was a firm favourite as half of us chose it! Staff quickly moved tables to ensure we could... Read full review
- james fCarlisle, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGlad to find still worth a detour to visitFriday, 17th May 2019We hadn't been for nearly 3 years, so were glad to find the Morritt Arms nearly unchanged, and still dog friendly. Being a sunny warm day we elected to sit outside. The beer was lovely, and good... Read full review
- MrsJD2007Middlesbrough, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBar area dark and uninvitingMonday, 13th April 2020We ate in Gilroys Restaurant and food was excellent so I imagine it would be good here too but the bar is really dark and not somewhere you want to be for very long. We had a drink in there Photos... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted - Dogs welcome in the bar area.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||18:30||- 20:30|
* Afternoon Tea: 15:00 - 17:00 (Pre-booking advisable)
Map & Directions
From A66 From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 miles Twenty minutes by taxi.