Dining at The Morritt Country House Hotel is an experience to remember. We offer a range of menus prepared using high-quality local produce to suit all tastes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also offer a popular afternoon tea, a Dessert Club, and special events throughout the year.
Our 2 AA Rosette-awarded Gilroy's Dining Room offers a great selection of traditional dishes with a contemporary twist, and is ideal for an intimate dinner, casual evening or special occasion. Head chef Lee Stainthorpe is proud to change the menu with the seasons, producing innovative dishes with exceptional ingredients and creativity.
Your starter and main course follow a complimentary amuse bouche and some of our delicious home made warm breads served with flavoured butters. You’ll be presented with a pre-dessert to whet your appetite before you tuck into one of our pastry chef’s amazing puddings – there’s always something unusual and delicious to choose. You can also order a wonderful Anglo-French cheese selection to enjoy with another glass of wine before retiring to the lounge or to one of our individually designed guest rooms.
Food is also available in The Dickens Bar & Bistro, or can be served in the hotel gardens in summer months.
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good24
- residentemmettSowerby Bridge, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSo disappointingSaturday, 1st July 2023Inedible fish and chips, very small fish, horrendously overdone chips, with a nasty fatty aftertaste. £18.25 each! We were staying in the hotel for 2 nights, but decided not to eat there the second... Read full review
- lizziedee55Trip Type:Friends getawayGem of a placeThursday, 7th September 2023Glad we didn't read any review before we visited, otherwise we might have missed this gem of a pub/restaurant. Food was absolutely first class, and plenty of it. If you opt for the Ox cheeks... Read full review
- A2014JEjasonlDalton-on-Tees, United KingdomOnly just worthy of poor.Monday, 20th November 202312 months ago it was average, but priced accordingly. Now it is very expensive and very poor. £22 for a Sunday lunch is perfectly acceptable if the quality and standards are top notch. Unfortunately... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted - Dogs welcome in the bar area.
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Oct 2022 - 31 Jan 2025)|
|Monday - Saturday||18:30||- 20:30|
* Afternoon Tea: 15:00 - 17:00 (Pre-booking advisable)
Map & Directions
From A66 From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 miles Twenty minutes by taxi.