A beautiful country hotel the 4 star Redworth Hall Hotel is perfectly located for holidays and short breaks to Durham and Darlington. This Jacobean Manor House hotel which dates back to 1693 is situated just off the A1(M) only 8 miles from Darlington and 20 miles from Durham City. Sitting in 26 acres of stunning woodland Redworth Hall Hotel is ideal for a relaxing country break, and offers a superb location for exploring Durham city and the surrounding area.
This hotel boasts 143 bedrooms including 34 contemporary Deluxe Spa rooms featuring spa baths and multi-jet showers. Dating back to 1693, the Jacobean styled Redworth Hall has an interesting history being home to various members of the Crosier and Surtees families until 1950. The hall retains many of its original features, namely the magnificent galleried Baronial Great Hall and ornate spiral stone staircase. Dine in Restaurant 1744 or relax in the bar with the drink.
To complete your luxury stay at Redworth Hall Hotel, let us pamper you in the hotel’s Beauty Rooms which offer a wide range of spa and beauty treatments, the hotel also has its own Hair Salon for a complete pampering experience. Open to hotel guests and local members alike, the Health Club at Redworth Hall Hotel offers a range of facilities including an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, recently refurbished gym, fitness studio for classes and outdoor tennis courts.
Redworth Hall Hotel is ideally located to use as base to explore Durham, Darlington or even Newcastle. Visit beautiful Durham city and see the 900 year old Cathedral and Durham Castle, or explore the great outdoors in the Durham Dales. Nearby you’ll also find Raby Castle and The Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle. For a day at the races Sedgefield and Catterick Bridge Racecourses are within 18 miles of the hotel.
Venture a little further and you can spend a day out at Beamish Open Air Museum which is great for all the family, or visit the cosmopolitan city of Newcastle.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 26th Aug 2019
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 27th Aug 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe House Room||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Spa Room||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family Room||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Room||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Room||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Spa Room||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1357
- jul8603Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA bit of a worrying startThursday, 22nd August 2019On arriving, the saying first impressions came to mind unfortunately after seeing the beautiful hall it wasn't followed up by the check in. We arrived earlier than our check in as we had spa... Read full review
- 95GraemePeterlee, United KingdomWonderful spa and hotel !Thursday, 22nd August 2019What an amazing place, lovely room, fantastic food and great spa, we will be back very soon! Enjoyed 2 trips to the pool and steam room, sauna and gym, very relaxing and very pleasant staff who very... Read full review
- traveller_benjiUKTrip Type:FamilyDisappointing!Friday, 23rd August 2019From driving to the entrance the hotel lives up to its website image, whereas inside is a different story. Tired, dated, lacking attention (rusty fixtures needing replacement); at least in the main... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 300 Complimentary Car Parking
- Pets accepted - £15 dog supplement
- WiFi Available - Complimentary WiFi
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 58, A1(M), take the A68 towards Corbridge. At the 1st roundabout take the second exit onto the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. At the 2nd roundabout take the 2nd exit following the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. the hotel is located on the left hand side. Free parking is available for up to 300 cars.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 8 miles Follow signs to Bishop Auckland. Then from A68 follow road directions and signs to Redworth Hall Hotel.