My Way is a new fully refurbished beautiful detached house just outside Durham City set in large gardens with stunning views for our guests to enjoy during their stay. Our 4 en-suite modern boutique style rooms are available to book either separately or all together for groups who would prefer exclusive access.
We are located adjacent to a network of footpaths, cycle paths and bridle ways, making it an ideal place for people who enjoy the outdoors. We are also very close to a range of pubs, restaurants, shops, banks and attractions. Durham Cathedral, Castle, University and Railway Station are only 2.3 miles from the house - only 5-10 minutes by car.
We are extremely flexible and will do our best to accommodate guest requirements. We will happily store bikes and equipment, welcome well behaved dogs, cater for food allergies/ intolerance and may be able to accommodate guests who wish to bring their horses!
Prices range from £60 for a single room to £95 for our largest king size room with travel cot and folding single bed. We can offer reduced rates for guests booking multiple rooms and for longer stays or guests who do not require breakfast.
Feel free to get in touch to discuss availability and prices.
My Way is in a prime location for you to use as your base to explore our beautiful countryside, from excellent walks and cycle tracks within minutes of the house, to places of interest such as Beamish Museum, The Angel of the North, Hadrian's Wall, Durham Cathedral and Castle, Alnwick Gardens, The MetroCentre shopping complex, plus many more.
The tastefully furnished conservatory and breakfast room is an ideal place to start your day with breakfast included in the room price. The guest house has a raised newly built decking area with patio furniture which overlooks the garden and open countryside.
Whether you are looking for a last minute vacation, tourism or business accommodation, you will enjoy a very warm and friendly welcome and hopefully return to stay with us again.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Aiden Twin Ensuite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Bede Double en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Cuthbert King/family room||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Oswald Single en suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*The Aiden room (twin room with en suite shower and bath) and the Bede room (king size bed with en suite shower) have an adjoining lockable door and can be booked together by families with young children.
The Cuthbert room is our largest room and we can provide a travel cot and/or single fold out bed if required at a small extra fee. This room has an en suite bathroom with a bath and shower.
The Oswald room is a single room with a standard size (3ft single bed). This room has an en suite shower.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Juani CProvince of Castellon, SpainTrip Type:CouplesLa mejor opción en DurhamWednesday, 8th May 2019Desde el calido recibimiento por parte del dueño, todo es fantástico en este B&B. La habitación amplia: el baño nuevo; el desayuno permite empezar el día con energía... Recomiendo pedir la habitación... Read full review
- Deborah TBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFirst classSunday, 12th May 2019Stayed here just for 1 night but wished it had been more.such a beautiful place .room was top class the owners are such lovely people and the setting was divine.close to a lovely little pub and so... Read full review
- Boroboy1963Middlesbrough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSuper placeMonday, 24th June 2019Lovely location. Fabulous views. Lovely room and excellent hosts. Will visit again. Ideal for access to the city. Woodland walks and the ideal place to chill. The rooms are modern and a large... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Pets accepted
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) take A690 to Durham. Follow signs to Crook keeping on A690 through Durham. Over major traffic lights (Nevilles Cross) down bank to mini roundabout. Turn right onto B6302. At the end of Broompark Village turn left next to the small green public footpath sign onto a gravel driveway. The house will be directly ahead of you with a black front door.
Public Transport Directions
Bus and railway Station in Durham City.