Honest Lawyer Hotel
Tel: +44 0191 378 3780
A warm welcome awaits you at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, just 3 miles from Durham City, home to a World Heritage Site Cathedral in a county of contrasts.
Set close to the banks of the River Wear, our unique hotel offers a comfortable stay in rural surroundings with Durham’s history, arts, culture and shopping just minutes away. We pride ourselves on our individuality, and our friendly staff, most of whom are from the local area, offer the kind of genuine welcome for which the North East is known.
All our 51 individual bedrooms are furnished in calm, contemporary style to provide a peaceful haven and a restful night's sleep. Bedrooms are offered on a room only basis and our sumptuous full English and continental breakfast is served daily in Bailey's restaurant in the main hotel building.
The hotel is also ideally located for those who are exploring everything that County Durham has to offer. We're located on one of the Northern Saints trails, known as The Way of Life, and we're a gateway for stargazers who are visiting the area to see the stars at Durham's Dark Sky Discovery Sites in the Durham Dales and North Pennines AONB.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 9th June 2023
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 10th June 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Courtyard Double en suite||£69.00 per person (room only)|
|Courtyard Twin en suite||£69.00 per room (room only)|
|Four Poster Room||£79.00 per room (room only)|
|Triple en suite||£89.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good444
- Ben27_13County DurhamTrip Type:CouplesA pleasing visitSunday, 30th April 2023Great customer service (friendly and helpful), nice smooth pints of Guinness, amazing tasty food (we had scampi and a chicken parmo), clean and fairly priced! No reservation for the table just walked... Read full review
- Thia CHaversham, United KingdomProblems with Disabled room 46Thursday, 18th May 2023The staff are great - the food was excellent - the Disabled Room (#46) was LETHAL! We had the first fright, when the shower was scalding hot. We reported it and it was corrected. The bathroom... Read full review
- pandorabeCopenhagen, DenmarkHamburgers are excellent at the Honest LawyerWednesday, 31st May 2023Room 56 is a charming if old world room. The bed was a good size but the mattress was uneven and needs to be replaced. The room faces a busy highway and the traffic is relentless. At least the... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|