A warm welcome awaits you at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, just 3 miles from Durham City, home to a World Heritage Site Cathedral in a county of contrasts.
Set close to the banks of the River Wear, our unique hotel offers a comfortable stay in rural surroundings with Durham’s history, arts, culture and shopping just minutes away. We pride ourselves on our individuality, and our friendly staff, most of whom are from the local area, offer the kind of genuine welcome for which the North East is known.
All our 51 individual bedrooms are furnished in calm, contemporary style to provide a peaceful haven and a restful night's sleep. Bedrooms are offered on a room only basis and our sumptuous full English and continental breakfast is served daily in Bailey's restaurant in the main hotel building.
The hotel is also ideally located for those who are exploring everything that County Durham has to offer. We're located on one of the Northern Saints trails, known as The Way of Life, and we're a gateway for stargazers who are visiting the area to see the stars at Durham's Dark Sky Discovery Sites in the Durham Dales and North Pennines National Landscape.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 29th Nov 2023
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 30th Nov 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Courtyard Double en suite||£69.00 per person (room only)|
|Courtyard Twin en suite||£69.00 per room (room only)|
|Four Poster Room||£79.00 per room (room only)|
|Triple en suite||£89.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good446
- Sightseer52660053251Bishop Auckland, United KingdomSeems to have been lots of changes!!Saturday, 14th October 2023We have been to the honest lawyer alot previously but the lunch menu has changed, prices gone up, weren't made welcome,food came out in two parts and our dog always got a sausage and water this time... Read full review
- splashy95York, United KingdomThe most soulless place in DurhamSunday, 19th November 2023I've stayed here over the years, unfortunately it seems to be going downhill. I would have booked a room here Sat night but they inflated their prices because of durham lumiere so I stayed somewhere... Read full review
- Pbf22Fleetwood, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent Staff, but avoid room 53Tuesday, 21st November 2023First of all, I have nothing but praise for the staff. They are all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Secondly breakfast is served freshly cooked & arrives hot. Unfortunately, the room... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|