The experienced, professional staff in the official Visitor Contact Centre for Durham all have excellent product knowledge of the area and will help you to plan your visit, provide information on where to stay and give you ideas for things to see and do to make your holiday or short break perfect. Whether you're visiting city, coast or countryside, you're sure of a warm welcome in this beautiful part of the North East of England.
Please note: the Visitor Contact Centre is not open to the public for face to face enquiries.
Durham City is a perfect place for a city break, with the World Heritage Site Castle and Cathedral, Durham is a beautiful little city with winding cobbled streets packed with history, culture and stunning architecture.
If you want to get away from the bustling city try a break in the Durham Dales, made up of Teesdale and Weardale, - a peaceful, rich and varied landscape of moors and hills, valleys and meandering rivers and perfect for walking and getting away from it all. Dotted with picturesque villages and market towns, the Durham Dales is also home to the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
You can experience the colourful and dramatic landscape of Durham’s Heritage Coast with its beaches, rugged cliffs and magnificent flora and fauna or visit the Vale of Durham a diverse landscape home to bustling towns, historic treasures and sporting greats.
- Visit England VisitEngland Award for Excellence Bronze 2016
- Accommodation Booking Service
- Route Planning Service
- Travel Information Service
- Visitor Information Service
|2022 (2 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Friday||09:00||- 17:00*|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed*|
* Please note: the Visitor Contact Centre is not open to the public for face to face enquiries. You can ring us on 03000 262626 or text 'Visit' and your name to 80011Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change