Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good21
- Stevefos82Gateshead, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesUnbelievable experience!Sunday, 4th August 2019My girlfriend bought me a 15,000ft tandem skydive for my birthday. The instructors and centre are first class. Can't praise everybody there enough for an amazing day. Dave especially who was my... Read full review
- Wheels1987Darlington, United KingdomAmazing experience! - 3rd August 2019Friday, 9th August 2019Took part in a 15,000ft tandem skydive last weekend. Before I enquired about it, I wasn't aware I could do a skydive as a disabled person myself but after a chat about what was required of me... Read full review
- Dazmitch1Trip Type:Solo travelFantastic experienceFriday, 23rd August 2019Fantastic would highly recommend. Really enjoyed my first sky diving experience. My instructor Will was brilliant Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.