Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||£44.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good21
- leonijademTrip Type:Friends getawaywhat an amazing dayWednesday, 8th July 2020I did my first tandem jump today at 15000 feet. My instructor Billy was amazing and made sure I had the best experience ever. He was very calming, fun and informative. He literally made my day. Fab... Read full review
- Mark ILeeds, United KingdomFabulousWednesday, 8th July 2020Fabulous. This was my second tandem skydive and it was every bit as exhilarating, astonishing, terrifying and euphoric as the first. Dave my instructor was excellent and very clear, and the tight... Read full review
- LMeldrum1Trip Type:FamilyPhenomenal experience!! Charity jump for MINDFriday, 10th July 2020I did my first ever tandem skydive yesterday and it was absolutely incredible. Bryn my instructor was funny, calming and a great person to be around when the nerves kicked in. Being my first jump I... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.