Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- rachel bTrip Type:Solo travelAmazing experience for my 30th birthdayWednesday, 23rd May 2018I decided to do a tandem skydive for my 30th birthday in aid of Macmillan cancer research. It was an amazing experience with excellent staff!!! Raised over £1000 And couldn't be happier with the... Read full review
- CJHulb85Middlesbrough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTandem parachute jumpMonday, 21st May 2018Amazing experience! I did my first jump on Sunday having wanted to experience a skydive for a number of years. It certainly lived up to expectations and is something I'll remember always. The... Read full review
- LMW677Darlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayTandem parachute jumpSunday, 20th May 2018Did my first jump today, amazing, I loved it! Weather was perfect and it all went really smoothly. Staff and instructors were great, big thanks to Chris for keeping me right and landing safely, don't... Read full review
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.