Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||£44.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good21
- ronpage2Sunderland, United KingdomGreat experienceSunday, 22nd March 2020Just jumped out of plane with dave my instructor from 15000 feet it was the experience of a lifetime would recommend it to anyone great staff easy instructions outstanding Read full review
- KimberleyB154London, United KingdomWonderful experience!Sunday, 22nd March 2020Had a fantastic day! We were very lucky with the weather and we were seen, trained, and had done our skydiving within a couple of hours. The staff were all very friendly before and after our booking... Read full review
- Goat_Eyes1Sunderland, United KingdomOut of the world!Wednesday, 25th March 2020I received the sky dive as a birthday present and it is something i have been looking forward to doing for a long time. It didn't disappoint. The communication with the centre was clear, concise... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.