Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good21
- DaveB4458Trip Type:CouplesTandem SkydiveFriday, 25th October 2019My partner and I both did tandem jumps. The idea came from a mixture of reasons - 30th birthday celebrations and also a treat to myself for completing chemotherapy. Dan was a great instructor who was... Read full review
- Nat3412Trip Type:Solo travelSkydiveSaturday, 26th October 2019Today me and my dad did a skydive for clic Sargent. Honestly best experience of my life. My instructor Dave was lovely, calmed my nerves and just kept on talking to me about what was going on. If you... Read full review
- follllyNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelTandem jump for Children with Cancer charityMonday, 28th October 2019Recently visited to jump for charity, the whole day was run expertly, with clear instruction on what was going to happen and when. Dave, who I jumped with, was very professional but also put you at... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.