Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good17
- Eve TTrip Type:Friends getawayExhilerating and life changing!Tuesday, 28th November 2017First ever tandem skydive at 15,000ft was the most exciting, frightening, fabulous thing I've ever done! I started out this year literally unable to board a plane alone, and terrified of heights and... Read full review
- Jessica BNorthallerton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySafe and At Ease!Saturday, 25th November 2017Today 2 friends and myself jumped at 15,000! We did this for Age UK and had the most AMAZING EXPERIENCE from start to finish! The whole team from training to the take off in the plane and jump were... Read full review
- chellel1979Out of this worldSaturday, 25th November 2017Today has been one hell of an amazing day I can not thank Dave enough this guy is top dollar, made me feel so welcome and safe in the sky, the camera man did fantastic, more would only ever do this... Read full review
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.