Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good20
- Mike210986Trip Type:CouplesAmazing place and peopleSunday, 24th February 2019Went to the parachute centre today with my partner as she had bought me a tandom jump as an anniversary gift. Have to say it was the most amazing thing I have ever done hands down! Got unlucky the... Read full review
- Emma WTrip Type:Friends getawayAn amazing experience tandem skydivingMonday, 25th February 2019My brother and I thoroughly enjoyed our day here. It is very well organised, everyone is so friendly, and I found the correspondence excellent in the lead up to the jump day. We couldn't jump on our... Read full review
- flightbag001Newcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:Couples15,000 feet tandem skydiveMonday, 4th March 2019I had this as a seventieth birthday present. Not a surprise. I requested it. My wife came along to watch and once she had seen a few solo and tandem jumpers land, she was not worried about my safety... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.