Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good20
- marie_hogg456JEDBURGHTrip Type:Solo travelCharity jump for ERI oesophageal cancer endowment fund.Sunday, 18th November 2018Jumped on 17th November. This is the most amazing experience. Staff are all excellent, making sure all is perfect for you to jump, a big thanks to all staff, especially Charlie. If I do this again... Read full review
- Melissa MTrip Type:FamilyMy skydive 24/11/18Monday, 26th November 2018What a brilliant experience and very helpful staff.thank you so much Dave for being my brilliant skydiving partner.loved every minute of jumping for mind in memory of my brother.cant wait to come... Read full review
- Q9171KRjuliamBedlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelSurprise 60th Birthday present.Wednesday, 28th November 2018Where do i start.What a great Morning.Had training first went into things you must do and not what to do .Explained in detail what would happen ..First time low cloud so jump was cancelled for... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.