Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good19
- Ian STrip Type:Solo travelWelcome to Skydiving!Thursday, 9th August 2018I had an awesome time doing a tandem jump with Dave from Peterlee Parachute Centre! Everyone I met was really friendly and chill. There was banter aplenty. Dave made me feel comfortable, safe and... Read full review
- peterovjarrowjarrow tyne and wearTrip Type:FamilySkydive for St. Bernard trustWednesday, 8th August 2018Today was the most amazing day of my life,tandem skydive with Danny and the beautiful lady with the camera sorry I forgot your name ,2 most professional skydivers made my day amazing with their... Read full review
- Kevin CLeicester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAwesome day, very well looked after, amazing experience.Thursday, 2nd August 2018What an amazing day from start to finish. Very friendly staff, felt very well looked after. Good professional attitude with lots of smiles, exactly what you need when you are jumping out of a plane... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.