Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good20
- Helen CTrip Type:Solo travelSkydiving experienceWednesday, 17th October 2018Staff are professional and courteous. Training was thorough and in-depth. I did my training and skydive on 2 different days, due to my original day being cancelled due to the weather, however staff... Read full review
- SpeedwaystarsTrip Type:CouplesWhat a thrill!Monday, 1st October 2018How can I describe something I never thought I would do? It was an excellent adventure and what a thrill. The place is quite well hidden and our satnav took us to a street one up from where we... Read full review
- AndyG1525Trip Type:CouplesTandem skydiveSunday, 30th September 2018Amazing experience, excellent staff professional, friendly and made the day all the better. Big thumbs up for Dave who was my instructor had an excellent jump and will definitely dive again soon Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- In countryside
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.