**The museum is currently closed for site maintenance and our yurts are not currently available for booking. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause**
Refurbished in 2016, Killhope is a multi award winning Victorian lead mining museum offering a great day out for the family. Guided mine tours, working water wheel, original machinery, exhibitions, workshops, family events, performances, stunning scenery, Yurt hires, shop and cafe.
Special events take place throughout the year with normal admission prices applying. Check the website for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Annual Pass||£13.50 per ticket type|
|Adult Day Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Annual Pass||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession Day Pass||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family Annual Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£37.00 per ticket type|
|Family Day Pass (2 adults & 2 concessions max)||£25.00 per ticket type|
|Under 4's||£1.00 per ticket type|
Charges for activities are additional.
*Concessions include - children aged 4-16, over 60's, students, unemployed and disabled allowance. **Under fours are unable to go on the mine tour.
Killhope annual passes are valid for 12 months from your first visit for an unlimited number of visits.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Gold 2017
- Visit England Code of Practice 2017
- Visit England Visitengland Hidden Gem 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good41
- kathyhaygarthHawes, United KingdomTrip Type:Family1sr visit would return but only if the lady on reception wasn’t on!Wednesday, 28th August 2019As a group of 10 we visited today. Upon arrival the lady on reception was very rude, unwelcoming and we seemed to be an inconvenience. She tutted at everything. Thankfully Bridget the tour guide... Read full review
- Judith TDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDay outWednesday, 28th August 2019We went intending to spend a xouple of hours but ended uo being the last on site. Staff friendly and knowledgeable, cafe nice and clean. We will be returning again. Read full review
- MERandGCRReading, United KingdomDidn't Get In As Access Was ClosedFriday, 27th September 2019Sorry to have to give a bad review, but this is for the benefit of anyone who - like us - drove for an hour to go, only to be thwarted due to the access being closed due to heavy rain. For the... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - On a lead.
|2021 (1 Apr 2021 - 3 Nov 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:30||- 17:00|
* Now closed from 28 Oct until 1st April 2019
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A69. Take the A689 road, Killhope is situated between Alston and Stanhope.
Public Transport Directions
Traveline 0871 200 22 33 for general transport information. Weardale Motor Services run a regular bus service through Weardale. Normally this terminates at Cowshill, 2.5 miles east of Killhope, but certain summer services will run to Killhope by request. Please contact Weardale Motor Services for details and booking tel: 01388 528235 for details. If you arrive by this bus we'll give you a 10% 'Green Discount' on your entry fee! If you come on your bike you'll get a 10% 'Green admission discount' Look out for the roof of england Sunday bus through out the summer 2013 season