**Following the recent government announcement made on Monday 4 January 2021, Durham Cricket are updating their operational activities with immediate effect. Please visit our website for full update - https://www.durhamcricket.co.uk/news-and-media/durham-cricket-update-following-government-lockdown/**
Durham County Cricket Club was established in 1882 and celebrated its 21st anniversary as a First Class County in 2013. Now known as the Emirates Riverside Cricket Ground, it hosted its first ever Ashes Test match in the same year.
Emirates Riverside is a world class sporting and music venue which regularly attracts visitors from all over the world. The complex, which in addition to being, the home of Durham County Cricket Club, includes Austins Bar which is open on match days only, and a Learning Centre which is located on the ground floor of the Media and Education Centre.
In 2010 the Club signed a ground breaking sponsorship agreement with Emirates Airlines, with the company committing to be Main Club Sponsor, including stadium naming rights, for six years. A ceremony unveiling the new ground name, after a nationwide competition open to the public for their suggestions, was held on Friday 4 June where it was revealed that Durham CCC's ground would be re-named Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground (Emirates Durham ICG or Emirates Durham).
In 2016 the Club and Emirates extended their contract for another seven years and on the Tuesday 23rd Februray it was revlealed the ground would be re-named Emirates Riverside.
Emirates Riverside also has fabulous Meeting and Events facilities, which can cater for up to 300 guests and is the perfect venue for any business meetings or any of life’s special occasions.
Click here (https://www.thisisdurham.com/inspire-me/short-break-ideas/cricket-in-durham/fixtures-and-events) to view the latest fixtures and events (apart from the Cricket World Cup Matches) taking place at the Riverside Ground in 2019.
Prices according to fixtures. Please rin box office to book tickets 0844 499 4466
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good17
- Gary PRochdale, United KingdomEngland World Cup NZTuesday, 30th July 2019Recent visit to Durham for the World Cup. Absolute brilliant day, the result of course, but what a fantastically well organised place. Beautiful ground Read full review
- CockneyBrumWorcestershire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyOutrageous Parking Fee For Tears For FearsMonday, 5th August 2019Although the band were in good form (same old set list though - yawn), our first impression of the club with it's rip-off parking pricing didn't get our evening off to a great start. It was an... Read full review
- Q3879YQmichaelcChester-le-Street, United KingdomPA system awfulSunday, 18th July 2021As a DCCC season ticket holder I go to the ground regularly and prefer to sit in the Durham County stand. For 4-day games there are no food or drink facilities at that side and the PA system is... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Friday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
* Open Monday - Friday 9.00-17.00 during the season. Opening times on matchdays vary according to fixtures. Please see website for details.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). Take the A1(M), leaving at jct 63 and follow the signs for Riverside.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Chester-le-Street. Riverside is signposted from Chester-le-Street station. Travel Planner - www.traveline.org.uk or www.transportdirect.co.uk