Durham Cathedral Towers
Enjoy spectacular views of the historic city of Durham and the surrounding countryside by climbing the cathedral’s Central Towers.
Make a climb up the towers, the high point of your visit to Durham Cathedral.
Visitors can conquer the 325 steps and enjoy unrivalled views over historic Durham City and surrounding countryside. Visitors can also get a close up look at the recently-completed restoration work after reopening June 2019.
To check when the tower is open contact the visitor desk, open Mondays to Saturdays 9.30am - 16:30 and Sunday 12.30pm - 16.30, by emailing email@example.com or 0191 338 7178
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Child 8-17||£2.50 per ticket type|
Tickets are available from the visitor desk inside the Cathedral. To check the tower opening please call the visitor desk on 0191 338 7178, between 09.30 - 16:30 Mon to Sat and 12.30 - 16:30 on Sunday. Lines are busy during peak visitor times, so alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets for the central tower cannot be pre-booked or booked online. Tickets for the north-west tower cannot be booked online.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1201
- JoeHettonHeaton, United KingdomStand in awe!Thursday, 30th April 2020I have lived near Durham for many years now but never tire of popping into the cathedral just to stand in the central aisle and soak up the mastery of the masons. The columns of stone supporting the... Read full review
- MilespergallonTrip Type:FamilyMr Cummings visitTuesday, 26th May 2020Well worth the 260 mile midnight drive in my trusty land rover that does 275 miles to the gallon Kind Regards Dom Read full review
- CarolG900Stockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely place to visitMonday, 6th July 2020In Durham for the day and wanted to visit the Cathedral. They also have Open Treasure exhibition on so paid to see this as well. Cathedral is lovely. Just walking around it is so peaceful. The... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|North West Tower (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Friday - Saturday||10:30||- 10:30|
|Central Tower (1 June 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 16:00|