Derwent Waterside Park is a place that captures your imagination and lets it run wild, for you to make your perfect day out.
Try the beautiful reservoir walk that showcases the views across the water and surrounding landscapes, giving you the perfect atmosphere to reconnect with your loved ones or yourself.
Enjoy a family lunch at one of the picnic areas and relax while the kids run around and let loose in the play park. You could even try the new self-serving cafe, offering quality tea and coffee, sandwiches, pastries and cakes.
There is an abundance of wildlife for you to see amongst the pretty wild flowers and the things you can discover are forever changing with the seasons, so you can visit time and time again.
Let yourself become so immersed at our Waterside Parks that you never want to leave!
Facilities and activities include:
- Play park
- Any method fishing
- Fishing lessons
- Visitor Centre
- Parking (fees apply for non-anglers)
- Picnic areas
- Circular/reservoir walks
- Wildlife including red kites, fishing ospreys, rabbits, stoats and weasels
- Dog running field
- Easter/summer activity days
- Special events calendar such as Tour of the Reservoir cycle race
Please see Derwent Waterside Fishery listing for costings
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (charge)
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- All Year
- Family Fun
|Derwent Waterside Park Visitor Centre (4 Jan 2019 - 28 Feb 2020)|
* Open 8.00am weekdays, 7.00am weekends and bank holidays