The Undercroft Restaurant is located off the west Cloister and offers a selection of homemade snacks and meals in a beautiful medieval space.
It is open 10.00am to 4.30pm every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
A lunchtime menu is served between midday and 2.00pm, featuring a wide range of hot and cold favourites including local sourced produce and ingredients, which are used whenever possible. The Undercroft Restaurant is proud to holds a Taste Durham award in recognition of its support of local food producers.
The Undercroft Restaurant also has a great range of hot and cold drinks with freshly brewed bean to cup coffee and Brew Tea Company tea which is perfect with one of our delicious homemade Durham cakes.
We also offer a fantastic range of children's hot and cold meals and kids lunch activity boxes so bring your little ones along for a delicious lunch and afternoon treat.
The Restaurant can also be used for private functions outside of usual opening hours, catering for a wide range of occasions with a variety of menus. Individual requirements can be accommodated with bespoke menus and choices.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 386 3721 for further information. For venue hire enquiries, please contact email@example.com or venue-elior.co.uk
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- GrandmasticksTrip Type:CouplesWonderful valueSaturday, 21st July 2018Having inspected the Lego model of the cathedral (worth a visit), we had a delicious ham and cheese roll and pot of tea for lunch. They also had really fresh salads on offer and very interesting... Read full review
- boydy73Darlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCafe in the CathedralSaturday, 26th January 2019A party of 17 had tour of Cathedral so before our tour of open treasure we had light lunch in cafe with 10per cent discount with open treasure tickets. It was busy we managed to find seats for... Read full review
- Mazza MDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily timeMonday, 22nd April 2019We had afternoon tea week after mothering Sunday. 4 adults and two children.We enjoyed it apart from i myself i do not have a sweet tooth as much as the rest of the family So if they had been maybe... Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:30|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:30|
* Closed good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Map & Directions
It is recommended that visitors to Durham Cathedral use public transport or walk to top of the Durham Peninsula.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via Durham Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the rail station. For timetable call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.