The Undercroft Restaurant is located off the west Cloister and offers a selection of homemade snacks and meals in a beautiful medieval space.
It is open 10.00am to 4.30pm every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
A lunchtime menu is served between midday and 2.00pm, featuring a wide range of hot and cold favourites including local sourced produce and ingredients, which are used whenever possible. The Undercroft Restaurant is proud to holds a Taste Durham award in recognition of its support of local food producers.
The Undercroft Restaurant also has a great range of hot and cold drinks with freshly brewed bean to cup coffee and Brew Tea Company tea which is perfect with one of our delicious homemade Durham cakes.
We also offer a fantastic range of children's hot and cold meals and kids lunch activity boxes so bring your little ones along for a delicious lunch and afternoon treat.
The Restaurant can also be used for private functions outside of usual opening hours, catering for a wide range of occasions with a variety of menus. Individual requirements can be accommodated with bespoke menus and choices.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 386 3721 for further information. For venue hire enquiries, please contact email@example.com or venue-elior.co.uk
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- Will RLuton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWelcome breakSaturday, 3rd February 2018After walking around the Cathedral you need the comfort break. Here it is, they have a nice selection of cakes and biscuits, also a selection of hot meals, all in pleasant surroundings. But as with... Read full review
- John DTrip Type:CouplesNot at their bestSaturday, 2nd September 2017Visited Open Treasure Exhibition and then had afternoon tea at the restaurant. Cherry fruit fruit slice was dry and lacked flavour. Wife's plain scone resembled a crumbling clay brick; very dry and... Read full review
- CarrigeenYorkshireYorkshireLovely atmosphere and friendly staffTuesday, 18th April 2017Very nice place to have a snack or lunch after a freezing cold day in the City. Loved the Athedral and the lunch here was just what we needed. Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:30|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:30|
* Closed good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Map & Directions
It is recommended that visitors to Durham Cathedral use public transport or walk to top of the Durham Peninsula.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via Durham Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the rail station. For timetable call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.