The Undercroft Restaurant is located off the west Cloister and offers a selection of homemade snacks and meals in a beautiful medieval space.
It is open 10.00am to 4.30pm every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
A lunchtime menu is served between midday and 2.00pm, featuring a wide range of hot and cold favourites including local sourced produce and ingredients, which are used whenever possible. The Undercroft Restaurant is proud to holds a Taste Durham award in recognition of its support of local food producers.
The Undercroft Restaurant also has a great range of hot and cold drinks with freshly brewed bean to cup coffee and Brew Tea Company tea which is perfect with one of our delicious homemade Durham cakes.
We also offer a fantastic range of children's hot and cold meals and kids lunch activity boxes so bring your little ones along for a delicious lunch and afternoon treat.
The Restaurant can also be used for private functions outside of usual opening hours, catering for a wide range of occasions with a variety of menus. Individual requirements can be accommodated with bespoke menus and choices.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 386 3721 for further information. For venue hire enquiries, please contact email@example.com or venue-elior.co.uk
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- malc1005Kettering, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMorning breakThursday, 5th September 2019We stopped here for morning tea and scones. Friendly service, good food, in a nice setting, well worth a visit. Read full review
- sheepygoldlondonTrip Type:Friends getawayGood value meal dealsWednesday, 9th October 2019We came to this self service restaurant on our Cathedral visit. Their hot food looked excellent but we just wanted a snack so I had a pre packed sandwich and bowl of soup and my wife had a sandwich... Read full review
- KuffyStaveley, United KingdomExcellent value in lovely surroundingsTuesday, 18th February 2020Good value wholesome food that uses local produce. The portions are generous and the atmosphere is relaxed with helpful staff. There was a good choice to suit all tastes. The tables were nicely... Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:30|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:30|
* Closed good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Map & Directions
It is recommended that visitors to Durham Cathedral use public transport or walk to top of the Durham Peninsula.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via Durham Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the rail station. For timetable call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.