Offering: A Collection Service - (Or call 01388 664716)
Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals including a la carte menu and Sunday Lunch.
The restaurant is licensed with draught lager and cider and a range of bottled beers, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email email@example.com or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs – David, John & Suzie.
Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .
Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good28
- ianhS6211HWWedding receptionSunday, 9th August 2020We came to this hotel after our registry office lockdown wedding with our witnesses for food,drinks and for me and my new husband to stay over in the Phoenix suite. Esther and Liam were absolutely... Read full review
- TerrypulsarTrip Type:CouplesAQUILASaturday, 22nd August 2020Me and my partner stayed in Aquila room with the hot tub. Esther and Liam went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our night, Clarke was very poilte and service was great through out the... Read full review
- V4188SYsheilarTrip Type:CouplesSheila and JasonFriday, 2nd October 2020We've stayed here a couple of times now. In September we came for 1 night for our wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Aquila suite. Absolutely immaculate the service as always is warm and friendly... Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!