Offering: A Collection Service - (Or call 01388 664716)
Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals including a la carte menu and Sunday Lunch.
The restaurant is licensed with draught lager and cider and a range of bottled beers, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email email@example.com or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs – David, John & Suzie.
Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .
Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good28
- sweetytoursBirminghamTrip Type:CouplesMidweek stopoverWednesday, 8th September 2021We only stayed 1 night but we will return, lovely & helpful staff, lots of useful information, a comfy bed & big powerful shower & a nice breakfast …. Thank you Read full review
- BushidomMAManchester, United KingdomSIMPLY EXQUISITEFriday, 10th September 2021My wife booked a weekend break here as a Birthday treat for me and to explore the surrounding areas. Esther who owns Thomas Wright House has done a superb job in creating a simply exquisite... Read full review
- sylvester7777Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat ValueThursday, 16th September 2021This hotel is great value, with a delicious breakfast. There are good choices for breakfast. The rooms are very clean and the staff are very friendly. But the restaurant is not open Monday to... Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!