Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals, Supper and Sunday Lunch. The restaurant is licensed with a range of bottled lagers, ciders & beer, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email email@example.com or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs –Simon, David and John. Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good23
- KellyAnn55Trip Type:CouplesHidden little gem!!Wednesday, 3rd July 2019Highly recommend a visit here, decor is very inviting and the service was great. Food was lovely with plenty of choice. Will definitely be back!! Read full review
- browneyedsam1Trip Type:BusinessLovely meal and stay in a lovely friendly hotelTuesday, 9th July 2019I stayed at the hotel as I was working in the area and was lucky to find this wonderful little place Seems a little underwhelming from the front, but inside beautiful little hotel My room was a... Read full review
- Kerrylou202Newton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessWow - I need to return!Sunday, 14th July 2019Sadly didn't get the opportunity to eat here but wow! Everything was amazing! Delicious coffee, SUPERB customer service and while I was visiting to set up for a function, the staff couldn't do enough... Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!