Offering: A Collection Service - (Or call 01388 664716)
Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals including a la carte menu and Sunday Lunch.
The restaurant is licensed with draught lager and cider and a range of bottled beers, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email email@example.com or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs – David, John & Suzie.
Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .
Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good30
- valc722Halifax, United KingdomA great findWednesday, 11th October 2023Stopped overnight at this lovely Hotel on our way up to Seahouses. What a gem, we'd booked Sunday lunch which was one of the best I've ever tasted. The rooms were spacious & had everything you needed... Read full review
- Karen W86th Birthday Sunday lunch.Sunday, 29th October 2023Just had Sunday lunch for my mother’s 86 Birthday. The lady who runs this establishment is just first rate. She had put a banner up and went to the trouble of buying in special requests. Please visit... Read full review
- marmaladecatMarlpool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWarm welcomeMonday, 30th October 2023Welcomed on arrival. Rooms are lovely. Exceptionally clean and warm. Beds are very comfortable. Plenty of pillows and lovely soft bedlinen. Duvets aren’t too thick, it was warm!!!Bottle of water and... Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!