Offering: A Collection Service - (Or call 01388 664716)
Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals including a la carte menu and Sunday Lunch.
The restaurant is licensed with draught lager and cider and a range of bottled beers, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email email@example.com or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs – David, John & Suzie.
Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .
Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good28
- BellxxgarthCounty Durham, United KingdomBirthday meal .Sunday, 24th July 2022Excellent excellent excellent.Esther staff and food are top quality you have to give this place a visit YOU will not be disappointed .Fish pie is to die for yum yum yum Thanks again Esther and staff... Read full review
- Amanda230689York, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous StayWednesday, 27th July 2022We had a wonderful stay here, unfortunately only one night as we were attending a function in Durham. The staff couldn’t have been more welcoming and helpful, emailing beforehand with recommendations... Read full review
- Anthony TCounty Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent food and serviceSunday, 7th August 2022Just had a fantastic Sunday Lunch with 12 of the family. Excellent food and service from all the staff. Would recommend this to anyone. Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!