Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals, Supper and Sunday Lunch. The restaurant is licensed with a range of bottled lagers, ciders & beer, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs –Simon, David and John. Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good24
- IlovelanzExcellent meal in a fabulous settingSunday, 8th September 2019The food was amazing and the service was brilliant. I love the decor in Thomas Wright House as well. Would highly recommend, this place is a gem! Read full review
- ibbo69Castleford, United KingdomAfternoon meal befor KynrenWednesday, 11th September 2019Really wanted to try here because of reviews. Really good service food was fantastic decor was good and definitely eat here again and would book to stay here if we was doing something in this area... Read full review
- Denise BInteresting find!Sunday, 15th September 2019Booked last minute and kindly accommodated for Sunday lunch - fabulous food - friendly staff - so pleased that we found this little gem! Had a quick look at some of the rooms- hot tubs! Wow! Really... Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!