Offering: A Collection Service - (Or call 01388 664716)
Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals including a la carte menu and Sunday Lunch.
The restaurant is licensed with draught lager and cider and a range of bottled beers, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs – David, John & Suzie.
Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .
Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good28
- Rob NWashington, United KingdomSuper stayWednesday, 12th January 2022We needed somewhere to stay while we had the decorators in at home. We booked for one night but it was so good we stayed for two. W e had a very cosy, comfortable room and the shower was... Read full review
- Slouise460North East England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHidden Gem!Saturday, 15th January 2022Absolutely love this hidden gem! It was a lovely family meal with excellent food and portions. Seafood linguine is my absolute favourite here! Only thing I can fault is the drinks… a few cocktails... Read full review
- Colin621Durham, United KingdomGreat food and accommodationSaturday, 15th January 2022You are guaranteed a warm welcome and friendly staff. The food and accommodation are ideal for a cosy weekend break and as a base for exploring the local area. Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!