Thomas Wright House serves food every day from 12 noon. Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Evening Meals including a la carte menu and Sunday Lunch.
The restaurant is licensed with draught lager and cider and a range of bottled beers, wines & spirits.
Last orders for meals is 8pm on Sunday; weekdays and Saturday 8.30pm. We would appreciate you booking ahead if possible – Telephone 01388 664716, email email@example.com or via our Facebook page.
Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor, many of the original features remain and we have a cosy log burning stove for those chilly winter evenings. A wonderful setting for Evening Meals & Sunday Lunch. Meals can also be served in a light airy room to the rear which opens onto a patio and grassed area with outdoor play equipment – popular with families of younger children choosing from a menu specially created for younger appetites including homemade stone baked pizzas. Afternoon Tea is usually served in our first floor bar/lounge area which has panoramic views over open countryside or in our ground floor rooms if you prefer.
We use local suppliers wherever possible and our food is all made on site by our Chefs – David, John & Suzie.
Vegetarians are well catered for, as are those with particular dietary requirements .
Should you wish to hold a private party or function we would be happy to discuss menu and room options with you.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good28
- 393clairetStockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAbsolutely amazing place!Friday, 6th March 2020What a place! We arrived to the most warmest of welcomes before being shown to our room. We’d booked the Aquila room which has its own private decking area with hot tub. The room was perfectly clean... Read full review
- thriftytraveller25Darlington, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWelcoming, spotless, great foodWednesday, 18th March 2020Stayed for one night's getaway last week. We booked the Phoenix room and we weren't disappointed!! Fabulous spa bath, comfortable bed, spotlessly clean and just lovely. We ate dinner in the... Read full review
- justus1988West Yorkshire, United KingdomEven my husband said it was good...Saturday, 21st March 2020and being a yorkshireman he doesn't say that lightly. Owing to the circumstances it was very quiet, but the food was delicious, the staff were great and the bill was very reasonable. I would heartily... Read full review
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily from 12 Noon
Sunday Lunch served until 8pm!