Thomas Wright House offers eight beautifully designed bedrooms named after constellations in honour of Thomas Wright astronomer 1711 – 1786 native of Byers Green.
There are four double rooms: one twin/ double room: one triple room: 1 suite/family room and two luxury suites.
The luxury suite, Aquila, ideal for a romantic getaway, benefits from a private terrace with outdoor furniture and Hot Tub. We are happy to serve you breakfast in this room if you wish.
Our second luxury suite Phoenix has a Double Spa Bath, Room Service too and welcome drinks upon arrival, offering a relaxing stay!
All bedrooms are en suite – bath with shower or shower only; tastefully decorated using heritage colours in keeping with the building. White wooden shutters adorn the windows.
Facilities include: fresh crisp bedding, white towels and luxury toiletries; tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, Freeview flat screen TV and Free Wi
Usual check in from 3pm; check out 11.00am – variations on request.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Aquila Suite with Hot Tub||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double En-Suite||£65.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Phoenix Suite with Spa Bath||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Short Break Packages available
- 4 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Silver 2017
- Visit England Breakfast 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good13
- Jadewood96Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomAmazing stay, definitely reccomend!Wednesday, 23rd June 2021We stayed in the Aquila room for our anniversary. The room was so spacious, every inch of the room was spotless and it was decorated for the occasion which was a lovely touch. The patio is great... Read full review
- Papa002LutonHidden gemMonday, 28th June 2021Stayed there for Two nights for a retirement party. The rooms were spotless, and the staff were great. Breakfast was very good. Will sty there next time i am up that way. Food in the evening was also... Read full review
- donna171286Trip Type:Couples10th wedding anniversary stayMonday, 26th July 2021We stayed in the aquila suite for 2 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary. The room was perfect and the food was amazing. The staff were so friendly and very helpful, we would recommend anyone to... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Cater for vegetarians
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|