Thomas Wright House offers eight beautifully designed bedrooms named after constellations in honour of Thomas Wright astronomer 1711 – 1786 native of Byers Green.
There are four double rooms: one twin/ double room: one triple room: 1 suite/family room and two luxury suites.
The luxury suite, Aquila, ideal for a romantic getaway, benefits from a private terrace with outdoor furniture and Hot Tub. We are happy to serve you breakfast in this room if you wish.
Our NEW luxury suite for 2019 Phoenix has a Double Spa Bath, Room Service, offering a relaxing stay!
All bedrooms are en suite – bath with shower or shower only; tastefully decorated using heritage colours in keeping with the building. White wooden shutters adorn the windows.
Facilities include: fresh crisp bedding, white towels and luxury toiletries; tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, Freeview flat screen TV and Free Wi
Usual check in from 3pm; check out 11.00am – variations on request.
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 20th Oct 2019
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 21st Oct 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Aquila Suite with Hot Tub||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double En-Suite||£65.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Phoenix Suite with Spa Bath||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Short Break Packages available
- 4 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Silver 2017
- Visit England Breakfast 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good13
- mwatson0801Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessPerfect stayThursday, 29th August 2019Had a wonderful stay for 2 days. I stayed in The Corvus room & the mattress was absolutely heavenly. The staff were really friendly, I must give special mention to Liam who helped me out with some... Read full review
- Gemos_BattChesterfield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRelaxing, Romantic, RetreatSunday, 22nd September 2019This beautiful little hotel on the outskirts of Durham is absolutely amazing! The photos on their website just don’t do it justice!! We booked into the Phoenix suite last minute as a stop off to... Read full review
- sharonbrewster87Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic staySunday, 6th October 2019Recently stayed overnight with my husband and 2 children. I can’t fault this place. Staff so friendly and helpful. Food excellent. Room very clean and comfortable. Will definitely book again... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Cater for vegetarians
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|