Thomas Wright House offers eight beautifully designed bedrooms named after constellations in honour of Thomas Wright astronomer 1711 – 1786 native of Byers Green.
There are four double rooms: one twin/ double room: one triple room: 1 suite/family room and two luxury suites.
The luxury suite, Aquila, ideal for a romantic getaway, benefits from a private terrace with outdoor furniture and Hot Tub. We are happy to serve you breakfast in this room if you wish.
Our second luxury suite Phoenix has a Double Spa Bath, Room Service too and welcome drinks upon arrival, offering a relaxing stay!
All bedrooms are en suite – bath with shower or shower only; tastefully decorated using heritage colours in keeping with the building. White wooden shutters adorn the windows.
Facilities include: fresh crisp bedding, white towels and luxury toiletries; tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, Freeview flat screen TV and Free Wi
Usual check in from 3pm; check out 11.00am – variations on request.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Aquila Suite with Hot Tub||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double En-Suite||£65.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Phoenix Suite with Spa Bath||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Short Break Packages available
- 4 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Silver 2017
- Visit England Breakfast 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good13
- Helenpeters1981Trip Type:FamilyLight lunchTuesday, 3rd December 2019Came for a quick lunch last Monday with my husband. We had never been before so didn’t know what to expect, but wow! The place is spotless and has such a nice atmosphere. Beautiful restaurant. The... Read full review
- SteveartsSkelmersdale, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent!Thursday, 20th February 2020Really nice small hotel, off the beaten track but very comfortable, excellent service from booking in to leaving. Evening meal was extra special ‘, very large portions, cooked quickly and perfect... Read full review
- minibr0wnWykeTrip Type:CouplesPerfect mealTuesday, 3rd March 2020Ate here during our stay at Hall Farm Cottage. Meal was perfect from start to finish. Restaurant busy but service was excellent. Scallops and duck breast were my choices & if you like banana the eton... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Cater for vegetarians
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|