Thomas Wright House offers eight beautifully designed bedrooms named after constellations in honour of Thomas Wright astronomer 1711 – 1786 native of Byers Green.
There are four double rooms: one twin/ double room: one triple room: 1 suite/family room and two luxury suites.
The luxury suite, Aquila, ideal for a romantic getaway, benefits from a private terrace with outdoor furniture and Hot Tub. We are happy to serve you breakfast in this room if you wish.
Our second luxury suite Phoenix has a Double Spa Bath, Room Service too and welcome drinks upon arrival, offering a relaxing stay!
All bedrooms are en suite – bath with shower or shower only; tastefully decorated using heritage colours in keeping with the building. White wooden shutters adorn the windows.
Facilities include: fresh crisp bedding, white towels and luxury toiletries; tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, Freeview flat screen TV and Free Wi
Usual check in from 3pm; check out 11.00am – variations on request.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Aquila Suite with Hot Tub||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double En-Suite||£65.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Phoenix Suite with Spa Bath||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Short Break Packages available
- 4 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Silver 2017
- Visit England Breakfast 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good13
- suewB7164YWDisappointedMonday, 7th September 2020We used The Thomas Wright House as a stopover on a long drive from Hampshire to Aberdeen and decided to book the Phoenix Suite for a touch of luxury based on the numerous positive reviews. We were... Read full review
- karensP6070QWTrip Type:CouplesFantastic stay 😊Friday, 25th September 2020We have stayed and eaten here a few times now, and have to say we have never been disappointed. In these present times of Covid we felt very safe. Esther and team have gone to great lengths to ensure... Read full review
- kittykatcrookCrook, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous hidden gemFriday, 2nd October 2020We stayed in the Aquila room with outside hot tub from walking in to walking out we felt like royalty.. everything was perfect the room was amazing it had exceptional attention to detail..we were... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Cater for vegetarians
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|